Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

TK

For Immediate Release

May 27, 2015

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

The Redskins terminated the contracts of the following players:

G Chris Chester

CB Tracy Porter

For some reason I always had a soft spot for Chester. Can't remember, I think it was a little thing about him going out of his way to hang out with/support a sick little girl. I think he had a killer beard or something too.

Odd to me when we cheer cuts. I get that a football team needs 52 good players, but there's plenty of room on the bench for a guy that's underperforming. I would imagine this is money stuff.

http://nfldraftdiamo...ety-trey-wolfe/

REDSKINS HAVE SIGNED FORMER FVSU SAFETY TREY WOLFE

Trey Wolfe who was cut early May by the Redskins is back.

We are learning they brought him in for a workout today and just signed him to a two year deal. 

Wolfe is a safety who played college football at Fort Valley State University. He had a short stint with the Seattle Seahawks as well as the Redskins.

Cutting Chester really puts pressure on Callahan and the other OL to find a starting guard from guys who haven't started before. I like that. Chester regressed the last couple years. It was the right move but I'm never happy when somebody loses their job.

Porter was probably a bad signing to begin with.

http://nfldraftdiamo...ety-trey-wolfe/

REDSKINS HAVE SIGNED FORMER FVSU SAFETY TREY WOLFE

Trey Wolfe who was cut early May by the Redskins is back.

We are learning they brought him in for a workout today and just signed him to a two year deal. 

Wolfe is a safety who played college football at Fort Valley State University. He had a short stint with the Seattle Seahawks as well as the Redskins.

I've been a one man fan club on here for this guy. Thought he was a CB, not a safety, but at least we can finally have a back up FS.

The curious thing is the timing of the Chester cut. The optimist in me wants to believe it's because Long was impressive in OTAs.

But probably not.

Honesty, I think they weighed Josh Leribus. "Yup, he's under 350. Cut Chesters ass!"

For some reason I always had a soft spot for Chester. 

Odd to me when we cheer cuts. I get that a football team needs 52 good players, but there's plenty of room on the bench for a guy that's underperforming. I would imagine this is money stuff.

I did too, maybe because he only got blown up by Watt 5 yards into the backfield versus Lavau's 10 in the '14 opener. :( Seems like a great, smart guy - I would imagine he's managed his money well. Maybe Scot is planning on potentially re signing him closer to a backup rate. 

I look at it as a co worker who's been under performing for years, causing everyone else to have to work harder. We've all had them,nice people who you wish the best to - but yet you're relieved you don't have to work with them anymore.  :ph34r:

Cutting Chester really puts pressure on Callahan and the other OL to find a starting guard from guys who haven't started before. I like that. Chester regressed the last couple years. It was the right move but I'm never happy when somebody loses their job.

Porter was probably a bad signing to begin with.

The fact that his happened after OTA's makes me think a couple of of our lineman have impressed Callahan. Chester was the back up center as well. So this bodes well for Austin Reiter.

For some reason I always had a soft spot for Chester. Can't remember, I think it was a little thing about him going out of his way to hang out with/support a sick little girl. I think he had a killer beard or something too.

I liked him mostly because of the beard. He also felt more like a "real" guard than the Artis Hicks/Will Montgomery duo we had in 2010. Even so, it's not that odd to me that we're cheering some cuts. It's not that we don't like the guy, it's that we're cheering the idea that his being cut means the other people in his place are expected to at least be some kind of an improvement.

It's not personal, its business. Chester was making too much for the level he was performing at.

Honesty, I think they weighed Josh Leribus. "Yup, he's under 350. Cut Chesters ass!"

Lmao 

Dead.

These are great moves. We already give the aura of a well oiled and efficient machine. 

I always thought Chester was a great dude too but he wasn't jack **** on the football field for awhile.

Not many were as big a fan of Randy Thomas as I ; loved his spirit, personality and the way he mauled ppl for Portis in '05.

However, in typical Skins fashion, we held onto him too long and he broke down, got injured a lot and was a liability.

Same position to boot.

Peace Chester, blessings to ya family

IMO this is about more than who plays RG, this feels like decisiveness, like a GM that came w/ a clue already installed acting in concert w/ coaches that know what they want and what they don't. Long, Arie, whoever, you're up, show us you want it or get the **** outta the way for the next guy, no more malaise, no lingering, waffling "can he or can't he / should we or shouldn't we", this what it's supposed to feel like. Not every decision is going to be right but leaders choose and act on it, no secondguessing, no fence straddling.

First OTAs, rooks still trying to figure out where the can is at, BOOM! cuts, changes, an object lesson for each and every player, the expectations and demands are officially high, bring your A game.

This has just cheered my week up immensely. 

Good riddance to poor talent which contributed very little. 

Hail.

I have to respectfully disagree. They contributed greatly to the success of the other team...at least Chester did. If you know what I mean.

IMO this is about more than who plays RG, this feels like decisiveness, like a GM that came w/ a clue already installed acting in concert w/ coaches that know what they want and what they don't. Long, Arie, whoever, you're up, show us you want it or get the **** outta the way for the next guy, no more malaise, no lingering, waffling "can he or can't he / should we or shouldn't we", this what it's supposed to feel like. Not every decision is going to be right but leaders choose and act on it, no secondguessing, no fence straddling.

First OTAs, rooks still trying to figure out where the can is at, BOOM! cuts, changes, an object lesson for each and every player, the expectations and demands are officially high, bring your A game.

I hope you are right.  It is so difficult to believe in this team, especially this time of year.  It's that old adage of "Fool me once..."  Unfortunately, I'm the fool because the Redskins have fooled me multiple times in the March - August stretch.

Archived