Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

House of Cards Season 3 (SPOILERS AHEAD)

Springfield

I didn't think season 3 was as good as 1-2. There was way too much lovey dovey crap between Frank and Claire, almost felt like a soap opera at times, and we didn't get enough monologues out of Frank. I also couldn't stand that author character, Yates I think his name was?

It was still a good 13 episodes, just not as good as 1-2. There were some really epic moments though, like the debate episode, which was just all sorts of awesome.

I'm glad there will be a Season 4 now. I thought i had heard/read somewhere that it was going to end with 3, I think the British version only went 3 seasons?

I didn't think it was as good as the previous two seasons, mostly because they tried to make Frank and Claire sympathetic figures and I have zero sympathy for them. They have ruined and killed too many people for me to care that everyone they deal with now sees them for the snakes they are. Boo freakin hoo.

I also didn't get how they were somehow trying to have a real marriage now that he's President, when previously they've both had affairs and the other knew about it. Maybe it's just me, but I found the allure of the first two seasons my desire for Frank to lose and rooting for the unfortunate lesser intelligent people against him. Now I'm watching Claire and he get played in the most obvious way, and that just wasn't as entertaining as I expected. 

Still a good season, still excellent Grade A acting. Just doesn't live up to the very high bar they've set. 

I didn't think it was as good as the previous two seasons, mostly because they tried to make Frank and Claire sympathetic figures and I have zero sympathy for them. They have ruined and killed too many people for me to care that everyone they deal with now sees them for the snakes they are. Boo freakin hoo.

I also didn't get how they were somehow trying to have a real marriage now that he's President, when previously they've both had affairs and the other knew about it. Maybe it's just me, but I found the allure of the first two seasons my desire for Frank to lose and rooting for the unfortunate lesser intelligent people against him. Now I'm watching Claire and he get played in the most obvious way, and that just wasn't as entertaining as I expected. 

Still a good season, still excellent Grade A acting. Just doesn't live up to the very high bar they've set. 

You have to remember the dynamic of their relationship though in the beginning.  Both allowed the affairs, but remained a power couple that fully supported each other.  Frank needed Claire just as much as she needed him.  All the lies, cover-ups, etc. worked to their favor and landed them their dream, the presidency of the U.S.  They could no longer have affairs after that, outside the threesome with the secret service agent.  

Once there, we started seeing all the things that started to break down their marriage.  The main one being that Frank had all the power and no longer needed Claire like she needed him for everything.  Didn't matter if he consulted with her and took her opinion before any decisions were made (as she stated in the show).  He didn't have to if he didn't want to and there wasn't a darn thing she could do about it.

She tried to be the ambassador, lost her cool and it cost her.  Frank had to use his power to put her in that position.  What did she do?  She lost it again and insulted the President of Russia, causing more headache for Frank.  Forcing Frank to have to make her step down, etc.  She felt betrayed by Frank and the only thing she could do in retaliation was to not support him during the campaign.  

I still liked seasons 1-2 better, but I thought this one was really good and it should set-up season 4 nicely.

This show used to be a lot more subtle.

the first season, sure. The 2nd season was not subtle at all.

I'm so glad that Doug finally got his retribution at the end. I thought he was going to walk away.

hang on, "his retribution"?

He ruined that girl's life and then killed her, lol. (im not gonna lie, I laughed when she was walking away on the road and she noticed the van coming from behind her)

Archived