Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does anyone know ...

TK

Honest response:

When you quote a large block of text on a mobile device, it becomes tedious to delete all of the text that you don't want in the quote. When you can easily select and delete on PC, you have to hold the delete button for possibly minutes on a phone or select then scroll, then delete, then select, then scroll, then delete, then select, then scroll, then delete, repeat a dozen times. I know for iPhone, you can only select all what is in the text box when you reply.

This is the reason why I simply just don't quote a large post most of the time and simply say "[user name], here's what I think...". Hopefully they check back in the thread because they won't be notified that I quoted them.

Also, I think it would be really cool if the BB software could "tag" users and notify them that they were mentioned in a post. Ie: posting @TK would notify him that I mentioned him in this post.

Just spitballing. Good morning all!

:)

Honest response:

When you quote a large block of text on a mobile device...

Honest Answer. Never quote large blocks of text on a mobile device.

Use the @Springfield tag to direct your post.

One day, code on sites will automatically truncate or parse large quotes for us. Thinking about patenting that heh. 

Prime Directive #4 {Classified}

fcR6Y.png

Honest response:

When you quote a large block of text on a mobile device, it becomes tedious to delete all of the text that you don't want in the quote. When you can easily select and delete on PC, you have to hold the delete button for possibly minutes on a phone or select then scroll, then delete, then select, then scroll, then delete, then select, then scroll, then delete, repeat a dozen times. I know for iPhone, you can only select all what is in the text box when you reply

Oh trust me, I know. I just did it here. :)

And since you know that, you also know how annoying it is, especially on mobile, to scroll through a thread where someone has quoted ten paragraphs just to add a one line response.

The reason for this thread is we've been handing out more warnings for this violation then anything else here lately. In fact just yesterday, one guy received a verbal warning, ignored it, then proceeded to do it a second time. And know he's got a few days off.

TK, honest question here.

I get what you're referring to, so my question is;

Is there a limit on how many people you quote in a single response?

I could see where 2 would not be a bad thing, but I do see where someone does it 6-8 times.

Just in case I find myself in that situation.

Of course I do realize that I should only quote the 2 most important ones, just so I don't feel the need to respond to everyone...

TK, honest question here.

I get what you're referring to, so my question is;

Is there a limit on how many people you quote in a single response?

I could see where 2 would not be a bad thing, but I do see where someone does it 6-8 times.

There's no limit on multi quoting.

Oh trust me, I know. I just did it here. :)

And since you know that, you also know how annoying it is, especially on mobile, to scroll through a thread where someone has quoted ten paragraphs just to add a one line response.

Scrolling through a wall of text, only to find an equal wall of text on the other side...

Or the dreaded multi-quote.

george_facepalm_seinfeld.gif

Archived