Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RCC.com: The Redskins are HBO's backup plan if the NFL grants Cleveland's request for exemption due to Manziels rehab. (M.E.T.)

Chadwiko

A trusted source has told Redskins Capital Connection that whilst the Browns do remain the favored choice for HBO, if the NFL grants Cleveland a special exemption, HBO has nominated the Washington Redskins as their second choice.

Full story here: http://redskinscapitalconnection.com/source-redskins-are-hbos-hard-knocks-backup-plan/

What do you guys think? Would you be happy or unhappy to see the Skins featured on Hard Knocks?

As a fan, I'd love to see some behind the scenes stuff, and a more intimate look at a lot of the players.

On the flip side, I don't want distractions for the guys out there. Having a bunch of camera crews everywhere has got to be a distraction.

No! The team doesn't need the distraction, or the media glare. ...And how long before you get the questions about the name of the franchise, or some other media exploitation?

This is the year the team is supposed to be settling in with the new system, new coaches, etc. Why add this wild-card factor, simply so HBO can claim higher ratings?

I'm surprised the franchise is even entertaining the idea; I see no upside in allowing this media intrusion.

I'm with the masses. Don't need the circus to come to town. McCloughan has done a good job creating a serious tone. Hollywooding up training camp even if it's just due to the presence of cameras is not what this team needs at this moment.

Smells like a team name controversy trap. Then again, I feel super distanced from this team. I don't know as much about the players as I did ten years ago, would help me get caught up.

Well, it would be the first time a team was on Hard Knocks and won the SuperBowl the same year.

Actually, I don't like it.  leave our guys alone.  The media and fans already get out of hand with every hiccup, burp, or fart they smell.  It would only be that times ten fold if we are on there.

After a 4-12 season last year, I say no. If they have a winning record this season, I would say yes if the opportunity presented itself next year.

I sort of take the opposite approach.  If the Skins are going to be required to be on the show at some point, maybe its better to do it during a relatively low expectation year rather than one when we're projected to contend.

I sort of take the opposite approach. If the Skins are going to be required to be on the show at some point, maybe its better to do it during a relatively low expectation year rather than one when we're projected to contend.

It's obligatory? Or voluntary? If obligatory, than I concur.

I do not believe the presence of cameras should distract a professional athlete given that they are A) at work, B ) used to the media 8 months a year, and C) perform in front of 80,000 person crowds with camera's everywhere 20 weeks out of the year. You should easily be able to manage practice, learn the system, and also see a person with a camera, or give your story, or debrief for an interview. Let's not kid ourselves, it's not like these guys follow players around and call them names, or call meetings to a halt, or try to film you in the bathroom.

...that said, I wouldn't call all of the players in the NFL "professional..."

So, I can't speak on the loss of function a team might experience, but I'd personally love to watch it.

EDIT: because you can't use a B and a ) next to each other because in this day and age, we are all r3+4|2+3d

EDIT: because you can't use a B and a ) next to each other because in this day and age, we are all r3+4|2+3d

Hey Daddy-O, don't be getting square on me...because we all know that this is true:

x = (a + b)2

But also...

x = c2 + 4 (1/2 ab)

=> (a + b)2 = c2 + 2ab

=> a2 + b2 + 2ab = c2 + 2ab

=> a2 + b2 = c2

Right?

PS: Check your vectors! :)

Archived