Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PHOTOS: Redskins Take On The Panthers

Well that stunk!  The team again laid a complete egg on the road. They need to figure that out. Having said that, Carolina is playing at a high level. We are just not that good a team yet. You spot a team like that 5 TOs and stupid penalties (how many Def off sides did we have? 4? 5?) and you will lose!

Why is it whenever we get a great STs play it's wasted by bad team play! Un****ing real!

Ok, on the good side of things (yes there is a good side), it's just one game. If we win next week we will be tied for 1st in the Div! On top of that we are at home!

From a season standpoint, we have 4 div gms left. If we can win 3 of those and 1 other gm, we would finish 8-8 and have a real good chance of winning the div.

Yep, we got shellacked by a much better team. We are just not good enough to beat upper tier teams like the Falcons, Jets, Pats, and the Panthers. It's so obvious, when we play teams that are close to our level we have blown them out like the Rams and Saints and to a lesser degree Rams and Buccaneers. So, I'm sure McCloughan is taking notes and watching these kind of games too to figure out who quits when it gets lousy. Geez, hope these guys will be motivated after this.

Take on the Panthers? They can't even take on a high school team! they are pathetic, This one week on and the next week off Sh**t don't work. Yes, the officials sucked, but the team sucked even more. I now have formed my opinion about "Captain Kirk", let's keep him as a backup. I don't think he is the future.

The only way we were going to win was if we played a mistake-free game. Instead, we played one of the ugliest I've ever seen. I give credit to a great Panthers team, but we beat ourselves just as bad as they beat us... And for some reason the refs felt like they should jump in on the beating. 

I'm not going to look at the stats but, how in the F do we lose that many fumbles? There's nothing more to that then poor play by the ball carrier. I don't want to hear any blame going to coaching for someone's butterfingers. Speaking of coaching, as much as I feel like I should blame Barry or the D for this onslaught, I just can't. They were on the field the whole game.  

That nonsense flag on Culliver's hit was obviously our doom... You all understand the scoreboard and field position repercussions, so no need to beat that dead horse, but where it killed us was the momentum. Even NY sports radio this morning was talking about how that game would have been much different had the refs called that play, along with the rest of the game, evenly. Sure, we maybe/probably still lose, but not like that. 

Fun fact, we play the Giants on Sunday... another team we get to play whose coming off their bye. 

Seln- Come on man... Kirk has played well all year and then you reserve judgement until after he goes on the road to face one of the best defenses? This was a terribly sloppy game, and no way can someone watch that game and say it falls on the QB.

Seln, I do not believe this was kirks fault at all. One horrible pass, yes. The oline played terrible, and with no run game the d is going to pin their ears back and come to kill the QB. Of the 10 interceptions this year, 6 are on him. The other 4 were balls that should have been caught or the receiver fell down. I am in no way anointing Kirk the greatest, but have seen much improvement in his game this year. As I have said in the past, he is a good back up with the potential to become a very capable starting QB.

Also the refs were bad but we just got a shellacking by a much better team.

As always JMHI.

HTTR

Seln, I do not believe this was kirks fault at all. One horrible pass, yes. The oline played terrible, and with no run game the d is going to pin their ears back and come to kill the QB. Of the 10 interceptions this year, 6 are on him. The other 4 were balls that should have been caught or the receiver fell down. I am in no way anointing Kirk the greatest, but have seen much improvement in his game this year. As I have said in the past, he is a good back up with the potential to become a very capable starting QB.

Also the refs were bad but we just got a shellacking by a much better team.

As always JMHI.

HTTR

Problem is you can't keep a good backup qb past their Rookie contract. If they are ''good'', which Cousins is, then someone else is qb starved and they are going to sign him as a starter. Cousins does too many things right to not consider him as the best option for the team moving forward. I think Peyton Manning had 5 interceptions in 1 game this season.

Problem is you can't keep a good backup qb past their Rookie contract. If they are ''good'', which Cousins is, then someone else is qb starved and they are going to sign him as a starter. Cousins does too many things right to not consider him as the best option for the team moving forward. I think Peyton Manning had 5 interceptions in 1 game this season.

Man, I agree. I think that SM will get a deal done with him at the end of the season.

Man, AC- There's a good thread in "the stadium" forum about the potential Cousins contract... The consensus is that he will definitely garner "average starting QB money" if he hits FA, which would pay him anywhere from $12M-$18M. I believe we should try to sign him now in an attempt to grab him for $12ish per year. 

Man, AC- There's a good thread in "the stadium" forum about the potential Cousins contract... The consensus is that he will definitely garner "average starting QB money" if he hits FA, which would pay him anywhere from $12M-$18M. I believe we should try to sign him now in an attempt to grab him for $12ish per year. 

I'll check that out CT. I was hoping for $9mil. with incentives to drive up to $12mil. . But I confess that it's very hard for me grasp his worth in dollars.

I'll check that out CT. I was hoping for $9mil. with incentives to drive up to $12mil. . But I confess that it's very hard for me grasp his worth in dollars.

I might disagree with CTskins on if that thread is a good one or not. Lot's of very biased opinions. In the end I think it's going to take more than any of the fans want to see us invest on Kirk. But you have to. Even if you are still not sure if he the guy long term, at this point you have to pay him what you have to keep him. We can't let him leave unless they are absolutely certain he is not the long term solution.

Based on his play so far, he has earned another year. I would look for a short term higher than expected, long term team friendly contract that allows them to cut ties in a year or two with little to no dead cap. I could see something like 4 yrs, $60M, $24M guaranteed and a $16M signing bonus with incentives that could take it to $75M and a 5yr option for $20M. I will throw that out there. Let's see how close it is if they resign him.

Archived