Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2015 Fantasy Football Thread

MattFancy

It's that time of the year again!!! Post all your fantasy questions, advice, etc in here to discuss all season long.

As usual, I'll add some links here for everyone to check out.

Fantasy Football Calculator - Great for mock drafts

Fantasy Pros - Combines rankings from just about all the relevant fantasy sites

Rotoworld - Get the latest injury news and player updates

Footballguys - Paid site, but I've been using it for the last few years and it's worth every penny

Pyromaniac - Another good site and they have a really good podcast

And now for some Podcasts that I find useful:

Fantasy 06010 - If you're an ESPN person, you know all about this one

Fantasy Footballers - Great info and take plenty of listener questions

Pyromaniacs - Based on the site listed above

The Audible - This is from the Footballguys guys

Let's get to it!!

L. Bell :wub:

can't wait for fantasy!  As much as I love it though, five leagues was too much last year.  Damn near every week I had multiple players going for me and against me.  Way too much stress lol. 

Real fantasy gangstas don't need notes or have plans.  just walk into the draft party and pick off the top of your head. 

Fix the title. This title was used all through last years season. So you need to be just as wrong and call it the Official 2016 Fantasy Football Thread.

Was it really? What's even stranger then is that I originally wrote 2016 on this one lol

Edit: Yup, sure did call last year's 2015 haha. Oh well, this one is THE Official one for 2015 then.

• 4 weeks later...

Well 1st redraft league executed last night. I had the 1st pick originally but traded positions with pick 9.  This is a PPR Superflex where you can start 1-2 QBs, 1-2 RBs, 3-4 WRs, 1-2 TEs, D and K.

Pick #9 odd, #4 even

1) Charles - RB

2) Rom0 - QB

3) AJ Green - WR

4) Hopkins - WR

5) Cobb - WR

6) Cutler - QB

7) Griffin - QB

8) Spiller - RB

9) S Smith - WR

10) Ivory - RB

11) Decker -WR

12) Cameron - TE

13) Reed - TE

14) Stills - WR

15) Knile Davis - RB

16) Latimer - WR

17) Pats - D

18) Dunbar - RB

Will wave one of the above and pick up a kicker prior to week 1 game.

I had a crappy Yahoo live draft a few weeks back. That will teach me to do a 7AM Saturday draft.

Positions are with standard scoring:

1QB

2RB

3WR

1 TE

6 Bench

1 K

1 D

I was pick 6 in a 10 team league.

My picks were:

6.     Andrew Luck

15.   Demarco Murray

26.   Alfred Morris

35.   Jimmy Graham

46.   Desean Jackson

55.   Julian Edelman

66.   Seattle

75.   Tom Brady

86.   Jonathan Stewart

95.   Torrey Smith

106. Victor Cruz

115. Charles Sims

126. Dan Bailey

135. Reggie Bush

146. Bishop Sankey

I have subsequently dropped Charles Sims and picked up WR Terrance WIlliams. I know the draft sucked, and I mistakenly took Seattle too early..and my WR's blow..is there any way to salvage this?

I had a crappy Yahoo live draft a few weeks back. That will teach me to do a 7AM Saturday draft.

Positions are with standard scoring:

1QB

2RB

3WR

1 TE

6 Bench

1 K

1 D

I was pick 6 in a 10 team league.

My picks were:

6.     Andrew Luck

15.   Demarco Murray

26.   Alfred Morris

35.   Jimmy Graham

46.   Desean Jackson

55.   Julian Edelman

66.   Seattle

75.   Tom Brady

86.   Jonathan Stewart

95.   Torrey Smith

106. Victor Cruz

115. Charles Sims

126. Dan Bailey

135. Reggie Bush

146. Bishop Sankey

I have subsequently dropped Charles Sims and picked up WR Terrance WIlliams. I know the draft sucked, and I mistakenly took Seattle too early..and my WR's blow..is there any way to salvage this?

It is really not a horrible team, actually average unless your in a 10 team league (Tell me you don't play in those anymore - that would be like having AOL dial up service as your provider - ie 10 teams is a 1990s format)

Well 1st redraft league executed last night. I had the 1st pick originally but traded positions with pick 9.  This is a PPR Superflex where you can start 1-2 QBs, 1-2 RBs, 3-4 WRs, 1-2 TEs, D and K.

Pick #9 odd, #4 even

1) Charles - RB

2) Rom0 - QB

3) AJ Green - WR

4) Hopkins - WR

5) Cobb - WR

6) Cutler - QB

7) Griffin - QB

8) Spiller - RB

9) S Smith - WR

10) Ivory - RB

11) Decker -WR

12) Cameron - TE

13) Reed - TE

14) Stills - WR

15) Knile Davis - RB

16) Latimer - WR

17) Pats - D

18) Dunbar - RB

Will wave one of the above and pick up a kicker prior to week 1 game.

Man... talk about a side effect of my football viewership waning these last few years. I have no idea who half these guys are

Edit, nevermind, some of the names came back after I marinated on it for a few seconds

Suddenly interested in Tate, Bradshaw, and Rice.

Swing and a miss. Saw they were signing Pierre Thomas, and then they didn't. Maybe they'll just roll with who they have.

About Alfred Blue, Chris Polk, and Jonathan Grimes:

http://rotoviz.com/2015/08/alfred-blue-fantasy-who-the-case-for-jonathan-grimes-chris-polk/?hvid=4S05xp&utm_content=buffer04c28&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Been diving into the research over the last week ... I'm feeling a strategy of loading up on 2nd year and rookie RBs and WRs and getting a top flight RB/WR to anchor the squad.

High on Latavius Murray, Gurley, Yeldon, Johnson, Gordon, amari Cooper, Landry, Allen Robinson, Watkins, Agholor ... From a value perspective ... Will finish higher than their pre-Seaskn draft slotting ... So if you can pick some of those guys and pair them with some can't miss top flight WRS and RBs you'll be set.

Predict Gurley to have slow start but finish Top 15 ... Latavius a sleeper to be a Top 10 ...

I'm in a keeper league and the only player I'd considering keeping from my team last year is Andrew Luck. For every year you keep a player, their value moves up 2 rounds. So, last year, he was my 5th round pick (got him in the 7th his rookie year)...He would be a 3rd round pick for me this year.

I haven't looked at mock drafts yet - would this be a good value?

Pretty good value for Luck. He's in the 1st-2nd range.

I'm rolling with LeVeon Bell for $31 and Jordy Nelson for $38 as my two keepers from my stacked fantasy team that won it all last year.

Will Attempt to have a RB core of Bell, L. Murray, Gurley, Gordon and Spiller and a WR core of Nelson, J. Landry, A. Robinson, A. Cooper and either Demaryius Thomas or go big on Rodgers to pair with Jordy and grab another high upside guy like Agholor or Wallace.

I'm convinced the Top 10 RBs will turnover and think we will see an injection of young studs at RB and want to bet on that, especially as a keeper league.

Also, lookout for Doug Martin as a RB5 option. Could break back out this year, along with Spiller.

I'm in a keeper league and the only player I'd considering keeping from my team last year is Andrew Luck. For every year you keep a player, their value moves up 2 rounds. So, last year, he was my 5th round pick (got him in the 7th his rookie year)...He would be a 3rd round pick for me this year.

I haven't looked at mock drafts yet - would this be a good value?

Yes. Luck will almost certainly go on in the first two rounds.

strong squad, jay.  I didn't like Jordan...but then I saw you've got Niles as well.

Pretty happy with a draft last night:

Peyton Manning

Calvin Johnson

Emmanuel Sanders

Adrian Peterson

Lesean McCoy

Jason Witten

Mason Crosby

Carolina/Indy (plug them in for all nfc south games)

Has anyone played in an all-play league before? What site did you use? My league members from last year have been asking for it and I can't seem to find a site that has the option (a free site, that is; we're all broke-ass grad students).

I have such a good league name for it, too: So say we all play.

Hey guys just wondering if any of you were interested in joining my Fantasy Football keeper league. This is the 4th year I have been running this league and we use CBS It is a 10 team league, total points not head to head. It is PPR and has a full 11 man def. We have an auction draft for starters and reserve draft for backups. If you are a die hard fantasy football guy I think you will love this league. We are looking for 3 players. I can send you all the info if you are interested.  This league really separates the men from the boys!! You can keep players 3 years once you draft them, there is a salary cap and you can trade players and draft picks. But i think the best part is drafting 11 individual def starters instead of a team def. Everyone that has joined says this is one of their favorite parts about the league. Top 3 teams win money. $100 to join and $15 for the CBS website. You can take over one of the teams that left or start from scratch with all your money. I will post the league setting and info. We are looking to have the draft either sunday the 23 or the 30th. If you are interested I can send you an invite and let you look at the open teams.   Greg

League Identity

Description Setting League Name Best Dang Fantasy Football League period League Password redskins2012 League URL http://comcastpbs.football.cbssports.com League E-mail Address comcastpbs@football.cbssports.com Teams 12
Roster Limits

Status Min Max   Starters 21 21   Bench 16 16   Injured Players 0 2   Practice Players 0 0   Total Players 37 39   Position Active Min Active Max Roster Total QB 2 2 4 RB 2 2   WR 3 3   TE 1 1   RB-WR-TE 1 1   K 1 1   DL 3 3   LB 3 3   DB 4 4   DL-LB-DB 1 1   Extra Roster Settings Injured players do not count against positional roster limits.
Transaction Settings

Description Setting Lineup Policy Owners may set lineups and change players' positions from a list of their eligible positions. Lineup Deadline Lineup deadline is 5 minutes before gametime for each player. Add/Drop Policy Add/drops are handled by a automated blind bidding auction process (FAAB). Add/Drop Deadline Transactions will lock five minutes before the first game on Sunday (excluding London games). Players whose teams already played will be locked for the remainder of the scoring period. FAAB Runs The faab process runs on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. FAAB Order Reset The tie break order resets after each weeks' games. FAAB Period Dropped players will not be auctioned for at least 1 day(s). FAAB Budget Each team will have a starting budget of $100. Zero Bids Zero bids are not allowed. Trade Policy Trades are subject to a 1-day voting period, where at most 5 objections are allowed. Trades receiving more than 5 objections are sent to the commissioner for approval. Trade Deadline No trades can be made after the trade deadline of 11:59 pm et 11/23/15. Offseason Trades Owners may not make trades during the offseason.
Player Policies and Keepers

Description Setting Player Pool AFC and NFC Players. Keeper Policy Commissioner is responsible for setting all teams' Keepers
Fees Settings

Description Setting
Commish Message

Commissioner has not posted a message
Draft Settings

Description Setting Draft Format Live Auction Draft Draft Order Type Snake Draft Date/Time Your draft has not been scheduled yet. You can schedule a date/time from Draft Management in the Commish Tools. Salary cap 260 per team. Nomination time limit 40 seconds, limit of 30 seconds between bids.
Scoring System

Offensive Name Settings FG Field Goals 3 points
Plus 1 point for a FG of 40 to 49 Yds
Plus 2 points for a FG of 50 to 59 Yds
Plus 3 points for a FG of 60 to 69 Yds FL Fumble Lost, Including ST plays -2 points IFRTD Individual Fumble Recovery TD 6 points IKRTD Individual Kick Return TD 6 points IKRYd Individual Kick Return Yards 0+ IKRYds = .1 points for every 2.5 IKRYds
Plus a 0 point bonus @ 0+ IKRYd IPRTD Individual Punt Return TD 6 points IPRYd Individual Punt Return Yards 0+ IPRYds = .1 points for every 1 IPRYd MFG Missed Field Goal Plus -3 points for a MFG of 0 to 19 Yds
Plus -2 points for a MFG of 20 to 29 Yds
Plus -1 point for a MFG of 30 to 39 Yds OFRTD Offensive Fumble Recovery TD 6 points Pa2P Passing Two-point Conversion 2 points PaInt Passing Interception -2 points PaTD Passing TD 4 points PaYd Passing Yards 0+ PaYds = .1 points for every 2.0 PaYds
Plus a 1 point bonus @ 350+ PaYd
Plus a 2 point bonus @ 400+ PaYd
Plus a 3 point bonus @ 450+ PaYd Re2P Receiving Two-point Conversion 2 points ReTD Receiving TD 6 points ReYd Receiving Yards 0+ ReYds = .1 points for every 1 ReYd
Plus a 1 point bonus @ 100+ ReYd
Plus a 2 point bonus @ 125+ ReYd
Plus a 3 point bonus @ 150+ ReYd Recpt Reception 0+ Recpts = 1 point for every 1 Recpt Ru2P Rushing Two-point Conversion 2 points RuTD Rushing TD 6 points RuYd Rushing Yards 0+ RuYds = .1 points for every 1 RuYd
Plus a 1 point bonus @ 100+ RuYd
Plus a 2 point bonus @ 125+ RuYd
Plus a 3 point bonus @ 150+ RuYd XP Extra Points 1 point Defensive Name Settings ATK Assisted Tackles (ID only) 1 point BFB Blocked Field Goals (ID/ST/DST) 6 points BFTD Blocked Field Goal Touchdown (ID/ST/DST) 6 points BP Blocked Punts (ID/ST/DST) 6 points BPTD Blocked Punt Touchdown (ID/ST/DST) 6 points BXP Blocked Extra Points (ID/ST/DST) 6 points DFR Defensive/ST Fumble Recovered (ID/DT/DST) 4 points DFRTD Defensive Fumble Recovery TD (ID/DT/DST) 6 points FF Forced Fumble 4 points Int Interceptions 8 points IntTD Interception TD 6 points KRTD Kick Return TD (ID/ST/DST) 6 points KRYd Kick Return Yards (ID/ST/DST) 0+ KRYds = 1 point for every 25 KRYds PDef Pass Defensed (ID only) 2 points PRTD Punt Return TD (ID/ST/DST) 6 points PRYd Punt Return Yards (ID/ST/DST) 0+ PRYds = 1 point for every 10 PRYds SACK Sack 6 points
Plus a 1 point bonus @ 2+ SACK
Plus a 2 point bonus @ 3+ SACK
Plus a 3 point bonus @ 4+ SACK SFRTD Special Team Fumble Recovery for TD 6 points STTD Special Teams TD 6 points STY Safety 10 points TK Tackle (ID/DT/DST) 2 points
Plus a 1 point bonus @ 10+ TK
Plus a 2 point bonus @ 12+ TK
Plus a 3 point bonus @ 15+ TK
Scoring Periods

Description Setting Season Ends Week 17 Archive Standings No

Constitution Best Dang Fantasy Football League Constitution

I. Teams
a. There shall be between 9 to 12 Teams composed of NFl players as of draft day.

b. New teams to the league will not inherit a roster unless the league majority votes that this is okay.

II. Active Roster
a. A team's active roster shall consist of the following players: If the league has 10 or less teams we will start 2QB for each team, with each team having the backup of the QB they draft in case of injury. If the league has more than 10 teams, each team will start 1QB. The rest of the lineup will consist of 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1flex(RB,WR, TE), 3DL, 3LB, 4DB, and 1Flex (DL, LB, DB)

III. Auction Draft
a. A player Auction draft shall be held on a date, time and at a location to be determined by the by the commissioner.

b. Each team must by the end of the auction draft have a total of 20players or 21 if we use 2QB (including potential carryovers) by requisite position at a total cost not to exceed $260 Fantasy dollars.

c. Players shall be placed up for bidding by owners in a rotation based on the reverse of the previous years standings.

d. Each team may only nominate any eligible player at any position for which a spot on that teams roster in open.

e. Any nomination must be accompanied by a bid of at least $1, and the bidding shall proceed in increments of $1, at a minimum, until only one bidder remains. That owner shall acquire that player for that amount. The process shall be repeated, with successive owners introducing players to be bid on until ever team has a roster of 20 or 21 players by requisite position.

f. Players eligible at more than one position may be shifted during the course of the Auction draft.

g. No team may make a bid for a player that it cannot afford.

IV. Reserve draft

a. Immediately following the Auction draft, a reserve draft shall be conducted.

b. Reserve drat order shall be determined on the reverse basis of the previous season's standings with the team that finished last drafting 1st, the team finishing 2nd to last drafting 2nd, and continuing in that order until the first place team selects. The process shall continue in a standard snake format with the last team to select in the 1st round having the 1st pick in the 2nd round and then continuing in reverse order.
>Reserve draft players shall be assigned a salary of $0 for the base salary contract year. Long term contracts of reserves shall be subject to standard increases described in "Long term contracts and Holdovers section below.
>Owners of any expansion teams are entitled to the first pick of the first round. If more than one expansion team participates, draft order amongst the expansion teams shall be determined by a coin toss. Owners that take over a team assume all picks associated with that team and are not subject to this clause.
>The draft shall continue until each team has had the opportunity to fill the 41 or 42 man roster,.
>The trading of reserve draft picks is allowed except during the start of the trading freeze period though the end of the regular season.

c. From the pool of 20 or 21 auction players, including long term contract players, and 21 reserve draft players, each team must make up its 20 or 21 man active roster by requisite position. The remainder becomes the franchise reserve roster.

V. Long term contracts and Holdovers
a. Following the season teams shall be allowed to retain players by signing them to long term contracts. This shall be done by guaranteeing payment in each of the contract years of that player's salary from the immediately preceding year, plus $3 for each year of the contract for players whose initial contract is less than or equal to $6, payable in every year of the contract. For players whose initial contract exceeds $6, an increase of $6 will be added, payable in every year of the contract. For example, a player whose salary is $6 during the long term contract signing period is eligible for up to a 3 years contract extension, at 9, 15, 21 each year. For a player with a $0 dollar salary, the increases would be 3, 6, and $9.

b. There shall be a limit of 3 years per long term contract.

c. No player may be signed to consecutive long term contracts. he must first become a free agent and be placed in the auction draft pool or be franchised on an expiring contract. (referenced in section h )

d. A trade of any player shall not affect that player's contract status. Teams acquiring players under long term contract acquire the rights and responsibilities of those contracts.

e. Player contracts may ONLY be cut 1 during the the season and 2 during the off season as voted on by the league members.

f. No team may retain more salaried players under long term contract than there are positions available on its roster.

g. The names of players to be retained as long term contract players must be recorded with the commissioner by a league designated cut date. All teams budgets must be again under the $260 salary cap. The commissioner shall then make available these lists to all teams. Failure to inform the commissioner of a teams long term contract list by the deadline shall result in the teams loss of rights to any players not so listed.

h. Franchise players. Any player coming to the end of a long term contract may be resigned to a one year contract extension for a $10 raise. Any player given the $10 raise must be returned to the auction pool the following year, so that they may not be extended again for another $10 raise even if they change teams.

VI. Fees

a. The leagues standard entry free shall be $100 per team

b. Statistical service fee (currently CBS Sports) is $159 and shall be divided among all the teams.

VII. Player Salaries

a. The year 1 salary of a player shall be determined and paid on the auction draft day and shall not change during the course of the season. This figure shall constitute the base salary for subsequently signing a player to a long term contract.

VIII. Prize Money
The payouts for a 10 team league will be 1st- $600, 2nd-$300, 3rd- $100. The payouts for a 12 team league will be 1st- 600 2nd- $300, 3rd- 200, and 4th $100.

IX. Trades
a. Trades shall be acceptable all year except the trade deadline until the regular season is over.

b. When two teams want to trade an uneven deal (EX. 2 players from team a for 1 from team B) and the team receiving more players is capped by the 41player cap then the team receiving more players can cut any player that is at a $0 salary.

c. Money or any compensation other than players or draft choices shall not change hands in a trade.

d. No team trading a player may stipulate that it shall receive that player back at a later time.

e. All consideration in trades must be announced and must be approved by league vote.

f. Reserve draft picks are available to be traded for players or in a combination of players and picks.

g. Teams may only trade 3drafts ahead

X. Roster moves

a. Owner will be responsible for changing their teams line ups each week.

b. Should an owner be unable to make changes for his/herself, said owner my allow the league commissioner to make line up changes in their place.

XI. Waiver wire

a. Each team will have a $100 waiver wire budget to spend for the year. You may pick up as many player as you want with your $100 budget but you must drop 1 player for every player you add, to stay under the roster limit of 41 or 42 players. You may not cut a player who is under contract.

b. The waiver wire each week will be a blind bid on players that you want to add to your team. The bids will be on Tuesday and Wed. and the highest bidder will acquire that player. The player will count $0 for the rest of the year, he will not cost what you bid on him toward the salary cap.

c. Waiver wire pick ups will start at $3 the next season if you decided to keep them under contract.

XII. League Governance
a. The league ownership shall be the final word on all league matters. In the absence of a vote to the contrary, this constitution shall serve as the Will of the league, and shall so serve every year until amended or repealed.

b. A simple majority of league owners shall be sufficient to change any provision of this constitution.

c. The commissioner shall be responsible for enforcement of league rules and proper day to day functioning of the league. The commissioner shall be charged with and will have final say on:
-The adoption of rules and procedures as it feels necessary, provided they do not contradict the constitution.
-Interpretation of the constitution.

d. Should any owner disagree with the commissioner decision, he may appeal to the league for a vote. A 2/3 vote of the league shall be necessary to overturn any decision made by the commissioner.

Hi Guys,

I'm somewhat new to Fantasy Football, wondered if I could get some advice on my probable best starting line up? Obviously it differs week to week, but I'm struggling with Receivers/Flex option. It's a 12 man, ESPN league so the format is as follows:

QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

Flex

TE

K

Def

My team is as follows:

QBs: Romo/Stafford

RBs: Lacy/Morris/CJ Spiller/Gurney