Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins: Evan Spencer WR Ohio State

TSO

Updated OP with a video that might explain why he got so little action but was valued by Scot. QBs at Ohio State just completely miss him even when he gets wide open. He's a willing blocker and also makes a spectacular one-handed catch at the end of that video. 

With those drops and excellent blocking, maybe he should beef up and play TE.  :lol:

With Pierre Garçon, DeSean Jackson, Roberts, Ryan Grant and newly added Crowder, I could definitely see this guy working as our "blocking" TE!

So who will be the WRs that make the final roster?

Pierre

DeSean

Grant

Roberts

*Crowder

*Spencer

Crowder definitely spells the end of Moss' run here in Washington, barring injury of course.

Carrying 6 WR seems logical, although I do wonder about Andre Roberts role on the team moving fwd.  I can't see him playing in the same type of role as last year (slot, KR/PR).

I know a lot of fans think Spencer to the practice squad, but I think he makes the final 53.  Comparisons to James Thrash are legit, but I think Spencer is a better pass catcher.

Since he's big and can block - how about a switch to TE? a la Niles Paul - he's also supposed to be a ST demon.

Paul was at least 20 pounds heavier. This kid looks like a st stud to me and I could see him being the future at wr after DeSean and Pierre are gone.

Evan Spencer is not a football player's name. If only our FO had taken the time to read our thread on drafting based on name rather than need. :(

Just when I thought the Tampa connection was severed :P

Good luck to him.

Yeah, it might be interesting to try and convert him to TE, but he's a little bit too small.  No TE from this draft is under 240, while Spencer is 208.  No TE from the draft is under 6-2, while Spencer is 6-1.

Also, he runs a 4.45, which is nothing to scoff at, and even if we converted him at, say, 6-1 230, it's possible he'd lose a lot of that speed adding 22 pounds.  Definitely best to keep him at WR for the time being.

And there's got be value in a guy who can consistently be blocking 30 yards downfield, versus 5 to 10.

Archived