Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins-Jaguars: Ingredients For Victory

Its preseason victories dont count but do provide momentum to the reg season.defense so far looks lightyears better offense is clicking with cousins and mccoy no major problems special teams ...so over all i think its going to be a better season than most think if cousins doesnt choke worse than romo and become a turnover machine we will be okay....

funny it looks like it still comes up every time we comment on certain enemy qb a certain descriptive word shows up right behind his name

Interested in the Tight End situation since Reed will be sitting. Big question marks on our depth. Start Carrier as he is the one we traded for. Make him a focal point to see what we got there.

Good time to see the back up Tackles and guards get extensive time. Hopefully they won't keep Leribeus at Center too long and opt to give Spencer Long some much needed snaps there.

I think our defensive line 2nd and 3rd stringers are fine. Secondary back ups aren't much to write home about so they will be under the microscope also.

A lot of people couldn't care less about game 4 of the pre-season. I F'ing love game 4. Guys are fighting for their jobs, their livelihoods, this is where you see who really has it.

I just went over our roster and it looks like there's about 6 spots which are up for grabs. I'm assuming all picks from rounds 1-5 make the team. I'd love to see Jeffcoat, Bates, Coefield, Jarrett, Everett and Ross make this team (I may be confusing Everett and Jarrett and combining them into one person in my mind, but I know at least one has made some nice plays).

I know Bates has a nice stat line, and I assume that's against  3rd stringers. I haven't paid much attention to him, but he has some rave reviews. I saw he's listed at 6'3" 250lbs as an OLB. That's a similar build to Keenan, I wonder if he could play some ILB and keep Riley honest?

...I know Bates has a nice stat line, and I assume that's against 3rd stringers. I haven't paid much attention to him, but he has some rave reviews. I saw he's listed at 6'3" 250lbs as an OLB. That's a similar build to Keenan, I wonder if he could play some ILB and keep Riley honest?

He has played with the #2s and played a bit with the first string last week. He always seems to be where the ball is. They have also played him all over the defense including up on the line. I don't think they're looking to see what spot he can play in but rather how many he can fill. Utility guys (like Rob Jackson was) are uber valuable.

All that being said, if it comes down to a choice between him & Jeffcoat then Jeffcoat probably gets the nod. But I think they'll try to keep them both on the final roster. Houston would likely get scarfed up by someone off the PS or snapped up before he cleared waivers. In the end there can only be 53 so not everybody is gonna be able to stay.

OK, time to move on for me. I wish Robertg well but lets go. If he ends up back on the field I will root for him. But until then. it's Kirks time.

I am not looking for anything Thursday in terms of what the team will look like. I am rooting for some guys to make the team. Like: Ross, Crowder and I really like Justin Rogers. This kid has balled out during preseason, I think he deserves a chance.

Ultimately though, it's all about Miami! I hope tannehill get's so dirty from being sacked he has to change his jersey!

well now lets see if cousins keeps up the progress he made or digresses back to the turnover machine he was last year and mccoy had to be but in ....hope its different this year.....its hard to tell if the line just didnt block for griffin or griffin is slow on learning the drop back scheme......well thats a moot point the only way griffin gets back on the field is either for another team or if cousins or mccoy foul up or get injured.....still think something is isnt right griffin has talent and shown flashes of rookie season but it kinda looks like sabotage to make him look bad or is it just slow to learn the drop back style.....

What’s up with this team it just doesn’t stop with this organization…….now Scot’s wife tweets Diana Russini is getting her info from Scot because she is his new “side chick”

LMAO!! you just can’t make this crap up!!!

What’s next???

link here 

http://redskinscapitalconnection.com/gm-mccloughan-implicated-in-sex-scandal/

Scot McCloughan's wife is not a member of the Redskin's organization. She let her imagination run away. Married couple can be jealous if they percieve something inappropriate. We need to move on. Not a fan of that reporter either.

well now lets see if cousins keeps up the progress he made or digresses back to the turnover machine he was last year and mccoy had to be but in ....hope its different this year.....its hard to tell if the line just didnt block for griffin or griffin is slow on learning the drop back scheme......well thats a moot point the only way griffin gets back on the field is either for another team or if cousins or mccoy foul up or get injured.....still think something is isnt right griffin has talent and shown flashes of rookie season but it kinda looks like sabotage to make him look bad or is it just slow to learn the drop back style.....

It's bull**** to think there is a sabatoge plan to make Griffin look bad. Have you been watching the games the last few years?

Good day hailyeah most of the issues were not the oline but Rob's lack of fundamentals, ie footwork, his drops, reading the D, making adjustments at the line and so on. Rob is behind in many areas in which he should not be at this time and level, some have even said " Rob is still making high school level mistakes" So I can't blame the OL (not saying OL can't be better) but the sack #s go down with Kirk and this is proof of Rob's mistakes IMO. Here is a link for Kirk's game breakdown and it explains the out come of the same play with both QB's it's 30 min long but worth hearing!! Hope you take time to listen to it, enjoy!

http://stationcaster...13491&f=4785303

hailyeah - as far as RG3 goes, nobody sabotaged him but he did need a wake up call - he just got it. Hopefully he will take it as a positive step and move forward with the Redskins, or another team, and begin to achieve his full potential.

He does have potential, however; there is no doubt after watching him play the past year that he was the worse by far of the 3 QBs on the Redskins, and for whatever reason he was not stepping up to make the adjustment that would take him out of his flunk (for lack of a better word).

I am a big time Redskin fan and as such I go with the best team on the field that has a potential, now or in the future, of getting us to a super bowl. It was time to move on beyond the QB distractions, so way to go Gruden.

hailyeah - you are entitled to your opinions and I support your right, but if you are a RG3 fan and not a Redskin fan you will probably have another team soon to root for him on and he will probably make some adjustments to get his career back on track. So it is not all bad.

HTTR

I am looking forward to the next three days as they balance out their roster. I do like the depth we have and glad to see some of the previous drafts stepping up. Just hope we are done with the injuries. I agree, I think whoever ends up being cut, quite a few of them will be picked up by other teams. There is going to be some real talent let go.

Looking forward to seeing Colt play. He is fun.

Finally, some good news!  I just posted this in the Stadium - http://es.redskins.com/topic/392448-espn-jamison-crowder-will-not-be-suspended-by-nfl-met/

Jamison Crowder will not be suspended by the NFL for that garbage that women apparently just made up.

The 2nd team better gives us future starters and depth, that is a good thing - 1st time in a long time we have had some depth.

I really like our depth. I also think we are getting guys in that want to be coached. And we have at least a few coaches that can coach.

People may be looking at the oline and wondering about Bill Callahan. But oLine takes a while to settle. These a really young guys. They need a little playing time. I expect them to start playing well together b by the middle of the season.

I've had a really crappy day today. The Redskin game gives me something to look forward to. Well, that and a beer or two!

Look above .  Jamison Crowder will not be suspended. The NFL actually ruled in our favor on something!!  This could be a turning on the corner of sorts!

Good reason to look on the bright side ---  well that and a few beers!!!!

Speaking of rulings, how about deflategate. As much as I hate the Pats, I find myself hating Goodell exponentially more. 

I would have been happy either way. But this is probably a little better. Shutting down that arrogant POS bully in goodell is worth letting the cheatriots off the hook.  

Speaking of rulings, how about deflategate. As much as I hate the Pats, I find myself hating Goodell exponentially more.

I would have been happy either way. But this is probably a little better. Shutting down that arrogant POS bully in goodell is worth letting the cheatriots off the hook.

I don't want to steer the topic too far off course but - anybody think that maybe the court was sending a message of 'Don't waste our time with these kind of suits'. I mean he did warn both sides it was in their bests interest to settle it outside of the court.

Look above .  Jamison Crowder will not be suspended. The NFL actually ruled in our favor on something!!  This could be a turning on the corner of sorts!

Good reason to look on the bright side ---  well that and a few beers!!!!

Good Morning-

I got the game dvr'd but fell asleep just before 9pm. I saw Ross doing anything he wants to against the Jag's defense, saw Trey Williams get hurt, saw Jeffcoat get after the qb, saw the stat line in the paper and it looked like our rb's weren't very productive. Saw in paper te Carrier had 1 catch for 13 yds. Anybody see anything worthwhile?

Good Morning-

I got the game dvr'd but fell asleep just before 9pm. I saw Ross doing anything he wants to against the Jag's defense, saw Trey Williams get hurt, saw Jeffcoat get after the qb, saw the stat line in the paper and it looked like our rb's weren't very productive. Saw in paper te Carrier had 1 catch for 13 yds. Anybody see anything worthwhile?

You pretty much summed it up. I would only add that while Carrier only had 1 catch he played pretty well. He had some nice blocks, a badly thrown ball or two that were not his fault. For a guy who just to TC he did pretty good. He just needs time. 

Had Williams been healthier running game would have been better. Run blocking was at least fair. Back up oline was up and down in terms of pass blocking. Long looked horrible. He probably gets cut. Leriebus was good in places but got plain trucked a few times. But he will come a long and at least be serviceable at C as a back-up. 

As you said Ross was a beast. He has to make the team. Jeffcoat too. 

Just waiting for roster cuts. I think someone else said already but I think i am more interested in who makes the practice squad as I think the 53 is pretty set. 

Archived