Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Giants Prediction Thread: The 'F' Mara Special

skins island connection

When: Sunday, November 29th

Where: FedEx Field

Sunday, the Redskins welcome the New York football Giants into FedEx field for the rematch of the letdown game played earlier.

The Giants come off a bye week, surprise surprise, this is the 3rd or 4th team the Redskins have faced coming off a bye or an extended time off, so not much to say on their behalf regarding their play.

But the Redskins on the other hand, well, that's a horse of a different color. This past sunday, the Redskins come off a very bad loss at the hands of the Panthers AND the refs from what I gather. They started out going toe-to-toe with another undefeated team, but fell apart mostly due to a lack of a running game, poor officiating, and poor protection. It seemed that the Redskins couldn't catch a break to save their lives, or their season.

All is not lost though; we're 2nd in the NFCE, a much better position than we were in last few years, and we have a chance to grab a share of 1st place in the east with a win. Cousins seems to be working out ok thus far, although he still needs more game experience, but there is an issue with the running game; there is no consistency there. Is it the o-line? Is it Morris or Jones? Is it the playcalling? Maybe a combination of all 3? Who knows, but bottom line is, there has to be better production than there was this past sunday.

Defensively speaking, questions and slight doubt is starting to gain a little traction, Barry is a far cry from Haslett, but the fire quickly left the bellies of the defense on sunday.

Look for another hard-fought game, and most likely a slightly, or not so slightly, wild one. This game has the makings to be a shoot-out, and it is at home, where the Redskins have only lost 1 game this season. It will boil down to who wants to win more, and momentum; its the chance at a share of 1st place. that in itself should be motivation enough for the Redskins to rise to the challenge.

In the end, when the dust settles and the 'Having fun With Eli pics 'thread kicks into high gear,

the Redskins will win, in dramatic fashion.

Redskins 38

Giants 33

Refs 14

Mara **** YOU

1st correct score prediction wins a new Redskins cap or beanie !!

If the team (and fans) stays on their "woe is me" asses? It's gonna be a loss.

If they take that ass whipping yesterday as a motivational tool and get very ****ing pissed off? Than would hate to be the Giants in DC this week.

The problem is I don't know who is going to show up

This game is personal to me -- most of my in-laws are Giant fans including my wife and I am a bit burned out from them rubbing this rivalry in my face. 

Thinking about all of those recent loses, hard for me to picture a win and the context to this game makes me feel even more pessimistic.  The Giants tend to play well in division games when the stakes are high.  They have our number and they seem to know it.  The Redskins are coming off potentially a demoralizing loss and are about to face a team that they know has had their number.  Arguably, Kirk Cousins' worse games of his career have been against the Giants.  And heck the NFL gave the Giants 2 weeks to prepare (like Tampa and the Jets). The Redskins around midseason during the last 2 years - suffered a demoralizing loss which was then followed with a losing streak -- bottoming out.   All of this to me adds to not just a Giants win but a Giants blow out.  

But as I think about all of that, I hang on this.  Every time this season when the team has been one game away from oblivion, they've won at home.   When we've had that week of pessimism leading up to a critical home game -- doom and gloom -- it's led to a victory.  Just on the law of averages alone, the Redskins are due, Kirk is due against the Giants.  And they cannot afford to lose this game.  So I'll go Redskins 28-Giants 27. 

The Giants defense is very good defending the run but horrific stopping the pass.   I'd unleash D. Jax -- use Thompson on screens -- open up the offense.   Yes, its frustrating that they can't run the ball but the Giants defense plays into the strengths of the Redskins offense.  I think its funny that some NFL talking heads talk about the Redskins running game as their niche hanging on to that thought I presume because it was the Redskins stated intent before the season.  That's silly.  The running game is mostly horrific.  But I have faith in the passing game and I think they can burn the Giants secondary.

As a fan, I can stomach a loss to an undefeated team. I can stomach a bad day, where even the calls seem to go against my team. What I cannot stomach though is the limp-wristed response this team came out with after Culliver's pick-six was taken away.

Yes, that call was brutal. But I just cannot shake the lack of fight from this team in the second half. The players keep saying things are different but are they really? This team looks demoralized.

And now here come the Giants, fresh off their bye week. A Giants team that has owned the Redskins. This game is essentially a home playoff game for the Redskins. Can they sieze the opportunity and take care of business in order to stay in the hunt? Or will they puke on their collective shoes?

I want to believe this team is indeed different but I just can't unsee how this team looked yesterday. The lack of leadership was astounding. Given the apparently irremovable warts this team has and the team they are going up against, I predict this season to sadly unravel just as it has every season save for 2012 around this time.

Giants 30

Redskins 17

I think the team comes home and plays a good game. Good enough to win? I have my doubts after they laid down like a rolled up news paper threatened puppy against Fig newtons gang. But, at home,pissed, share of 1st place on the line, Dallas now in their rearview mirror,  maybe just maybe less mistakes.

Us.      28

them.  24

It is a Redskins home game against the Giants. We are playing for first place in the division and I am going to the game. Considering all of these factors, I am confident that we will not only lose, but lose in a manner that has us all asking, "Where do we go from here?"

Kirk will throw multiple idiotic interceptions, Gruden will do something completely incompetent, McCloughan will be inebriated on the sideline, one of our young promising players (let's say Brandon Scherff) will tear multiple knee ligaments and never be the same. That type of game.

We need this game. It's not that I think we're good enough to actually win the division this year (we can't run or defend), but I think playing a couple more meaningful games would be very exciting for this team. We ARE improving and developing after all. 

So, I HOPE this game is a tight, somewhat defensive battle where we get a couple turnovers, hit some big plays, and have a shot deep into the 4th quarter. We are an emotional team, so if the game follows that script I'll trust our guys to come through like they have already a couple times this year (Rams, Eagles, Bucs). I'll go with 26-24 Skins!

However, I FEAR this game will follow the recent Redskin/Giant script. We will do something in the first 5 minutes to gift them with points and somehow not get our act together until we're chasing 10-14 points sometime in the second quarter. From that point forward, we'll have a couple plays that, if we make, we pull back to within arm's reach. I see this being a grind after the initial hole we dig, but never once having the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead. The Giants coast to a 30-19 win. We'll come away saying that "if X receiver catches that third down pass it's a different game" or "if we just made the tackle on 4th and 2 we'd regain all the momentum and likely score to get right back in the game". 

So, when all is said and done, my brain tells me I have to go with the script that I've seen play out every time we've played since 2013 (we've lost by 11, 11, 31, 14, and 7 in those games). 

Sorry. Boooooo to me!

Archived