Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2016 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

Hackenburg is interesting because he has all the tools, and experience playing behind a horrible OL...the problem is that he didn't rise above that horrible OL. Maybe by next year we'll actually have an above-average OL, but Hackenburg has a ton of questions and unlike most guys who are labeled potential franchise QB's early on, the nitpicking has already begun. So next year is either going to make him rise again or fall like a stone, as he doesn't have the "cushion" going into his final season like most guys do. People have already begun tearing apart his film.

I think this is the earliest dukes has ever posted one of these. Probably not a good sign for us in 2015!

Hackenburg is interesting because he has all the tools, and experience playing behind a horrible OL...the problem is that he didn't rise above that horrible OL. Maybe by next year we'll actually have an above-average OL, but Hackenburg has a ton of questions and unlike most guys who are labeled potential franchise QB's early on, the nitpicking has already begun. So next year is either going to make him rise again or fall like a stone, as he doesn't have the "cushion" going into his final season like most guys do. People have already begun tearing apart his film.

I just haven't been impressed in the small sample size I've seen. Great freshman year but he looked lost last year, just horrible decision after horrible decision, I think he was even worse than his stats. Watched him in his spring game and he looked more like his sophomore than his freshman year.

2016 Draft Stock Prospectus

Buy:

Myles Jack       - ULB      - UCLA          - current CBS ranking #5
Dan Voltz        - Center   - Wisconsin     - current CBS ranking #38
Cody Whitehair   - OC/OT    - Kansas State  - current CBS ranking #41
Derrick Henry    - HB       - Alabama       - current CBS ranking #49
James Conner     - HB       - Pittsburgh    - current CBS ranking #85
Leonte Carroo    - WR       - Rutgers       - current CBS ranking #86  ↑↑
Devon Cajuste    - WR / MTE - Stanford      - current CBS ranking #114
Eric Striker     - Rover SS - Oklahoma      - current CBS ranking #132
Jeremy Cash      - Rover SS - Duke          - current CBS ranking #136
Brandon Kublanow - OC/OG    - Georgia       - current CBS ranking #?   ↑↑
Evan Boehm       - Center   - Missouri      - current CBS ranking #163 ↑
James Burgess    - LB       - Louisville    - current CBS ranking #167 
Braxton Deaver   - TE       - Duke          - current CBS ranking #245
Josh Lambert     - K        - West Virginia - current CBS ranking #?   ↑

Hold:

Jalen Ramsey    - CB  - Florida State  - current CBS ranking #2
Kendall Fuller  - CB  - Virginia Tech  - current CBS ranking #14

Sell:

Robert Nkemdiche - DL - Ole Miss   - current CBS ranking #11  ↓
Cardale Jones    - QB - Ohio State - current CBS ranking #16  ↓↓
Shawn Oakman     - DL - Baylor     - current CBS ranking #22  ↓

Sectors to watch:

Secondary  //  Quarterback 

Notes:

I could very easily see Secondary as the leading positional group for our 1st round selection. Unless of course everything goes to hell and therefore, you know, Quarterback. 

With that in mind, coupled with an aging Secondary comprised of Vet starters, early looks at CBs like:

Jalen Ramsey and Kendall Fuller are prudent. 

Generally, good ACC CBs are holds. 

etc.

With QBs, Cody Kessler seems to be an early stage buy. 

Way too early...but i would like to keep adding players at other positions & draft QB somewhere in the middle rounds. If we're going to keep buying tickets to the lottery, i say make it so that we mitigate the value lost.

Bosa, Adoree Jackson, Su'a Cravens, Tunsil, A'shawn Robinson, Jalen Ramsey, Shawn Oakman...

These are just some of the names i'll be watching....with the exception of Cardale Jones. If we're bad enough to grab him, he's high on my list.

I'll just say this, since I've been a part of the Comprehensive here for awhile, we're all screwed. 

Because the only guy who was half-way decent with QBs eval was D.G.

Fact. 

I'm going to miss his one million one sentence paragraphs. Don't even know what happened with him here, and I almost never agreed with him, but this thread won't be the same.

Way too early...but i would like to keep adding players at other positions & draft QB somewhere in the middle rounds. If we're going to keep buying tickets to the lottery, i say make it so that we mitigate the value lost.

Bosa, Adoree Jackson, Su'a Cravens, Tunsil, A'shawn Robinson, Jalen Ramsey, Shawn Oakman...

These are just some of the names i'll be watching....with the exception of Cardale Jones. If we're bad enough to grab him, he's high on my list.

Adoree looks great, but he's just a sophomore!

Jared Goff is who I want. Stud on a horrible Cal team.  Gonna be all over the scene once he starts blowing it up this year. Here's a great article on him with some plays he made last season

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2469137-meet-jared-goff-the-2016-nfl-drafts-top-qb-heading-into-next-season

sorry bud but that spread offense junk well not feeling it. there is too much growing paints involved in switching over into the nfl. I mean I don't even recall anyone switching over and making it look simple. the only one I can think of is alex smith and he went through hell to be where he is. to the point where he was almost traded before jim harbaugh.

sign me up for the tackle from notre dame.

My way to early mock draft:

(Expect us to draft in the late to second half of the first round after a second half of the season where RGIII catches fire and shows that he belongs to be the QB.)

1.Tony Connor, S, Ole Miss – They use him all over the field, so I think he has high football IQ but beside that he is just a hitman. He just hits his opponents hard and has great nose for the football. His coverage skills are solid, but can be developed.

2. KenDell Beckwith,, ILB, LSU -  A good all-round ILB that fits the modern day of football. He has the speed to cover but enough strength to be a force against the run. I would take him over Ragland because he would be a better coverage LB. With Keenan en Beckwith you would have to very good all-round LB’s what gives Barry more options when calling plays.

3. Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor – This guy is just nasty. He has a lot of development to do, but if you give him time he can be great. He might be a little short for a NT(?) but I have the feeling that Barry is not going to run a lot of base 3-4.  

4.Evan Boehm, C, Missouri – Big powerful center. Not really flacy player that stands out but get’s the job done and improves our young o-line.

5. Dillion Gordon, TE, LSU  – I think we want to build a team that is physical and can run the ball. Gordon is just crazy. He has the potential to be an elite run-blocking TE and has good enough hands and speed to be a thread in the passing game.

sorry bud but that spread offense junk well not feeling it. there is too much growing paints involved in switching over into the nfl. I mean I don't even recall anyone switching over and making it look simple. the only one I can think of is alex smith and he went through hell to be where he is. to the point where he was almost traded before jim harbaugh.

sign me up for the tackle from notre dame.

To play what?

We have Trent, Moses and Sherff. I don't see us drafting a OT in the next two years. Trent has his spot locked up for the next years if we extend him. Sherff and Moses have the potential to be a really good RT. I would give them the time to develop. 

I don't say we shouldn't because I understand the logic behind it, only somethimes you need to give people time to develop. You can not just give up on players and get a new one. (like drafting back to back OLB's with second round pick when you have Kerrigan ;) )

Archived