Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FP: Armed Bikers Plan to Draw Cartoons of Mohammed Outside a Mosque in Arizona

SkinsHokieFan

http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/05/28/armed-bikers-plan-to-draw-cartoons-of-mohammed-outside-a-mosque-in-arizona/

Armed Bikers Plan to Draw Cartoons of Mohammed Outside a Mosque in Arizona

An armed biker gang. Cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed. A mosque in Arizona. What could possibly go wrong?

We’ll find out Friday, when two organizers — Jon Ritzheimer and Flash Nelson — host what’s being billed as a peaceful demonstration outside the Islamic Community Center in Phoenix. It’s the former site of worship for Elton Simpson and Nadir Soofi, who were killed after opening fire outside a May 3 contest featuring cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed in suburban Dallas. Simpson had no direct link to the Islamic State but was sympathetic to its cause. Many Muslims consider depictions of Mohammed blasphemous.

Just like the cartoon contest outside Dallas, this event, scheduled for 6:15 p.m. Friday, appears to welcome controversy. In a Facebook invite, the planners urge attendees to take full advantage of their Second Amendment right to carry weapons. So far, 163 people have RSVP’d.

Here’s the Facebook post in full, verbatim:

Link for rest

You know, if radical Muslims that might otherwise harm innocent Americans decide to blow themselves up and take a handful of these dip****s with them.... Might not be the worst outcome.

Ahh yes, nothing like combating idiots drawing cartoons with radical suicide bombers.

You know, if radical Muslims that might otherwise harm innocent Americans decide to blow themselves up and take a handful of these dip****s with them.... Might not be the worst outcome.

Yeah, those bikers sure deserve to be killed for drawing a cartoon. Good riddance!

I hate to base my opinions on stereotypes, but I really can't imagine armed motorcycle gang members as talented cartoonists.

they are rather fond of ink drawings, not my thing but there are some amazing stuff.

Why is it that people aren't outraged by this, but if Muslims organized a protest where they were going to piss on the cross outside of a church I'm sure there would be plenty of outrage.

Seriously, love one another.

Love your neighbor

Love the stranger in your land

Love your enemy

Again I attest that what passes for Christianity in this country has more to do with American white culture than Jesus.

Why is it that people aren't outraged by this, but if Muslims organized a protest where they were going to piss on the cross outside of a church I'm sure there would be plenty of outrage.

Seriously, love one another.

Love your neighbor

Love the stranger in your land

Love your enemy

Again I attest that what passes for Christianity in this country has more to do with American white culture than Jesus.

First, I want to say it's nice to see this sentiment coming from a devout Christian.

Now that out of the way, the way I see it, it has to do with conditioning. If Christians were going out and murdering people for expressing something offensive to their religion, I am sure you'd have a group that would respond to intentionally offend them, showing them that violence will not be tolerated and we will not give into fear. If Muslims did not kill people over the depictions of Mohammed, people would not go out of their way to depict Mohammed to offend them.

I'm all for everyone living together in peace, and hopefully a day will come when that can happen and we don't have to worry about violence resulting from someone being offended by something that may or may not have been intended to offend.

First, I want to say it's nice to see this sentiment coming from a devout Christian.

Now that out of the way, the way I see it, it has to do with conditioning. If Christians were going out and murdering people for expressing something offensive to their religion, I am sure you'd have a group that would respond to intentionally offend them, showing them that violence will not be tolerated and we will not give into fear. If Muslims did not kill people over the depictions of Mohammed, people would not go out of their way to depict Mohammed to offend them.

I'm all for everyone living together in peace, and hopefully a day will come when that can happen and we don't have to worry about violence resulting from someone being offended by something that may or may not have been intended to offend.

No way, I think it has more to do with Christian Privilege and tribal cultural indoctrination rather than conversion to faith.

People already respond to Christians with mockery because of the crap that the stupid things people do in the name of Jesus. We already see it. Why do we think that intentional provocation is offensive and wrong when it is our religion that is being mocked, but completely acceptable when it is against Muslims?

It's ignorant and stupid and people who excuse it because an extreme minority of jackasses act out in violence are acting ignorantly and stupidly too.

This armed "protest" is stupid guilt by association and it only serves to deepen the divide between tribes.

This is a great opportunity for the leaders of that mosque. Maybe a statement that as Muslims, they are not allowed to draw pictures of Mohammed but acknowledging that followers of other religions are not constrained by those rules and while they wish that people wouldn't disrespect their place of worship, that the true teachings of islam is a religion of peace. That their only response will be to go inside and pray for a time when we can all love one another and live in peace, etc, etc. 

ROUND 2!!!!!!! This will be a PEACEFUL protest in front of the Islamic Community Center in Phoenix AZ. This is in response to the recent attack in Texas where 2 armed terrorist, with ties to ISIS, attempted Jihad. Everyone is encouraged to bring American Flags and any message that you would like to send to the known acquaintances of the 2 gunmen. This Islamic Community Center is a known place that the 2 terrorist frequented. People are also encouraged to utilize there [sic] second amendment right at this event just incase [sic] our first amendment comes under the much anticipated attack.

Date will be Friday May 29th @ 6:15pm. This is when they normally host a large prayer.

Bikers wil [sic] meet at the Denny’s located at 9030 N Black Canyon Hwy Phoenix, AZ 85051@ 5:00pm. Kick Stands up at 6pm.

There will be a Muhammad Cartoon Contest and the winner will be announced at the After Party. Participants must show cartoon at the Rally.

We will not have food vendors at this event because we don’t want this to turn into a carnival. People can bring snacks and water but please keep the neighborhood clean.

There will be an after party starting at 8:30pm at Wild Bills located at 6840 N. 27th Ave Phx, AZ.

Most likely chance of violence there is some bikers getting drunk and shooting each other.

You would be surprised. I know an artist that is a 1%er.

Yeah,most artists are kinda fringe, certainly some talented ones in the biker crowd.

Mann is far from alone

Archived