Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philadelphia: The Saddest Sports City

Riggo#44

As DC sports fans, this might be a case of the pot calling the kettle black.  Just sayin'. 

And trust me...I get the futility that is Philly sports, but we're in no position to laugh with the current state of our pro sports teams. 

As DC sports fans, this might be a case of the pot calling the kettle black.  Just sayin'. 

And trust me...I get the futility that is Philly sports, but we're in no position to laugh with the current state of our pro sports teams. 

If you can't use your enemies pain as salve for your own wounds, you aren't doing it right.

If you can't use your enemies pain as salve for your own wounds, you aren't doing it right.

Besides, no one is claiming DC is Boston when the Pats, Celtics, Bruins, and Red Sox were all winning championships.

But if you think we're anywhere close the malaise Philly is in, you're just bitter.

The Nats had a terrible year, and won 83 games. The Phillies are at least 4 years away from reaching .500. The Caps are off to a torrid start. The Redskins have surpassed the Eagles, and not just on the field--St. McCloughan is on the job less than a year, and his affect is noticable. I dont follow the NBA closely at all, but the Sixes are 0-16...

DC teams right now actually aren't that bad. Caps are a juggernaut and Nats have won two division titles recently and have had four straight over .500 seasons and are expected to contend again. Wiz are struggling at the moment but have made the 2nd round of the playoffs two years in a row. Skins are up on the upswing.

Philly is just awful at the moment. Not one of their teams are going to be in the title picture anytime soon. I can't really think of a big city in worse condition.

Well the Flyers and Phillies have championships  :unsure:

I saw a stat that the Phillies had the best winning percentage of all 4 sports teams in Philly...and they finished in last place in the NL East. 

The Redskins have 3, the Wizards/Bullets have 1. That's 4. We win!!

Archived