Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Gun Control Debate Thread

Dont Taze Me Bro

Hi

crazy paranoid here who gets laughed at for suggesting the administration wants to arm teachers because their overlords want to sell as many guns as is possible.

Except now the administration suggest giving bonuses to teachers who are armed.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/trump-floats-bonuses-teachers-willing-carry-guns-class-n850281

Oh,, ha ha! Just another baby step down the path of total insanity! These people don't REALLY want to do this stuff!

i must be out of my mind!

~Bang is tired of being right about these people

On 8/28/2018 at 2:58 PM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

The obsession that some people have with guns is seriously bizarre. 

Cant help but believe it being a right and directly being linked to freedom for some having something to do with it. Or just small penises, can be both, i presume.

Edited by Renegade7

On 9/13/2018 at 3:43 PM, Renegade7 said:

Cant help but believe it being a right and directly being linked to freedom for some having something to do with it. Or just small penises, can be both, i presume.

It is a right.  And not all gun nuts are conservative and most are fine with stricter regulations and laws.  

And be what does penis size have to do with wanting to protect yourself and family?  Why bring a knife to a gunfight.....

and responsible gun owners like myself, sometimes we just like to target shoot with various models that are fun.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

It is a right.  And not all gun nuts are conservative and most are fine with stricter regulations and laws.  

And be what does penis size have to do with wanting to protect yourself and family?  Why bring a knife to a gunfight.....

and responsible gun owners like myself, sometimes we just like to target shoot with various models that are fun.

It's a mix of reasons, but I don't look at your example as the same as people that walk into chick-fi-la with an AR-15 strapped to their back to show everyone its their right to do so.  That has nothing to do with protecting your family.

On 9/15/2018 at 3:59 PM, Renegade7 said:

It's a mix of reasons, but I don't look at your example as the same as people that walk into chick-fi-la with an AR-15 strapped to their back to show everyone its their right to do so.  That has nothing to do with protecting your family.

Gotcha.  Me personally, I think open carry is kinda ridiculous.  I'm sure not everyone that does it has bad intentions, but I'd suspect most do it for attention, or to intimidate, etc.  Now conceal carry, I 100% support that.  What I would like to see is national gun laws instead of each individual state have their own set of laws.  And would be fine with open carry not being allowed at all.  

As for protecting the family, I prefer to have multiple options, and do.  But, one can protect their family with an assault rifle.  Hell, 40 rounds are better than 3 shells :cheers:

• Like 2

@Dont Taze Me Bro ya, a couple things i have in mind i believe is more then reasonable.  It's one thing to own a gun, its another to be walking around with one.  Open carry isn't nearly as strict as concealed, so id be fine removing open carry as long as each state license is recognized country wide.

I still plan to get concealed, and i to an extent have some empathy with "take our guns" crowd because gun control is rarely clarified and as someone dealing with mental health issues ill be the first they come after.

45 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Dont Taze Me Bro ya, a couple things i have in mind i believe is more then reasonable.  It's one thing to own a gun, its another to be walking around with one.  Open carry isn't nearly as strict as concealed, so id be fine removing open carry as long as each state license is recognized country wide.

I still plan to get concealed, and i to an extent have some empathy with "take our guns" crowd because gun control is rarely clarified and as someone dealing with mental health issues ill be the first they come after.

I agree that there should be a national concealed carry permit/law, where the firearm can be concealed in any state.  The thing with mental health issues, I don't see them coming for the guns for those suffering, at least not any time soon.  Hell, they can't even get national ban on bump stocks after the Vegas tragedy. 

In NC, to apply for a purchase permit (I think it's the same for a concealed permit, not sure I'd have to ask my wife as she applied for hers and I haven't yet) you have to sign a form allowing for the release of any court documents regarding any rulings stating that you have been declared mentally incompetent to own a firearm.  With HIPAA in place, I think this might be the strictest all states or national laws would be, at least in the beginning.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I agree that there should be a national concealed carry permit/law, where the firearm can be concealed in any state.  The thing with mental health issues, I don't see them coming for the guns for those suffering, at least not any time soon.  Hell, they can't even get national ban on bump stocks after the Vegas tragedy. 

In NC, to apply for a purchase permit (I think it's the same for a concealed permit, not sure I'd have to ask my wife as she applied for hers and I haven't yet) you have to sign a form allowing for the release of any court documents regarding any rulings stating that you have been declared mentally incompetent to own a firearm.  With HIPAA in place, I think this might be the strictest all states or national laws would be, at least in the beginning.  

Ya, I've mentioned something like a doctors note to purchase firearms, id like a new one every year as part of recertification.

At some point the laws we agree will start to get implemented, the danger will always be how far do the Dems go and do they listen to professionals or sucum to their base. 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2018 at 1:40 PM, TD_washingtonredskins said:

The "Three Men and a Baby" star???? Not the "Magnum PI star" or "Three Men and a Little Lady star"?

He's always been Quigley to me. Not sure why he joined the NRA anyway, he never had much use for pistols but that doesn't mean he doesn't know how to use one.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man