Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

all22breakdown.com: Who Has The Best Core Roster In The NFL?

http://all22breakdown.com/?p=3022

"Before we start, here are a couple of house-keeping items that will help us along the way. First of all, it is incredibly difficult to choose the best five players from any one team. I made several arguments with myself as to who should and shouldn’t be on the list. It’s just a list; don’t get too upset about who is one here and who isn’t.

Secondly, no rookies are on the list. The list is compiled only of players who were in the NFL during the 2014 season. Also, if your team has a competent quarterback, I likely included them on the list. There is also no order in which the players are listed. Player #1 isn’t necessarily better than Player #5."

(NFC East lists)

Redskins:

1. Trent Williams

2. Alfred Morris

3. Ryan Kerrigan

4. Desean Jackson

5. Robert Griffin III

Cowboys:

1. romoSUCKS

2. Bryant

3. T. Smith

4. Martin

5. Frederick

Giants:

1. Manning

2. Beckham, Jr.

3. Pierre-Paul

4. Amukamara

5. Hankins

Eagles:

1. Murray

2. Peters

3. Mathis

4. Cox

5. Barwin

Roster.jpg

I'd pick the steelers. I love Bell and Antonio Brown as players. Age plays a big part in picking a favorite IMO. Pouncey has been an all pro since his rookie year I believe, and finally Roethlisberger coming off his best season.

The Redskins could easily be near the top of my list with the talent listed, but as far as "Core" players, I don't know. Aside from Trent and Kerrigan, even with their contrast situations, could be the only players still on the team starting in 2016. Huge fan of Morris and Desean, but I really don't know how much they mean to McCloughan. Very optimistic about RG3, but I don't think picking up his option says much for his future with this team.

For the rest of the NFC East, Cowgirls take the cake. 5 Pro bowl/all pro players. 4 who are 26 or under. Maybe if Sean Lee stayed healthy they could have a representative on defence.

Its always fun and interesting to see how teams cores can change as fast as they do.

SEA has about 5 more players that could be a core guy on our team. Sickening

Sickening, yes. But also very encouraging.

Looks like 4 out of Seattle's 5 best players were drafted after Scot McCloughan got there.

Cowboys:

1. romoSUCKS

2. Bryant

3. T. Smith

4. Martin

5. Frederick

It's really funny how Frederick turned out. A lot of us, myself included, were laughing pretty hard at them for taking him too early. Three years later, he's already listed as being in the top five core of his team. Gotta hand it to Dallas, they got a good one. Would be awesome if Scherff has the same success.

Archived