Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Do Not Utilize Franchise Tag By Deadline

I don't believe we should bring back Orakpo because he is injury prone and supposedly this draft is loaded with pass rushers. Trent Murphy had a better season than Orakpo and Kerrigan is a work horse that gets the job done. Don't get me wrong I like Orakpo but if we draft a consistent pass rusher that shines then Orakpo will be forgotten.

Nobody on their FA list justifies being tagged whether it be an exclusive, non-exclusive or transition type.

As far as Rak goes - it will be interesting to see if they try to trade him before the 10th. The Pats come to mind. He's the kinda guy that they would take a shot on and they have three picks each in the 4th and 6th rounds. A fourth would be better than nothing. So would a 6th for that matter. 

Or they might offer him a contract with injury clauses at a drastically reduced salary (like Perry Riley money) after the 10th. Although some team out there will probably offer him more than Washington would in free agency he might find out that one year @ $3M if he plays beats the breadline. And I don't see him getting much in a long term deal anywhere without a pile of incentives.

Point is - the Skins are in the position to dictate what he is worth to the team - not the other way around.

Orakpos time in DC should be over.  He can't stay on the field and at least statistically, the team plays better with him out.   

Trent Murphy played at least as well. Remember, it was only his 1st year. For some reason, people expected him to be JJ Watt. Let's give him a chance to improve. I bet he comes out and has a really nice year for us. 

Archived