Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jay Gruden: Robert Griffin III’s Progress Is Evident

Yeah, yeah, sure he has. The real proof is the first preseason game when the opposing defense pins their ears back and applies pressure. Each day of reporting has Griffin still holding on to the ball at times which would have resulted in a sack and drive killer.But the good thing is he is hitting quick slants and short passes. I reserve full judgement till they play another team.

Hail Manchild!

Not going to disagree with you, specially on the 'let's wait and see.'

Haven't heard as much negativity across the board with the coaching staff through the press as last year. And by all accounts he is getting rid of the ball much better than in the past. Dumping the rock pretty steadily in the 2.1 second area. Maybe checking down a little too soon but any completion beats a sack. 

He did go 8-8 for 80 yards on a 2 minute drill and his longest pass was to Grant (14 yds & TD) and did spread the ball around. Granted it's practice so the 'wait and see' tag still applies but an encouraging sign.

Like, wait and see what happens with JJ Watt paying a visit. Probably qualifies as a 'friendly' joint practice but he isn't going to give up a free ride either. On a side bar - be interested to see how well the Skins defense does against a QB group that scares nobody. 

Hail Johns-

There are way more encouraging news about Griffin than negative ones but I believe it was the same way last year too. I imagine JJ and Scherff are going to do some 1 on 1 drills, love Scherff and he was what I wanted at #5 but JJ is gonna kick his ass. He pretty much demolishes veterans so it's expected, hell, Kerrigan is kicking his ass too. Planning a Friday morning in Richmond with my brother to watch practice with the Texans. Should be interesting.

btw- super excited about how McCloughan has put together a much improved defense.

Archived