Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Theismann To Robert Griffin III: ‘Focus On What You Do’

I believe there WILL be a turn around for the team this season, but then I'm a die-hard, I always have faith that there will be. If any of you fans believe that during the 2012 season the play you witnessed by our team and quarterback was ordinary....well, you just didn't know what you were watching. For the last half of that season they were a team hell bent on getting to the playoffs and played like a team. We'll see that again! Soon!! HTTR!!!

It's about time Joey T stopped trashing Robert and started supporting him. Like redpigskin I am ever the optimist. But I really think Robert is going to surprise people this year if he can stay healthy, and in a good way.

Before the freak injury last year he actually looked pretty good. I know people complained about 6 pts against Houston, but he had a 70% + comp %. The WR were just not getting anything after the catch. Also, there were 2 very costly TOs deep in the Red Zone. But he played within the Off. Against Jacksonville he started well there also. Then after 2 horrendous starts he started to look a little more comfortable at the end of the season. 

Before the onslaught starts, I never said he played at a probowl level. Just saying he played better.

His key is staying healthy.

Its strange indeed to hear JT do a one eighty from last year. This is Griffin's last at bat with WAS. I only hope this is a true open competition to see who will actually start this season. I have never been a fan of Griffin....but if he wants a job as a Redskins, its time to start producing. My expectations for Griffin are very low...I just can not forget how bad he has played during the last two years, one excuse after another. It just gets old. The team continues to bend over backwards to try and make it work. I just don'tthink there is much slack left in the line. If he cant produce, then he has to go...so the solution is simply start playing like a number 2 choice overall or find another job.

Archived