Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2015 Redskins verses Jaguars - Final

JimmiJo

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2015 Redskins verses Jaguars

09/03/15

Greetings my friends! JimmiJo here, joined by my partner Spaceman Spiff. Together we will close out this Washington Redskins preseason.

It has been one of the more memorable preseasons, but not due to football. We had a quarterback competition we didn't know about until it was over. We had interns on Twitter. Wives on Twitter. And reporters on...the job bringing you every single minute of it.

I would like to take a moment and thank Judge Berman for changing the subject today.

I can't imagine this game will generate a ton of interest beyond watching two teams play, if the parking lots are indication. It was a ghost town our there. 

Not to say the game won't be any good. These players are fighting for the final roster spots - which may make for good football. Most of them will be cut this weekend. 

The plan is for Colt McCoy to play the entire game. Other than that, don't expect to see starters of any kind, unless they are the only player on the team at their position.

Stand by...

Lineup Changes

No-one who is anyone is playing tonight. Don't believe me? Ok here:

The following players are not expected to play for the Washington Redskins:

-                      No. 10 QB Robert Griffin III

-                      No. 11 WR DeSean Jackson

-                      No. 24 S Duke Ihenacho

-                      No. 29 CB Chris Culliver

-                      No. 31 RB Matt Jones

-                      No. 35 DB DaMon Cromartie-Smith

-                      No. 36 FB Darrel Young

-                      No. 38 S Dashon Goldson

-                      No. 45 FB Jordan Campbell

-                      No. 46 RB Alfred Morris

-                      No. 47 S Akeem Davis

-                      No. 52 LB Keenan Robinson

-                      No. 56 LB Perry Riley, Jr.

-                      No. 71 T Trent Williams

-                      No. 75 G/T Brandon Scherff

-                      No. 76 T Morgan Moses

-                      No. 77 G Shawn Lauvao

-                      No. 78 C Kory Lichtensteiger

-                      No. 80 WR Jamison Crowder

-                      No. 85 WR Evan Spencer

-                      No. 86 TE Jordan Reed

-                      No. 88 WR Pierre Garçon

-                      No. 90 DE Stephen Paea

-                      No. 91 LB Ryan Kerrigan

-                      No. 92 DL Chris Baker

-                      No. 97 DE Jason Hatcher

-                      No. 98 NT Terrance Knighton

-                      No. 99 DE Ricky Jean Francois

Stand by some more...

Half

Rashad Ross, Rashad Ross, Rashad Ross.

See you after...

Photos

https://www.flickr.com/photos/extremeskins/sets/72157657745164760 

Write-up

The Jay Gruden streak in the preseason finally ends, as the Washington Redskins fall to the Jacksonville Jaguars, 17-16.

I could not be more pleased.

For me, a perfect preseason is the jinx from hell. Remember last year?

But this way they lose respectably and can wrap up these meaningless games and get ready for the opener ten days hence.

Not that this game was meaningless to the guys who played. Careers were won and lost tonight. A few players stood out for me. I’m sure you have your favorites, your camp heroes you hope to see make the roster. For me there were two, maybe three.

Rashad Ross has got to make this team. I appreciate there are other guys you can make the case for, and it depends on things like how many receivers you plan to keep, and who will returning kicks and punts. But for me, the kid had a wonderful preseason.

Ross finished tonight with 10-cateches for 103 yards and a touchdown. Plus he had one very good return and another solid one. He has a great combination of size, speed, and decent hands. I cannot imagine him hanging around on anyone’s practice squad long.

The other guy who has to make this team in my opinion is Chris Thompson. I believe he has made this team twice already, only to get hurt before the past two seasons started and end up cut. Having stayed healthy through camp and the preseason we have seen what he can do. He is nifty and quick and can catch – in other words a perfect change-of-pace third-down back.

The last guy I want to mention is Jackson Jeffcoat. The guy has been a playmaker linebacker this preseason, catching interceptions, wreaking havoc in the backfield, and being stout in general. He comes from good football stock; I remember his father playing for the Cowboys years ago.

On the not-so-good side was Spencer Long. He had a rough night and we start to see why Scherff moved inside.

Baushad Breeland got a lot of minutes tonight, and was victimized more than once. I am not too worried about it though. It was his first action since day 2 in camp and more than anything, he needs the minutes.

So what did you guys think? Again, I loved the fact they didn’t win all their games. I think you would agree the quality of backups are raised compared to past seasons, which is a testament to Scot McCloughan and what he is doing with the roster.

This team has already suffered serious injuries, and I hope we are going to find a few gems on this roster this year.

Tight end remains a concern and you have to believe the team will be scouring the waiver-wire this Saturday for tight ends. Otherwise they are going to be in a bind going into the season.

I would love to see a decent safety get picked up.

So that’s it for this preseason. It has been an absolute pleasure.

You will see me next to open the season verses the Dolphins.

Talk soon!

A few things jump out from that inactive list.

Kirk Cousins, Deangelo Hall, and Breshaud Breeland are all apparently active tonight.

Five D-Linemen are inactive! That means Golston and Kearse will get the start. Wonder if they're only keeping 6 this year?

Wish we had a camp arm so Kirk wouldn't have to play in an emergency. The last thing we need are Colt and Kirk going down right now.

Wish we had a camp arm so Kirk wouldn't have to play in an emergency. The last thing we need are Colt and Kirk going down right now.

Didn't we sign an OT, or some such, who played QB, his freshman year of college?

Looks like we're going to see a show from a bunch of RBs who probably won;t be making the team.

A few things jump out from that inactive list.

Kirk Cousins, Deangelo Hall, and Breshaud Breeland are all apparently active tonight.

Five D-Linemen are inactive! That means Golston and Kearse will get the start. Wonder if they're only keeping 6 this year?

Keim was mooting if there's a surprise cut, he'd wager on the CB's. 

Hall and Amerson where mentioned. 

Hail. 

Clinton with the sideline report:  "the battle I'm looking to watch..."  Awwww, what's a little redundancy between BnG supporters, right?

Well CP, it is becoming an In-Game Thread tradition this preseason to watch your progress toward becoming a smooth screen presence.  

Hey, it's preseason for everyone, right?

velocet

Archived