Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Reason for the Switch from RG3? and Related News and Noise Issues

The Wicked Wop

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2558804-insider-buzz-qb-decision-complete-180-for-gruden-rg3-lost-support-of-o-line

If this premise in the short video is the reason behind why Gruden made the switch from RG3 to Cousins all I have to say is we're likely going to have more problems ahead as this is ridiculous.  I'm really not trying to start a debate on who should have the job, I'm really not.

But the Skins made such an oddly worded / handled switch it just suggests something like this is possible and what happened.  And If so, why wouldn't you expect your QB to get pissed about the issue especially when he ended up batter after just a few plays because he was getting hit so much. I mean it was so bad bad the starting LT that game was canned in the first round of roster cuts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a different note but you could say related as part of it involved RG3 news but not of his doing.  The news and noise coming about the Redskins in the past couple weeks is part insane, part here we go again, and part when is the draft going to start, and who is are new HC going to. I gave him slack last year for part of the year then was about sick 3/4 of the way through, and then I said lets get the ship righted and see what he's got.  Honestly to me he's acting like someone who is far far dumber then he looks and that is a lot to say when you look at the way Jay looks. 

I for one thought after the hiring of SM he rounded up the troops and said keep your mouths shut or your gone as we appeared to have gone from leak central to a very quite place. Again after  Kerrigan was resigning there were no leaks just a very Redskins news release stating he was resigned and the news was great but we didn't have to go through all kinds of drama and speculation, and getting into is the offer to high, to low, to long to short.......nothing it just got done.

However many weeks ago that happened until say the 1st preseason game all was pretty much well. Now all the sudden the events and noise of the past few weeks  is just out of control.  This coaching staff (likely Gruden himself) is in my mind must clearly putting stuff out there! That of course leads to players are adding there 2 cents to.  Now all the stories on the internet are still about as how dysfunctional a franchise we are and to be honest they are 100% true.  I mean the wife of the GM tweeting about another female reports BJ habit for insider news and basically saying get your own man.......I mean is this Goodfellas.

In the past I would normally say they are overrating this and that, but we are (and rightly so) the laughing stock of the NFL.  All this will undoubtedly get blamed back to Snyder but to be honest I think he has had nothing to do with it. I think its centered around out coaching staff and bled into some players and is just out of control.  I don't know, and sorry to vent but my enthusiasm for this season has gone from pretty high (not caring so much about wins and losses but better play) by the wayside quickly and now they 100% need to show me something significant or I'll find something meaningful to do with my time. 

I thought finally we made a number of smart off-season personnel decisions, had the GM and were finally running a tight ship but that looks unlikely from where I'm standing.  We can win and look good all we want this preseason which apparently makes Jay very happy but it means jack if I'm watching a repeat of 2014.

YARG3T

Yet Another Robert Griffin 3 Thread.

It's very confusing for people to understand that Gruden was done with Robert LAST YEAR.  He was FORCED to name him as the starter THIS YEAR.  He was benched after bad play and stupid comments to the media and the coach and the GM convincing Danny enough is enough.

Gruden only said Robert was the starter because he was forced to.

This coaching staff (likely Gruden himself) is in my mind must clearly putting stuff out there.

YACBT

Yet another coach blaming thread.

It's always this or that coaches fault.

well, we said it was time to allow them...and I know we said we'd close ones that didn't have a solid substantive OP...and I think this is a weak one...but imma let another mod close it if they want or just see who "needs" to post again so bad in an rg3 thread. 

added: and it's not just an rg3 thread...fwiw

well, we said it was time to allow them...and I know we said we'd close ones that didn't have a solid substantive OP...and I think this one's a very weak one...but imma let another mod close it if they want or just see who "needs" to post again so bad in an rg3 thread.

I honestly did not just try to start another RG3 thread to have one, I saw the clip on Bleacher Report and hadn't seen it before and decided to share.  

My main point of the post where I spent really all the time was writing about our refound dysfunction and constant leaks. I had hoped and was very happy how this was none existent until the past few weeks.  Once it starts it only gets worse plain and simple.  Losses add, player complain, coaches make excuses and another season is lost is lost with little growth.

I'm just saying plain and simple if it doesn't stop soon this season will be over before we know it like last year. 

Wicked, bro, wasn't being mean to be mean, just being frank (like i am with myself)...your title's the biggest issue i'd say---kind of a mess...sort of an rg3 thread by title but not really and then what is it that isn't in the bj thread etc...maybe tighten that title up might help?  :)

Wicked, bro, wasn't being mean to be mean, just being frank (like i am with myself)...your title's the biggest issue i'd say---kind of a mess...sort of an rg3 thread by title but not really and then what is it that isn't in the bj thread etc...maybe tighten that title up might help?  :)

Well said and I don't disagree.  i'll try and adjust it later tonight, after i"m done with some work.

Thanks and HTTR

jon-stewart-confused-what.gif

Master

I honestly can't follow the logic in that video lol...Seriously, I'm trying to...but I can't.

Really? I thought you were like super-smart es'er... lol

Logic is clear and let me clear it up for you - the O-line did a poor job so RG3 got hurt but the reporter assumes that it was done on purpose and was orchestrated by Gruden to make sure the O plays out of sync so the defenders can get to RG3 and trash him like a doll. This way Gruden can start either Kirk or Colt instead. Master plan indeed!

Man, I'm gonna miss that guy!

That was his whole shtick, making funny faces so the seals in the audience could clap and pretend they were smart, taking marching orders from the very center of power while pretending to be a man of relative non-partisan views (as far as party, officeholders) and then, when criticized, putting on the clown shoes when he didn't want to take the heat. 

**** that dude.  Wasn't funny, anyway.

Go SKINS!

Angry_Mike_Shanahan.jpg

That was his whole shtick, making funny faces so the seals in the audience could clap and pretend they were smart, taking marching orders from the very center of power while pretending to be a man of relative non-partisan views (as far as party, officeholders) and then, when criticized, putting on the clown shoes when he didn't want to take the heat. 

**** that dude.  Wasn't funny, anyway.

Go SKINS!

The genius of Mr. Pibb McRibbin is that his posts can seem to fit any number of things.   Such is the harvest of the incisive mind.

VERSUS

Honestly to me he's acting like someone who is far far dumber then he looks and that is a lot to say when you look at the way Jay looks.

10nfl-1-tmagSF.jpg

I don't see it.  Maybe I'll have to familiarize myself with some inroads the Stanford Binet

scale has made with .jpg assessments. But your blast means you're just kidding yourself if you think that such sentiments mean a whit when it comes to convincing others that the man is incapable of coaching football.   

Sure, you and others who are not enamored of Gruden because of whatever is going on with RGIII can find candid unflattering pics of Coach on the net to prove your "point".   But forget all that.  Don't be skin-deep.

Be Deep with the 'Skins.   

What we've got is who we're going to battle with right now for Campaign '15,  If it isn't your ideal lineup, then instead turn it to something else.  Reframe your mind such that this motley crew of misfits is all us against the world and looking for the ring against impossible odds.   Every victory will be the sweeter, and there will be some.   Every defeat... well, you were expecting that, no?

In the meantime we do have a man on the scene who will get our roster on a more fundamentally sound foundation. He needs more than one year, though.

Httr

I'm just jumping in to say:  ...(and I'm not sure which thread I should use for now lol) ...

After a deep breath, the dust settling, and watching some tape from last year....Kirk Cousins is perfectly capable of getting the ball to Desean Jackson.  I should say - perfectly capable of using Desean Jackson the way this offense intends to use him, which is a DANGEROUS thing to have, no matter how much people want to laugh at our RG3/BJGate scandals.  

You know.  Desean Jackson.  That guy who's so good, maybe a little banged up, but so good that NO ONE is asking him to play meaningless preseason games?

SO, to be pertinent to this thread, the switch was an easy decision once the coaches realized they couldn't call a controlled offense with RG3.  They're seeking total control of a game.  You'll never have TOTAL control.  But they had NO control with RG3.  When RG3 made a nice play to desean, it seemed circumstantial.  With Cousins it seemed planned. 

We're going to see turnovers.  Everyone does.  It will be ridiculous how much we panic over Cousins' turnovers.  But we have players like Desean and Garcon, Reed if he's healthy, hell Grant and Ross...ESPECIALLY a player like Ross...who's figuring out how to play WR...that need to feel like they're running routes for a reason.  Needs to be in a constant, reliable but maybe not perfect series of plays.  RG3 was just a toss up, damn near every play.  

Desean Jackson btw.  We forgot we had Desean Jackson during all of this.  The defense can screw up 4 plays as long as Desean spends 1 running all the way to the end zone. 

SO, to be pertinent to this thread, the switch was an easy decision once the coaches realized they couldn't call a controlled offense with RG3.  They're seeking total control of a game.  You'll never have TOTAL control.  But they had NO control with RG3.  When RG3 made a nice play to desean, it seemed circumstantial.  With Cousins it seemed planned. 

Good point Dirt. Last year with RG3 running things, the question I had whenever we were passing was not so much if the play would become a broken play but when. That's a bad place to be when you have good receivers who can pile on the YAC. Those talents are wasted unless you can deliver the ball.

I don't think you have to be enamored with rg3 to disapprove of gruden. A lot of people seem to think you belong to one camp or another, but I think the more likely middle ground is that neither of them are nfl-caliber starters, but not sure if we'll see a change on the depth chart at hc mid-year.

I feel like I was duped by Gruden. I wanted the team to hire him and I still like him as a person but I never really understood why Bengals fans were excited to see him go but now I think I do.

The sad thing is we had one of the bright young minds in football on this stuff and it just didn't work out. I blame RGIII for not fixing his relationship with Kyle Shanahan. And yes I know this is a bit of revisionist history on my part and jumbo may wipe the floor with me over it but that's how I feel.

Archived