Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Santana not to return

Tarpon75

Hate to see Santana go.He is an alltime Redskin great in my opinion.He played with lots of passion and heart.Provided one of my greatest Redskin memories ever with 2 late touchdown receptions to beat the Cowboys in a game that most thought was lost. Gonna miss 89,needs to be in the Ring of Honor.

All good things come to an end. But Alexa, I respectfully disagree. Santana was a beast on the field, and I for one will miss his presence on the sidelines and on the field.

Good Luck Tana, I hope you catch on with another team and do well.

This was 2-3 years too late. Good player for us but not a Ring of Honor type of player.

You root for the bad guys in movies don't you ...   ;)

He belongs in the ring ... for one reason and one reason only. More than a few people' s hearts sank when this news came out. 

That means, despite not having all the pro bowls, receiving records, etc, he's a fan favorite and he's a Redskins through and through. 

That's what gets you in the Ring. 

Somewhere, Brian Billick mentally mispronounced Santana's first name when he read the news. Definitely immortalized in Redskins lore. One of my all time faves too. Fierce competitor, always seemed to give maximum effort, and tough as nails. One of the few bright spots during some gloomy times.

Sad to see him go, he was a fav of mine. not the tallest or fastest, but he could bust one at any given time; a surefire Ring of Fame inductee in my book.

Reminded me of Gary Clark with his abilities, too bad we couldn't have a perennial QB behind center, or his #s would have been much much higher.

Best to ya bud, thanks for the memories.

All hail Santana!  Gonna miss the spin and patented first down point.  Classic stuff.  

I know ES can be a place for debate, but arguing that Tana shouldn't be in the Ring is on par with saying that Jason Campbell should be.  Ridiculous.

Tip of the cap to 89.  A true Redskin.  You will be missed.

If we had drafted Big Ben in 2004, he would have broken all the franchise receiving records, not just the single season yardage. Campbell's pathetically slow release took the WR screen out of the playbook, which had been Moss' signature play with Boo-nell. If only his best years hadn't been squandered by lousy QBs.

Man... if this is indeed the end of Moss's NFL career, then I kinda wish he would have smacked that Ref who took away Griffin' diving touchdown.

PS: Thanks for everything 89... well always have our Monday Night Miracle.

Thank you Santana Moss. Was a core Redskin and delivered some great moments for our franchise. Sad to see him go but hopefully he goes somewhere in the AFC and has success and maybe a chance at a ring. Will always be a fan of #89 as long as he isnt scorching us next year for another team.

Lol, we had this thread last year prematurely right after the season ended.

Kind of weird to say the same thing again, but I'm very appreciative for all of his work as a Redskin. It's too bad we couldn't see his talent maximized here the majority of his prime.

And he absolutely belongs in the Ring of honor in my mind.

Archived