Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins To Unveil Drawings Of New Stadium :CSN Mid Atlantic

DButz65

Didnt see this posted, yet

CSN Mid Atlantic

"Even as the Redskins get set to host their first playoff game since 2012, few topics excite the Washington fanbase like talk of new stadium. Owner Dan Snyder got the speculation started last year when he told CSN's Chick Hernandez that he has spoken with architects about a new stadium, and his desire to replicate the atmosphere at venerable RFK Stadium"

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/redskinsblog/report-redskins-unveil-drawings-new-stadium-location-tbd

I wish they'd do something to replicate the "vibration" I've heard RFK had when fans stomped there. Some of you guys went to RFK, I never did, but I've heard that when the crowd got going it was like the whole stadium would shake.

That would be awesome, and something that set our stadium apart from other NFL stadiums. The Packers had/have their heated turf, the Seahawks their stadium is supposedly designed to make it louder, this would be pretty awesome for Skins home games.

CSN Mid Atlantic

Owner Dan Snyder got the speculation started last year when he told CSN's Chick Hernandez that he has spoken with architects about a new stadium, and his desire to replicate the atmosphere at venerable RFK Stadium

One thing to add is to put back in the walk around level.

I think it has to be if Dan wants a Super Bowl. But that also likely means the capacity will be larger too rather than the smaller design most were hoping for

Dunno. He's stripped out like 15k seats from Fedex over the last few years. I think (hope) he gets the idea of a smaller, more passionate crowd.

Archived