Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Fallout 4 Thread (all platforms)

codeorama

You-Know-Why-Im-Here.jpg

Man, after waiting 5 years for this game, and reading countless threads about "what will your first character build be?" on the official Bethesda Forums, I have decided that I have absolutely no plans. After watching the intro about the bombs dropping, and time spent in Vault 111, I will just build whatever character comes to me. The mega-nerds have already spent hours analyzing all the S.P.E.C.I.A.L attributes and character perks, and have these elaborate write ups (i'm talking 20+ paragraphs, seriously) on the Fallout forums about what kind of person they're going create, and how they're going to go about things. I feel like they're overthinking the crap out of it.

You'll only get to play Fallout 4 for the first time once. Milk the experience. Folks shouldn't be in such a hurry to follow a specific paththey've set out for themselves. Let Fallout 4 come to you. I want my first time with FO4 to take as long as possible.

I'll be in no hurry to finish the story or get any side quests done. I just want to get out there and explore that big open world. With over 400+ hours of content, it will probably take 5-6 playthroughs to see/find/be exposed to all the possible outcomes. I'm just gonna fire it up at midnight Monday night and let the good times roll.

Only absolute must I have for Fallout 4, if the option is there: choose the "Wild Wasteland" Perk. it'll change your life

I'd guess that GOTY conversations will start popping up all over the major gaming websites by next Friday.

Yeah, I never had any trouble with any of the Fallout games.  Just be smart about combat.

I wish there'd been multiplayer.  Not really that the Fallout series needs it, just that I don't have much time these days for long single-player games.  It's a lot easier to justify a purchase if it's something I can play online with my brother and my friends.

I usually put points into the strength category, since I'm a hoarding pack rat, and loot EVERYTHING. Other than that, I'll probably put a few in intelligence and luck. Luck builds can be pretty fun.

I've been looking forward to this game for a while though, so I'm going to take my time with it.

Yeah, I never had any trouble with any of the Fallout games.  Just be smart about combat.

I wish there'd been multiplayer.  Not really that the Fallout series needs it, just that I don't have much time these days for long single-player games.  It's a lot easier to justify a purchase if it's something I can play online with my brother and my friends.

So true. Main reason I love Destiny

yeah, tossing some points on Luck is always a good idea.  I like to have a high lock pick too.  If there's a back door to a buildling or a safer way around a room full of baddies, i'll all for it.

Also, Intelligence is a huge one, because the higher your intel, the more points you get to assign to your skills every time you level up.  

Lockpick for me. Thats your lifeblood

Absolutely. It's a part of my loot-happy philosophy. No matter how many containers I open, or how high my level, I always feel strange leaving a locked box behind. Who knows what treasures that container may hold?

Absolutely. It's a part of my loot-happy philosophy. No matter how many containers I open, or how high my level, I always feel strange leaving a locked box behind. Who knows what treasures that container may hold?

Hell yeah, man.  the anticipation.  Especially safes in somebody's office.  Is there a Fatman in there?  ammo?  bottle caps?  a bobblehead?!

I still remember in Fallout 3, there was one of those satellite arrays in the NW area of the map.  walked past a metal door on the outside of the compound, it was a bunker of some sort.  I just knew it had to be a weapon cache.  but it was either 100% lockpick or needed a key.  i searched high and low for that key for like 20-30 minutes.  Found it on the body of some dude I had killed inside the compound earlier.  ran back outside to open the bunker. The door opened, and immediately behind it was another door (inaccessible), with big spray paint letters that read "**** YOU!"  #Fallout

with all th e TALK and HYPE around reddit / ES i asked my local gamestop about RFallour 4 and they said it wasn't coming out until next week

:mellow:

That's why there is talk and hype, because fans have been waiting for years for this release.  Just wait for the inevitable disappointment voiced by fans, that will come too.  

Won't stop them from putting 100 hours into the game though.  Bethesda Softworks is like that.  They make a game with enough flaws to complain about but enough freedom that you just can't stop playing the damn thing. 

Speaking of Bethesda you guys see this:

mmmm violence. 

Never played Fallout...never been this excited for a game i've never played, lol.

While people were drowning in F3/New Vegas, i was busy pumping 700+ hours into Skyrim, & still only progressing through 2/3 of the story. Absolutely wracked with anticipation...cannot wait.

Man...oh, hey...anyone else here get the XONE version so they could get F3 free download with it???? Man...2 for one....the Jew in me is hysterical right now.

Never played Fallout...never been this excited for a game i've never played, lol.

While people were drowning in F3/New Vegas, i was busy pumping 700+ hours into Skyrim, & still only progressing through 2/3 of the story. Absolutely wracked with anticipation...cannot wait.

Man...oh, hey...anyone else here get the XONE version so they could get F3 free download with it???? Man...2 for one....the Jew in me is hysterical right now.

Yeah, I got it on Xbox for the free download.

Archived