Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rotoworld: Eagles' Sam Bradford not remotely close to full health

Boss_Hogg

I'd laugh if Tebow started, won the hearts of the fans and the coaches, took the Eagles to the paloffs and the SB, then subsequently got fired...AGAIN.  :D

He wouldn't get fired. He'd get traded for a 7th round pick or for Barry Sanders or a can of tuna, pretty much anything that would downgrade the QB position again. 

I'm not 100% sure that Kelly meant to put them in this position, but man he really ****** up here, IMO. I really think he is the second coming of Steve Spurrier, but unlike Spurrier, he didn't have complete control his first season. Spurrier did and tore the team apart in one offseason.

Maybe I'm completely wrong, but we'll see. This all looks rather crazy.

if tebow took philly to the superbowl, why would he get fired? wouldnt make any sense at all.

It's happened several times before. Trent Dilfer is the first one that comes to mind. The team wins the SB and believes the QB position is it's biggest weakness so they draft someone else. It's just about where you think you're most vulnerable.

Of course, Dilfer didn't just lose his job, he was cut right afterwards. If Tebow won a SB, I'd bet Chip would at least trade him for a draft pick or a couple players that can't stay healthy.

I'd laugh if Tebow started, won the hearts of the fans and the coaches, took the Eagles to the paloffs and the SB, then subsequently got fired...AGAIN.  :D

There's nothing even remotely funny about PHI seeing the SB.

My ultimate nightmare SB for fans and organizations alike is Philadelphia Vs. Baltimore.

May go into hibernation if that happens

There's nothing even remotely funny about PHI seeing the SB....

Uh, I don't know, I enjoyed their previous SB trip. Of course, I don't want to see them win one, but how can you NOT like moments like his vomiting on the sideline or all the blaming that went on in Philly after the game?

It's happened several times before. Trent Dilfer is the first one that comes to mind. The team wins the SB and believes the QB position is it's biggest weakness so they draft someone else. It's just about where you think you're most vulnerable.

Of course, Dilfer didn't just lose his job, he was cut right afterwards. If Tebow won a SB, I'd bet Chip would at least trade him for a draft pick or a couple players that can't stay healthy.

Dilfer wasn't cut or replaced by a draft pic.  He was a free agent, not re-signed, and replaced by another free agent.

Uh, I don't know, I enjoyed their previous SB trip. Of course, I don't want to see them win one, but how can you NOT like moments like his vomiting on the sideline or all the blaming that went on in Philly after the game?

Because I would be a nervous wreck each week they advance and the two weeks until the Super Bowl, fearing I will no longer be able to use my 'empty trophy case' (Super Bowls that is) retort to those obnoxious ruffians

Dilfer wasn't cut or replaced by a draft pic.  He was a free agent, not re-signed, and replaced by another free agent.

Thanks for the correction, either way, he was replaced as the Ravens' starter as they didn't attempt to resign him. It would be the same situation as Tebow, if all this actually happened, since he signed a 1 year deal and would also be "let go" not cut.

And, the point was, since I was answering the post of the guy that asked why they would cut him if he won them a SB, that it's happened previously so it just depends on if they see the QB position as an area they can upgrade.

Archived