Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Two Games Key For Kirk Cousins' Role

Not many teams can say they have three starting quarterbacks on their roster. I hope that RG3 returns to his rookie year form but that will only come when he realizes the only way he stops getting hit in the pocket is to extend plays (roll outs, read options and being quick to scramble) until his amazing receivers are wide open down field. HTTR!

And now we have a swerve in the curve...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13535365/robert-griffin-iii-play-washington-redskins-saturday-night

Robert Griffin ruled OUT for Saturday night.

Article says 1 to 2 weeks for a reevaluation. 2 Weeks is the regular season. Like most of us have said in Galette's case - next man up. I wanted to see how RGIII was going fair but that isn't going to happen now. Cousins has said repeatedly that he knows it's his job to be ready to fill in at anytime. He should get the start over McCoy but you never now what these guys are going to do.

Conspiracy Theorists take note. Earlier in the week I believe what was being said about the concussion was that Robert was expected to be cleared so for him not to be was a surprise but it's not like he was cleared and then suddenly ruled out. 

At least it is still preseason so there is still time to see how the backups handle the job with the #1s. Nor do they have to be in a panic about a guy to fill in. They have two guys already on the roster for that.

If Cousins stars tomorrow, then he needs to start the season, just about no matter how he plays. This will be the only game planned game in the pre-season.

I hope he does well. This is a huge chance for him. It seriously could be the most important game of his life. if we still start Robert, Cousins will not come back.

Holy Moly..... I'm taking all this at face value that after the team announced Griffin was cleared to play by a neuroligist that someone, family member(wife) or team member noticed that something still wasn't right with him ranging from slight dizziness to nausea to forgetting what he was talking about and that person notified the team at which time the team or NFL got another indendent neuroligist to look at the data. I think it was probably his wife who would be able to observe him with his guard down, bless her heart if it was her, she is looking out for her husband.

This is my assumption, I have no more information than any of you. Just trying to piece together how this could have happened.

And I don't think for one second that it's a conspiracy to get Griffin off the field by Jay Gruden.

Archived