Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP (Sports Bog): NFL Films, Putting Positive Spin on Dreadful Redskins Seasons Since 1992

hail2skins

When I was younger I would get so excited over the yearbook films. It always felt like we were ready to turn the corner under Norv and they got me ready for the next season. My brothers and I would always watch it and go outside for hours afterwards playing ball and imagining the upcoming season

So I can see that they have their purpose, even if my cynicism has made them wholly irrelevant at this point in my life

As a kid, I remember getting so excited for the one after the first Spurrier year lol

Bruhhhhh NFL Films have been selling me false hope my whole life

I love how the start of a new Redskins season brings out the articles telling us all how absolute **** the Skins are and will continue to be, don't you...

Embrace it bro.

Give in

Of course. But tell us something we don't know so you can stop spreading your negativity in every thread.

Frankly, I'd prefer it if history didn't justify it. 

Still, I commend Sacks for being really self-aware (too few here seem to be, or seem to care) and willing to adjust simply because another respected member (and not even a moderator) called him out on it. I didn't even think he'd been that bad, all things considered.  :D

Hey, who knows Sacks---maybe we really will look like we're going somewhere this year!  :ph34r:

You always know how crappy our team is by how long it takes before the yearbook starts talking about "up and coming players" and starts just reading off a list of names expected to make us better next year.

the Redskins tend to get there in about twelve minutes.

~Bang

I'm still excited for the season. Even with low expectations, I'm ready for it to get started. Why? I don't know. I just feel like with McCloughan here, things will get better sooner rather than later.

It's redskins football baby.   No matter what, i get excited every Sunday

~Bang

I'm being very negative these last few days, I know. I'll try to stop pissing and moaning so much. It's just... It's getting harder and harder.

It can't have gotten any harder since the end of the season.  You can look at it as we're closer to being able to right the ship, or closer to burying ourselves deeper but the season's about to start, and that's better than not.

I'm still excited for the season. Even with low expectations, I'm ready for it to get started. Why? I don't know. I just feel like with McCloughan here, things will get better sooner rather than later.

That's the thing. I'm excited too. It's just in my nature come August.

I honestly expect this year to suck and we'll probably have a new coach and QB next year but I'm still a fan.

Just a very jaded one lol

Of course. But tell us something we don't know so you can stop spreading your negativity in every thread.

You've just gotta learn to start laughing at it. I used to be like that, couldn't stand negative thinking and would get so annoyed by it. Like, what's the point of being a fan if you just hate everything, lol?

But, honestly, the Skins as an organization at this point totally deserve it. There's going to be a level of distrust that's legitimate, though it shouldn't be constantly shoved in our faces.

And once you really accept it, some posters (like Sacks) become some of the funniest posters on the board. Just look at Zoony recently in the Twitter thread, lol. Too funny.

One thing I'll never do, however, is look down on or condescend someone who chooses to hold on to hope and be optimistic. There's arguably more a place for that, being a fan, than anything else. Facing reality doesn't have to be a part of the job (though it's healthy) and it's a huge part of the fun of being a fan when you can just imagine nothing but good things happening.

The other day someone at work was upset because he read something in the local media that was predicting the Skins to be around 6-10 this year and was complaining that the media should be talking the team up and putting the team as a playoff contender. I just shook my head.

Fans certainly should have hope, and McCloughan's recent track record and offseason acquisitions should be recognized. But even with that, I'm not expecting the press to become a bunch of Larry Michaels and blow sunshine up our butts. Intangibles, baby!

I'm not drinking the Koolaid. I've been burned myself. I guess I'm just trying to looking on the positive side even if it's only 51-49%.

I know we've sucked. I know we'll probably suck again. But what's the point of being a fan of you have no hope?

Because at some point, its habit.. The Redskins are barely a football team to me, anyway. It's something I inherited from my father like my eye color and my loud sneeze.

It's like the Red Sox pre-2004. You know they're going to let you down and piss you of, but you stick around because. Just...because.

Archived