Kilmer17

US Soccer thread.

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, gbear said:

Will all three countries automatically qualify?

They've been talking about getting rid of the auto bid for years now and it may finally happen since the field is expanding from 32 to 48 teams in 2026.

 

I'm shocked we landed the world cup, no so much due to politics but I think the old more crooked FIFA (before the FBI arrests) would have sold the 2026 cup to Morrocco, just like they did to Qatar.

 

Maybe things are getting better, we'll see.

 

 

Edited by JSSkinz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Lol, FIFA is still crooked.

 

The US just played the game better this time.

I think the three nation bid certainly helped, and the fact that all of our infrastructure is in place didn't hurt.

I also think the fact that we got robbed of the 2022 WC swung things in our favor.

Yes, FIFA is still corrupt, but at least the right call was made this time.

Oh, and they showed how the nations voted...oddly enough North Korea voted against us. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Great news but it should been 2022 for the obvious ethical reasons. If all goes right in Pulisic's career this is his world cup. If they're smart they'll have the U.S's group playing on the east coast with the opener being in the NY/NJ area 

 

Edited by Berggy9598

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I think the three nation bid certainly helped, and the fact that all of our infrastructure is in place didn't hurt.

I also think the fact that we got robbed of the 2022 WC swung things in our favor.

Yes, FIFA is still corrupt, but at least the right call was made this time.

Oh, and they showed how the nations voted...oddly enough North Korea voted against us. LOL

I’m not sure you understood my post.

 

US Soccer is also pretty damn corrupt and I’m sure they got dirty to get this World Cup. That’s the game you play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looked to confirm that host nation automatically qualifies for World Cup, who's dumbass idea was it to share hosting with three countries at the same time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Just looked to confirm that host nation automatically qualifies for World Cup, who's dumbass idea was it to share hosting with three countries at the same time?

The field is also being expanded by 8 teams beginning with 2026 some speculate that the host team automatic bid may well finally end.

8 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I’m not sure you understood my post.

 

US Soccer is also pretty damn corrupt and I’m sure they got dirty to get this World Cup. That’s the game you play.

I’m not sure why so many want to wallow in the mud of negativity with this news, butbfeel free to knock yourself out. I’m choosing to enjoy the fact that the World Cup is coming back to US soil, and that the vote was 2/3rds for the US. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

I’m not sure why so many want to wallow in the mud of negativity with this news, butbfeel free to knock yourself out. I’m choosing to enjoy the fact that the World Cup is coming back to US soil, and that the vote was 2/3rds for the US. 

Hang on, I replied to a post saying FIFA isn't as corrupt as it used to be, and I am saying that is nonsense.

 

I am not downing the US/Mexico/Canada winning at all. My point is only that everyone involved is corrupt. That's not being negative or dismissive. Its reality.

 

You also responded to me first about this, and not vice versa.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just wanted to pop in and say that Landon Donovan can **** right off. And that goes also for guys like Omar who have played recently and are rooting for them. I dont want to see anyone wearing a US shirt who is actively rooting for our greatest rival.

 

Edit-

Im just still so disgusted with all of this, I gotta rant for a bit. This weak mentality is a part of why we have sucked and failed to qualify for this World Cup. Heck, Omar scored an own goal that was key to us not making it and then he proceeds to root for our rival. I dont want to see any of these players wearing a US shirt again outside of of course Pulsic, Yedlin, etc. If I see Jozy or Bradley wearing the US jersey Im going to go off. One of the images burned into my mind is Bradley jogging around with no urgency while we were about to crash out of WCQ. Donovan has trashed his legacy/good feeling from the very fanbase which has given him his fame. Dont want him near the US national team for any reason either.

 

I can go on and on but I should probably stop here. Get this poisonous mentality away from the national team.

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Omar SHOULD be rooting for other teams.  He scores more often for them than he does for the US.

 

And I agree.  DOnovan can **** straight off.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Omar SHOULD be rooting for other teams.  He scores more often for them than he does for the US.

 

And I agree.  DOnovan can **** straight off.

I cant decide whether to like your post, laugh, or cry. I chose cry. Such a huge range of emotions. I did enjoy Pulisic liking Boca's comment on Donovans tweet, the boy gets it more than the guy who USED to be the face of US soccer.

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just going to add to the general chorus of **** Off Donovan. Also, Klinsmann was wrong about many things but he was dead right about kicking this cancer off the team.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Just going to add to the general chorus of **** Off Donovan. Also, Klinsmann was wrong about many things but he was dead right about kicking this cancer off the team.

Best thing Klinsman did was shoving Donovan’s ass in the announcer booth. Landon is stupid and arrogant which is a terrible combination. 

He’s added “corporate slut” to his resume now. 

Zero respect for the man now, he was important when we needed him, but the game is bigger than he is, and the US game has moved beyond him.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's probably mad that he used to be The star in American soccer and the new star makes him look like jag. Donovan actually was jag in world football terms. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

He's probably mad that he used to be The star in American soccer and the new star makes him look like jag. Donovan actually was jag in world football terms. 

Exactly!   He could dominate ****ty island teams until they all got better playing in mls.  But failed miserably against European talent. 

 

He paved the the way for other losers like Dempsey Bradley etc to leave Europe for the easy money in the US. 

 

**** him

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My hate for Landon Donovan grows every day. In addition, he's also insinuated that a lot of the people who were upset by what he said are racists and hate Mexicans.

Screenshot_20180621-221308.png

Screenshot_20180621-221314.png

Screenshot_20180621-221328.png

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

My hate for Landon Donovan grows every day. In addition, he's also insinuated that a lot of the people who were upset by what he said are racists and hate Mexicans.

Screenshot_20180621-221308.png

Screenshot_20180621-221314.png

Screenshot_20180621-221328.png

Omg!   This is effing BRILLIANT!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, thebluefood said:

Read this yesterday - fascinating read. Really hope U.S. Soccer can get its **** together.

I read this article a week or two ago, and while I’m not familiar with the authors, they seem to have an anti-Klinsmann bent. Now, Klinsmann has plenty to be critical of, especially as an in game tactician, IMO, but I also think he has done US Soccer a huge service by changing the thinking and culture of player development in the US.

 

This promising young group of players that should make up the core of US teams for the next two World Cups are mostly plying their trade, and gaining top level development in European leagues. If the US ever wants to be a world soccer power, they must develop their players in the world’s top academies. US academies are growing, and getting better, but cannot hold a candle to the academies in Germany, Spain, France, England, Italy, and Netherlands. I also believe the US needs to do away with restricting American kids from signing overseas contracts before their 18th birthday. 

 

We’ve seen what MLS development does for the USMNT, and it ain’t pretty. I lay that blame squarely at the feet of Gulati, and his cronies. Good on Klinsmann for at least changing that culture. There’s still a ways to go though, and I’m not sure Cordeiro and Stewart are the right guys. Feels like more of the same old MLS **** to me.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

US Mexico tonight. 

 

Lineup

 

Steffen

Lichaj miazga carter-Vickers moore

trapp

acosta Adams McKinney Weah

zardes. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh look, all those Mexican soccer fans in the stadium.  They all traveled from Mexico to Nashville just to support their beloved national team.  

 

Edited by abdcskins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blame us soccer. 

 

Complete failure last cycle. Still no coach. It will take time for fans to come back.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ I hear you.  I was making more of a cultural/sociological comment.  Are all those Mexicans fans Mexican or American citizens?  And if they are American, why are they cheering for Mexico?

 

In the end it doesn't matter and they can cheer for whoever they want.  Perhaps it is partly indicative of US soccer's failure to succeed.

 

On another note, I'd like to see more national soccer tournaments other than the World Cup.  That is the only time I actually care about US Soccer (as well as all the qualifiers).  I really like watching soccer, I just wish there were more opportunities to watch it and be invested in it.  I don't care about MLS or any other league in the world.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

On another note, I'd like to see more national soccer tournaments other than the World Cup.  That is the only time I actually care about US Soccer (as well as all the qualifiers).  I really like watching soccer, I just wish there were more opportunities to watch it and be invested in it.  I don't care about MLS or any other league in the world.  

 

I agree and hopefully, we win the Gold Cup so we are in the next Confed Cup.

 

I would like to see us merge the Copa with the Gold Cup, the Copa Centenario was a lot of fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.