Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's play Whack a mole! AKA name the dry snitch

ThomasRoane

Whack-A-Mole Poll  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who was or were the insider(s)?

I'm glad to read the that the last couple of hires came from the team because it may mean that the mole(s) have been purged.  That's very important to any coaching staff as you can see how even the Patriots are bothered by the whole deflate-gate fiasco.  It's difficult to focus on winning when everyone is asking questions that are not about your opponent that week but some off the field drama.  Frankly, I'm amused to see it happen to another team for a change.  

Going thru this process might make some of the releases make sense.  To me, firing Haz and Morris were no brainers.  Many of the others though (especially Baker) were a little surprising.  Seems like Jay was intent on getting rid of the "insider" and that can only help this year.  

Here are the candidates and my thoughts:

Jim Haslett - No doubts that he was a part of the problem and maybe London really was on to something
Ray Wright- Just seemed to be incompetent

Bryan Baker - The most curious of all because I actually thought his position group improved.
Chris Foerster- Most of the insider information was related to offense.  So he is suspect.
Jacob Burney- I think that it was more a case of wanting a new voice for players to listen to
Rasheem Morris - His group was the worst performing of all and could have been trying to deflect blame

Seems Haslett is a pretty darn good bet to be a major one.  Also feels like he managed to sew discord as part of his slight of hand to keep his job for so long.

Oh, he's definitely one.  But even after he was let go Russini was beating the Redskins to the punch.  Lately, she's been pretty quiet on that front.  I'm just trying to figure out about when it all stopped.  After Foerster maybe?  Foerster was a Shanahan guy after all. 

Oh, he's definitely one.  But even after he was let go Russini was beating the Redskins to the punch.  Lately, she's been pretty quiet on that front.  I'm just trying to figure out about when it all stopped.  After Foerster maybe?  Foerster was a Shanahan guy after all. 

You know why? We have a GM in place who lets Gruden do his job without having ask mommy and daddy what he can or can't do with this staff. 

My hunch is Morris.  

In any case, hope that person (s) is/are gone from the Redskins now.  They smile in your face and tell you everything is great, convince you they have your back....and then turn around and throw you under the bus to anyone who will listen.  

Why work hard when you can just advance by convincing the powers-that-be that it's everyone else but you?  

My hunch is Morris.  

In any case, hope that person (s) is/are gone from the Redskins now.  They smile in your face and tell you everything is great, convince you they have your back....and then turn around and throw you under the bus to anyone who will listen.  

Why work hard when you can just advance by convincing the powers-that-be that it's everyone else but you?  

Lol - Your post reminded me of the old O'Jays song -"They smile in your face, all the time they want to take your place; the back stabbers..."

Oh gee. There are plenty more. We've had tons of leaks and horrible problems with drama long before any of the people you mention showed up.

My money is on Santana.

I thought Santana was the one quoted as saying the problem with the team was dry snitching. Is it a "he who smelled it, dealt it" situation? Not likely.

George Allen was a freak about security and I would be also. If I was the coach and found out we had leaks? I would find out who it was and crucify them. Probably couldnt afford to fire/cut them but they could practice all day and then run suicides in front of the whole team until they were beyond spent. I would come up with some other embarrassing punishment for coaches.

ZERO TOLERANCE for that candy ass elementary school bull****.

George Allen was a freak about security and I would be also. If I was the coach and found out we had leaks? I would find out who it was and crucify them. Probably couldnt afford to fire/cut them but they could practice all day and then run suicides in front of the whole team until they were beyond spent. I would come up with some other embarrassing punishment for coaches.

ZERO TOLERANCE for that candy ass elementary school bull****.

This reminds of back in college, if you got hurt playing pickup basketball or something you shouldn't be doing during lacrosse season.  He would have the guilty party sit by the goal and the rest of the team run between the two goals, going around each one until you were on the verge of puking.  Put a stop to it real quick, and pretty comical when you look back on it..obviously wasn't at the time.

Haslett did what Haslett always does......no surprises there. One of the steadiest sources of info for local beat writers was on the offensive side of the ball and is still on staff. A lot of people think Shanahan leaked most of the negative/critical perspective about Robert. Not so sure about that.

Haslett did what Haslett always does......no surprises there. One of the steadiest sources of info for local beat writers was on the offensive side of the ball and is still on staff. A lot of people think Shanahan leaked most of the negative/critical perspective about Robert. Not so sure about that.

Capt. Kirk?

Reporters usually take care to never criticize their sources. Boy Wonder has an ego and believes a lot of his own press about being an up-and-coming hot commodity in the coaching ranks. I would cut him loose, to be honest. Cooley wouldn't like that because they're tight. Also eliminates his primary source.

Reporters usually take care to never criticize their sources. Boy Wonder has an ego and believes a lot of his own press about being an up-and-coming hot commodity in the coaching ranks. I would cut him loose, to be honest. Cooley wouldn't like that because they're tight. Also eliminates his primary source.

McVay. Just say McVay.

Archived