Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Baltimore Orioles Thread - I would post something witty, but sports suck

MattFancy

Do we have any interest in bringing Parra back. He's better than any other OF option we have.

And speaking of young arms, can Bundy and Harvey finally stay healthy for a season. Don't expect much if anything from Harvey this year but I'd like to see Bundy show us something at some point.

Do we have any interest in bringing Parra back. He's better than any other OF option we have.

And speaking of young arms, can Bundy and Harvey finally stay healthy for a season. Don't expect much if anything from Harvey this year but I'd like to see Bundy show us something at some point.

Bundy has to show something this year. His contract stipulates being on the active roster.

I'd love to have Parra back. He's a sparkplug. I like him.

It be nice to hear Adam Jones has spent the off season working on not chasing sliders in the dirt a foot off the plate.

Looking forward to seeing Schoop and Machado progress.

Wouldn't mind seeing Machado get some more time at short this year. As great as he's been at 3rd,I think it will be easier to find a good 3B than it will be to find a good SS when Hardy is done.

IMO, elite SS & good 3B > good SS & elite 3B

It be nice to hear Adam Jones has spent the off season working on not chasing sliders in the dirt a foot off the plate.

Looking forward to seeing Schoop and Machado progress.

Wouldn't mind seeing Machado get some more time at short this year. As great as he's been at 3rd,I think it will be easier to find a good 3B than it will be to find a good SS when Hardy is done.

IMO, elite SS & good 3B > good SS & elite 3B

Hardy isn't lacking in the field IMO (at least this past season) But the future is unknown. Right now, I want Manny at 3b. I feel like there are more plays he saves there than are needed at SS recently. Especially with the way the 3b territory is at OPACY.

I felt like Jonesy was better at the plate this year than in previous years...at least as far at chasing low and away.

Oh I agree Hardy is still a top notch SS. Our best combo now is Hardy at short and Machado at 3rd for sure. I'm just saying if Hardy is out for an injury or maintenance or whatever I'd like to see Machado over there. Maybe not all the time but more than he has in the past.

So, are we going to sit on our hands again this year or will DD try and improve the team?

The Os don't have the budget for big signings other than Davis.   Already at about $117 million with likely arbitration awards  http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BAL/2015-payroll-salaries.shtml    Davis would add $20-$23 million to that.  Plus you factor in we're (probably) losing Chen.   This year is hoping our prospects (particularly starting pitching) work out, or hoping a couple of low-tier FAs heavily outplay their contracts

Bundy has to show something this year. His contract stipulates being on the active roster.

I'd love to have Parra back. He's a sparkplug. I like him.

Parra wasn't very good for them though. His defense wasn't special, and he wasn't much at the plate.

.237 Avg

.268 OBP

.625 OPS

They can just roll Alvarez or Urritia out there and get that kinda production for pennies on the dollar. He had that one walk-off I remember, that was about his contribution.

Oh I agree Hardy is still a top notch SS. Our best combo now is Hardy at short and Machado at 3rd for sure. I'm just saying if Hardy is out for an injury or maintenance or whatever I'd like to see Machado over there. Maybe not all the time but more than he has in the past.

I can see his defense falling off the table quickly though. And he's become a liability at the plate. He looks like he's one more injury away from not being able to stand up straight.

Well other teams continue to make moves. Meanwhile in "stay with the crap we got" land...

Most of the players of consequence they may have been interested in are still available, other than Gordon and Span.

So, are we going to sit on our hands again this year or will DD try and improve the team?

This is how DD has been operating. He's usually pretty patient with putting the roster together last few years, both Cruz and Jimenez signed after Spring Training started.

Word on the street is though, this time around, Angelos might be making him wait out Davis. And since most of the contingency plans are still on the table, it has worked out so far.

Parra wasn't very good for them though. His defense wasn't special, and he wasn't much at the plate.

.237 Avg

.268 OBP

.625 OPS

They can just roll Alvarez or Urritia out there and get that kinda production for pennies on the dollar. He had that one walk-off I remember, that was about his contribution.

That was about the same contibution that Urritia had also. playing RF at OPACY doesn't require special defense either. See Markakis, Nick. The master of making routine plays "look" spectacular.

That was about the same contibution that Urritia had also. playing RF at OPACY doesn't require special defense either. See Markakis, Nick. The master of making routine plays "look" spectacular.

That's exactly my point. lol

And Parra's looking for a 3 yr deal. After what we saw as an Oriole, no way.

Archived