Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WashingtonPost.com: ‘It’s now or never': Texts reveal teen’s efforts to pressure boyfriend into suicide

Destino

Michelle Carter knew that if anyone found her text messages to her boyfriend Conrad Roy III, she might go to jail.

“[if the police] read my messages with him I’m done. His family will hate me and I can go to jail,” Carter texted a friend after her 18-year-old boyfriend used a gas-powered water pump to commit suicide in the parking lot of a KMart.

Carter had asked Roy in a text message to delete her messages before he carried out the suicide last summer, but investigators found them anyway.

According to prosecutors, Carter pressured her boyfriend to go through with suicide for almost a week before he carried out the act. She counseled him to overcome his fears; researched methods of committing suicide painlessly; and lied to police, his family and her friends about his whereabouts during the act itself and after, prosecutors said.

Carter, who was 17 at the time of Roy’s death, now faces manslaughter charges in juvenile court in Massachusetts

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/08/31/its-now-or-never-texts-reveal-teens-efforts-to-pressure-boyfriend-into-suicide/?tid=pm_pop_b

The text exchanges are chilling and included in the link. 

Haha, nope!

In respect to the sheer amount of social networking. The velocity at which information travels amongst friends and groups of friends. The levels of shame that adolescents and young adults can feel. These things make it easier for emotionally immature people to become defeated, lost and hopeless.

That's what I'm referring to.

The part where she sets herself up as a mental health advocate after his death and sets up a fund in his name is the chilling part

If this were some sort of death pack that she backed out of that would be one thing. She sounds like a sociopath. Hope she spends a long time in prison

This girl is a sociopath. I got sick of her asking him over and over when is he going to do it. She just couldn't wait to receive all the attention over his suicide. Is that how this next generation values life? His life was worth it to get some 15 minutes of fame in her local community.

It's just disgusting, and shame on her parents for claiming she committed no crime. Heartless ****s.

In respect to the sheer amount of social networking. The velocity at which information travels amongst friends and groups of friends. The levels of shame that adolescents and young adults can feel. These things make it easier for emotionally immature people to become defeated, lost and hopeless.

it is different yet the same issues....some humans ain't human

the newer social networking also provides intervention.

Social media is a vehicle for a lot of problems, no doubt. Facebook for 13 year olds?.

The part where she sets herself up as a mental health advocate after his death and sets up a fund in his name is the chilling part

If this were some sort of death pack that she backed out of that would be one thing. She sounds like a sociopath. Hope she spends a long time in prison

Yep, total sociopath.

That's some scary stuff, I can't imagine what it would be like having a girlfriend manipulate her boyfriend into killing himself.

Lock her up for a very long time and study her brain so we can stop future sociopaths.

Archived