Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philly.com: Ex-coach Heupel talked Sam Bradford out of quitting

"I didn't want to come back," he'd told the Post-Dispatch, and the reason that he didn't follow through on his thoughts about retiring, that he was still available for the Eagles to acquire in that blockbuster trade for Nick Foles, was that Heupel persuaded him to stick it out.

"It was one of those moments where, after all the time and energy and passion that he poured into rehabilitating himself in the first injury, you feel like you're snakebitten," Heupel said in a phone interview. "You don't know when, if, or how your body is going to respond and what your next opportunity is. You're really just in a lot of limbo. Sometimes, I think, just having a voice from an outside perspective is something that can be valuable."

Heupel is now the offensive coordinator at Utah State, and he took a break from a Saturday morning film-study session to make it clear he understood the panic that's sure to set in around here with Bradford's admission.

It's risky enough that Chip Kelly would bet on Bradford and his injury history: a right shoulder that required surgery while he was at Oklahoma, that tear-prone ligament in his left knee. But unless all those conspiracy theories about Bradford's being a commodity in a Marcus Mariota trade are true, Kelly has found a franchise quarterback who less than a year ago contemplated walking away from football."

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20150330_Ex-coach_Heupel_talked_Sam_Bradford_out_of_quitting.html#XHhdLHwQht05QFcm.99

"I didn't want to come back," he'd told the Post-Dispatch, and the reason that he didn't follow through on his thoughts about retiring, that he was still available for the Eagles to acquire in that blockbuster trade for Nick Foles, was that Heupel persuaded him to stick it out.

"It was one of those moments where, after all the time and energy and passion that he poured into rehabilitating himself in the first injury, you feel like you're snakebitten,"...

...and then they really **** you and send you to Philly  :(

Man, if Bradford was thinking about retiring before, just wait until he throws a couple INTs in Philly. Having been in St Louis for a while, no one in that town gives a rats *** if you are a football player.

Bad, because you're not as famous as you would be anywhere else. 

Good, because when you suck, no one notices.

Well, they'll notice in Philly.  Have fun with your jerry-rigged joints and taped together confidence. I'm sure it will be better this time.... :rolleyes:

Archived