Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tips and Tricks and Life Lessons to share

daveakl

I'm sure this will go oh so perfect.

1) To cure a brain freeze rub the top of your mouth with your tongue. This will come in handy for my next tip.

2) To help with a migraine give yourself a brain freeze. It opens the blood vessels in your brain.

Cheap bottle of red wine?  Pour it into a blender and spin it for about 30 seconds.  Then into a decanter for 1 minute and pour.  You wont believe the difference.  Seriously cheap bottles of red.  Think 2 buck chuck etc.

I'm going to have to try Kilmer's suggestion.

If you glue a paper clamp to the back of your desk (or clip it to the lip if you can), you can thread your charger wires up through them and they'll always be ready and will not fall down behind the desk.

I saw this one a few years ago, and i love it.

binderclips-kabels-660x439.jpg

~Bang

if you don't have trouble shopping and managing money, and you're not paranoid about data collection (not mocking you if you are, it's a real, valid concern), then you should put everything on a credit card that gives you rewards.

i was going on a free vacation (plane, hotel, rental car are what is paid for 100%) every year just by putting all my normal expenses/bills on a credit card. every bill was on auto pay to the card, gas, food, every expense was put on it. paid off in full every month, 0%/0$ in finance/interest charges.

plus it ups your credit.

if you're financially responsible then you should take advantage of the systems set up to take advantage of those not financially responsible.

(we won't be going on a vacation anytime soon so I switch to just have it as a cash back)

to go along with that note, for those that are young and haven't messed up their credit yet: take care of your credit score. once you screw it up you'll find things more expensive and unaffordable. it's incredible how many things become affordable simply by paying your bills on time and being privy to significantly lower interest rates (or larger loans) because you're a trustworthy borrower.

a friend of mine makes a tad bit more than me, but can't afford 1/2 the car I can, because his credit is shot from bad decision making and those who are willing to give loan him money are doing it at such a high rate he simply cannot afford 1/2 what I can. despite making more money than me and having fewer financial obligations.

take care of your credit score/history...

rain x (or similar product) will make driving in the rain significantly easier. i don't even need to use my wipers majority of the time.

my understanding is you're essentially just waxing your window, and i've been told you can just use any wax. but check on that, i've never actually done that.

Vinegar is a great weed killer, instead of using Roundup or other chemical stuff. It actually works better. You can mix it with salt and add some dish soap (so it sticks to the leaves) and it will even kill poison ivy.

Take a shot of vinegar if you have hiccups that won't go away. It will stop the hiccups. Might induce vomiting but hey, no hiccups.

Vinegar is a great weed killer, instead of using Roundup or other chemical stuff. It actually works better. You can mix it with salt and add some dish soap (so it sticks to the leaves) and it will even kill poison ivy.

Take a shot of vinegar if you have hiccups that won't go away. It will stop the hiccups. Might induce vomiting but hey, no hiccups.

Straight white vinegar, or do you dilute it?

Will it kill grass too, or can you use it for weeds in your lawn?

Straight white vinegar, or do you dilute it?

Will it kill grass too, or can you use it for weeds in your lawn?

I use straight white vinegar and a spray bottle for weeds that pop up in between bricks in walkways around my house. It does kill grass and a lot of other plants, so you want to avoid going crazy with it. I think it deters a lot of pests, like ants, too. 

So are Fritos.

Edit:  Ha, I missed Kilmer's post.  Same difference.

Corks - the real ones - soaked in rubbing alcohol are great fire starters, too. I keep a jar in the garage to use when lighting the fireplace. 

if you don't have trouble shopping and managing money, and you're not paranoid about data collection (not mocking you if you are, it's a real, valid concern), then you should put everything on a credit card that gives you rewards.

i was going on a free vacation (plane, hotel, rental car are what is paid for 100%) every year just by putting all my normal expenses/bills on a credit card. every bill was on auto pay to the card, gas, food, every expense was put on it. paid off in full every month, 0%/0$ in finance/interest charges.

Excellent advice! I'm still trying to figure out how to pay my mortgage* with it!

*Note: from time to time, websites pop up that act as agents between the cc companies & banks where you can do this. They are quickly shut down when the cc company figures out what is happening. 

Archived