Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Top Giants, Move Into First Place

Great win, leading the Division, finally we are really playing for value and purpose. To Hell with all the Debbie Downers who can't enjoy a good win that means so much to the teams success this year. Team seemed to have it's best all round game of the season.

Have you noticed how well Special Reams have been playing?

Did you notice our patchwork young oline did not give up a sack yesterday?

Did you see Brandon Scherff run blocking well into the secondary and also him coming up to dbacks who were tackling Alfred and cleaning them off?

Did you see the undrafted wr Dunbar, who was converted to a cb and went out in the Red Zone and got an interception in the end zone?

Did you see our coach increase the playbook by instituting 5 ways to run a bubble screen?

Did you hear about our coach telling the team this week that the reason you haven't beat the Giants is because they out-muscle you? And then the defense balls out against a qb who has won 2 SB's.

Did you see my boy Cousins hit Djax for a 63 yd touchdown strike and immediately Alfred's run game came alive?

We will take the next games like it's a 1 game season and we must win each game. Do you think Jerry Jones will fall so far into depression from what will happen next Sunday that he will need more than strippers to perk him up.

Not sure I understand the need to qualify a good win. The team did what they had to against a divisional foe that had simply had our number and bad. They had beaten us 12 of the last 15, the last few games embarrassingly.

The Def played outstanding, especially when you consider we lost Culliver for the rest of the season just as he was getting back to form. How about the Quinton Dunbar? How about the coaching staff converting a WR to CB!

The Off did enough. Could it have been a wider margin of victory? Absolutely. But again, this was a divisional enemy that had been kicking our collective asses. They scored when they had to. The clock management at the end of the game was magnificent!

Reed is such an enigma! He had 3 really bad penalties! But when you need a play late in the 4th Q, he is always there! All he does is make game saving plays! That 3rd and 5 conversion won the game! I would have liked a little something different on the next 3 plays like a really high percentage pass play on 2nd down to move the sticks, but you can't argue with leaving them only 29 secs and no TOs to go the length of the field. Really nice win for the team and the coaches. The guys are completely buying in.

We need to get past this home and away thing. Some of it is the opposition. WE have played the Jets, NE and Carolina away. We also played Atl when they were 4-0 and we took them to OT. Had Grant not fallen down that game would likely have been different.

But for right now, let's kick some dallast ass, then go to the Bears and see what we can do! I will be at FedEx for next weeks game! Hope they dial up a win!

Man & Go- Hard to follow that up, you guys nailed it. I hate hearing the Giants coaches/media/fans saying that they were sleepwalking most of the game. The Skins D did is to credit, there's nothing more to it. They had an extra week to prepare for of us and all week they were talking about how pumped they were coming off that Pats loss. The Skins brought it.

My random ADD thoughts and observations:

-Kerrigan, good to see you!

-Dunbar, I think this kid is the real deal. He's flashed all year and this was his coming out party

-In a game where the only way to win is to out-physical the other team, we took it to them on both sides of the ball

-I hated squandering two short-field opportunities early... but it showed a lot that the morale stayed high 

-Apparently, Gruden actually gave an inspiring speech before the game

-Cousins keeps doing it. We have to lock him up. He's won over the team.

-OBJ is a freak and I'd like to see him out of the NFCE 

I couldn't be happier about the win, but I wish the score reflected the a$$kicking that we handed out. Giving up a TD on 4th & 16 is just dumb. That's all the negativity that I have. Great gameplan, great prep, great execution. We BEAT UP an average football team... You can take that to mean whatever you'd like, but what I see is a team with all sorts of promise.

Btw, Seln- did you happen to see what the Panthers D did to romoSUCKS (before the broke him)?... I think you should re-consider your post-Panthers game judgement of Kirk.

Other players who are standing out-

Keyshon Jarrett- tough physical kid who desires the knock the snot out of someone. Just what McCloughan described as the kind of player he likes.

Spencer Long- The kid is doing pretty well at LG beside Trent.

Rashod Ross- after being inactive for a couple of games he comes back to special teams and makes a couple of tackles.

Brandon Scherff- I admit I watch this guy alot. If I miss what he did I rewind so I can see. He's a tremendous asset to our team and he's starting to show his nasty side as he's become more comfortable. He shoved that dback into tomorrow on the long run by Matt Jones.

I know people are tired of hearing this, but it just can't be stressed enough in terms of the job the coaches are doing.

Going into the weekend we were #1 in games lost to injury! #1! Yet with all those games lost, this staff still has us in the conversation of the POs in Dec. Yes, a large part of that is a not very good NFC East. But I will not apologize for that. The fact is we have guys coming off the street and contributing.

One of the plays of the day was made by Quinten Dunbar, a converted WR who was only out there because due to so many injuries, DHall was playing S and Culliver, one of our 2 best cover corners, was lost for the rest of the season.

Here is the link for anyone thinking I am exaggerating: http://www.mangameslost.com/nfl-week-11-games-missed-due-to-injury-and-iit-metrics-november-25-2015/  They attempt to assign importance to lost players, but that's just their opinion. Lost games are lost games, period.

I need to toot my own horn. I hate to, but I've been calling for it for weeks now, we finally ran it and goddam it worked so well... Play action on 1st down. It was f'ing magical, I think it worked every time we called it yesterday... We have taken on the reputation of running on 1st down, whether or not it's working. Spagnuolo gameplanned for that- he had the LBs up on the line and prepared for run literally every first down play. They were caught off guard almost every time we ran play action. 

Every time we call it, as long as there are three receiving options (at least one deep and one dumpoff), this will be effective. Do it on 1st down and do it on 2nd-and-short every f'ing time. Like i've been saying, our run game isn't great, but we can use the pass game to open it up. I know it sounds backwards, but it's what the great offenses (Pats/Broncos/Steelers) do. We used play action so well that LBs weren't biting on the run fake, the problem for them was that we weren't faking it. As much as I give credit to the OL, I give more to  this adjustment in playcalling. 

If you happen to re-watch the game, give a quick glance at how the Giants D played us in the 1st quarter... and notice how it changed as the game progressed. 

Well if anyone still is thinking we new a new coaching staff they are out of their mind!! This team continues to get better and the effort I see is night and day from the past. We have guys playing positions on the fly and filling holes every week some even coming in off the streets. We need to stay patient and allow the football minds in place (thank you finally Danny) to work their magic, The ship is headed in the right direction for once in a very long time!

HTTR!!!!

WE WANT DALLAS!!!!! 

Well if anyone still is thinking we new a new coaching staff they are out of their mind!! This team continues to get better and the effort I see is night and day from the past. We have guys playing positions on the fly and filling holes every week some even coming in off the streets. We need to stay patient and allow the football minds in place (thank you finally Danny) to work their magic, The ship is headed in the right direction for once in a very long time!

HTTR!!!!

WE WANT DALLAS!!!!! 

There was a very telling moment in the game. When Quinten Dunbar got his interception he ran over to Jay and embraced him. Jay was very happy for him. It was an honest embrace, not forced. His players like playing for him. That's huge to me.

I am fully on board. There is still a lot of work to do, but it appears they are really headed in the right direction.

We have to beat dallast, not for jay to stay, but just because we have to beat dallast!  I hate those mother-****ers!!!  

Every time I envision how this Cowboys game will play out, my thought pattern goes from extreme confidence keying on the facts that we're playing well and that they have no QB, but then it slowly decreases and I end up thinking "sh*t I've read this book before- home, prime time, against a divisional rival who we are favored to beat... this is a game that we somehow blow and it embarrasses the crap out of us." 

I guess that's the fun of being a Redskins fan...

Archived