Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I figured it would be easier to put all related items in one thread...except for Agents of Shield (we'll leave that thread separate)

Related threads

http://es.redskins.com/topic/368258-avengers-2-the-age-of-ultron/page-4

http://es.redskins.com/topic/377264-bloomberg-disney-set-to-film-marvel-series-for-netflix-in-new-york-larry-4-series/

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/02/first-on-set-pictures-from-aka-jessica-jones-show.html

First On-Set Pictures from A.K.A. Jessica JonesShow Krysten Ritter Looking Grumpy

post-134594-0-22403200-1423604931_thumb.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'd be stunned if they don't go the Miles Morales character or at least minority route on the next Spiderman.

I know Donald Glover's name has been mentioned quite a bit to fill that role.

Donald Glover's audition and his take on being Peter Parker was the inspiration for creating the Miles Morales character. There is really no one else who could fit the role better. 

Yeah there's a growing push for Glover and Miles Morales going on right now. One example. 

http://time.com/3703175/donald-glover-next-spider-man/

I'm in on this. I liked the transition of this one in the comics except. I didn't like the spider bite thing happening again and of course,the death of Peter Parker. Other than that,it would be a wonderful way of kicking things off with Spiderman and Disney. 

• Like 2

Marvel is doing all it can to slow the tide that is Batman V Superman down.  Now they are bringing in Spiderman in the middle of their cinematic universe?  Seems rushed.  A new Spiderman to appear in Cap 3... sounds like they are trying to copy what DC is doing with Batman.

Yeah.  Marvel is copying what DC is doing.  :)

• Like 3

You know when you think about it, Marvel has lifted a lot of character types from earlier DC creations. But since the Silver Age, they've always done it better.

Came out with the Avengers, FF, and X-Men in response to the popularity of super hero teams following the creation of the JLA, all of which are better. Vision is the same as J'onn J'onzz but better. Namor is the same as Aquaman but so much better. Quicksilver is the same as the Flash, maybe not better there, but probably would be if he had been similarly featured. Captain America is Marvel's Superman and so much better. Hawkeye is marvel's Green Arrow and also better. Shoot, Captain Marvel was a DC character at first and he was corny.

A lot of the same artists have worked for both companies, including Jack Kirby himself. But to me, Stan Lee is really what set Marvel apart. DC comics never had anything like Stan Lee's charisma and charm that was infused in all of his Silver Age titles. They didn't have Lee's talent for writing nor his ear for the zeitgeist. And DC the company didn't have Lee's open-mindedness and creative vision defining it in the Silver Age, which for Marvel is the force leading to the creation of the panoply of characters and titles that are still the stars of their universe today. Marvel's social consciousness and progressiveness was pretty critical to their massive popularity then, and it's been a key to them maintaining relevancy now. I think they lost some of that early Stan Lee openness in the late 80's and early 90's and that's part of why you had the big indie comic movement and a resurgence of popularity in DC titles and characters.

Plus nearly all of the general audience has never heard of Miles Morales or knows that he exists.

You mean kind of like Star Lord, Groot, Rocket Raccoon, Gamora, and Drax?

I just read that the studio is allegedly wanting Logan Lerman or Dylan O'Brien as the new Peter Parker. So it doesn't matter anyways because it sounds like they want to go business as usual.

Edited by The Evil Genius

Marvel is doing all it can to slow the tide that is Batman V Superman down. Now they are bringing in Spiderman in the middle of their cinematic universe? Seems rushed. A new Spiderman to appear in Cap 3... sounds like they are trying to copy what DC is doing with Batman.

Please. DC has been chasing Marvel. Every studio has been chasing Marvel for that matter. The only way WB could salvage the trainwreck that was Man Of Steel was to bring in Batman...a solo Superman sequel would have been d.o.a. And they delayed Batman vs. Superman an entire year because they announced it out of desperation to start a shared universe with nothing to back it up.

You mean kind of like Star Lord, Groot, Rocket Raccoon, Gamora, and Drax?

Even less know about Morales, who was created quite recently. The GOTG were created back in the 60's and the current incarnation six years ago.

Speaking of Elba, I was always hoping that a Black Panther movie could get underway early enough to cast him. He would have been the perfect T'Challa. Don't know enough about Chadwick B. to have strong feelings either way.

• Like 1

Marvel is doing all it can to slow the tide that is Batman V Superman down.  Now they are bringing in Spiderman in the middle of their cinematic universe?  Seems rushed.  A new Spiderman to appear in Cap 3... sounds like they are trying to copy what DC is doing with Batman.

Slow the tide? LOL

Have you actually looked at Marvel's profits?

Marvel has wanted Spider-Man for Civil War for a while now, because he's an important character to that storyline.  There isn't anything rushed about this.  I'm sure Marvel has been negotiating with Sony for a long time about this.

BTW, I was amused at Sony's tweet about this...  "Sony Pictures Entertainment Brings Marvel Studios Into The Amazing World Of Spider-Man" Really?

Marvel has wanted Spider-Man for Civil War for a while now, because he's an important character to that storyline.  There isn't anything rushed about this.  I'm sure Marvel has been negotiating with Sony for a long time about this.

BTW, I was amused at Sony's tweet about this...  "Sony Pictures Entertainment Brings Marvel Studios Into The Amazing World Of Spider-Man" Really?

Hey, they have to spin it to look like they know what they're doing somehow. 

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/spider-man-new-movie-high-school-marvel-1201430231/

The Next ‘Spider-Man’ Will Go Back to High School

Sony is going younger with its next Spider-Man.

Now that Andrew Garfield is hanging up the red and blue spandex, Sony Pictures is getting ready to put out a casting call to find its next web slinger. The plan is for the character to go back to high school in the next films, Variety has learned from sources with knowledge of the studio’s plans.

A number of actors already have been mentioned as being considered for the role, including “The Maze Runner” and “Teen Wolf’s” Dylan O’Brien and the “Percy Jackson” franchise’s Logan Lerman. Lerman most recently co-starred in Sony’s “Fury.”

Actors have yet to be approached, and sources say Sony is looking to hire a new director to

replace “The Amazing Spider-Man” films’ Marc Webb before tapping a new Spidey. The studio also needs to figure out whether it wants to go with another Peter Parker or introduce another character that suits up as Spider-Man, including Miles Morales, whose father is African American and mother is Puerto Rican.

Sony has put the character, played by Tobey Maguire and Garfield, in Midtown High School before, but the plan is to spend more time in the setting and explore his awkward relationship with other students while fighting crime out of the classroom. Midtown is a major setting in the comicbooks, and Peter Parker also returns to the school to become a science teacher in storylines.

Sony needs to move fast, since Marvel wants to introduce the new actor playing Spider-Man in “Captain America: Civil War,” in theaters in 2016, before launching his own solo franchise at Sony in 2017.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH