Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox Sports: Wade Philips to be Denver DC

rick7423

It's not always just about the money with professionals in this situation. I'll just call this speculation here---more than one player/coach has avoided this franchise quite deliberately, and Dan does not "always wins with the $$$ and we get whoever we really want" despite the ES myth. 

In this thread, we may be like the pimple-faced awkward homely nerd who is upset that the really pretty girl said "no" to our prom invitation, and all we got was an "average" girl. We're just lucky we're not going stag or taking our sister.  :P

It's a bit of a puzzle why he didn't land with the Redskins.  He seemed like a good fit - a bunch of experience, including head coaching experience, to offset Jay's lack... his son is on the staff... it sounded like he wanted to be here...

It's not always just about the money with professionals in this situation. I'll just call this speculation here---more than one player/coach has avoided this franchise quite deliberately, and Dan does not "always wins with the $$$ and we get whoever we really want" despite the ES myth. 

Maybe that was it...personality clash with Snyder. Or Jay or Bruce for that matter.

It's a bit of a puzzle why he didn't land with the Redskins.  He seemed like a good fit - a bunch of experience, including head coaching experience, to offset Jay's lack... his son is on the staff... it sounded like he wanted to be here...

Maybe that was it...personality clash with Snyder. Or Jay or Bruce for that matter.

Again, isn't just the list of negatives about this org  even with $$ factored in, contrasted against more positives with many other clubs, a long enough one? And one that could easily influence an in-demand dude to go to that "better" situation even if the $$ here were somewhat more?

It doesn't have to be one or two guys and a personality clash (although that's always on the table in any such scenario). Keep in mind that just as much of the rest of the football world has a different take on Mike S and Kyle S than ES-land took, so too might they be just fine with some folks here that many of us think suspect.  Or they might not. 

But there would still be much more in the way of "negatives." The whole org as a long-suffering and dysfunctional entity---aside from some hope invested in current activities that seem like "real change"---might not be the first choice of anyone in a position to pick and choose (putting it mildly).

Jumbo, I guess I'm in denial... it's tough to think we've become a backwater, dead-end landing spot among NFL franchises, where the only way to get desirable hires is if they hold their noses while taking the bucket-loads of cash thrown at them.

Wade will be reunited with DeMarcus Ware and Gary Kubiak; he made the right decision.

Wade is pushing 68 years old, this will probably be his last coaching gig. Coaching here would be stressful with an inexperienced HC and lack of talent.

Best of luck to the son of Bum!

Or it could have been "better player personnel" in Denver as opposed to what's out in Ashburn.  What we probably have is a 67 year old coach who's not really interested in rebuilding the defensive side of the football and just wants to win now.

If that's the case I don't blame him for taking a better situation in Denver.

HTTR!

I gotta be honest, I wasn't crazy about another father/son staff combo. Further, Phillips never ed seemed to be a coach on great teams.

Barry young and hungry... See what fruit it bears. Team needs mission statement, vision, talent, and depth. So, whatever, see what next DC up can do.

In this thread, we may be like the pimple-faced awkward homely nerd who is upset that the really pretty girl said "no" to our prom invitation, and all we got was an "average" girl. We're just lucky we're not going stag or taking our sister.  :P

So, Wade said No? What do you know?

Way too many quick fixes in Denver

it is all going to come crashing down here in the next year or two. They will rival us and the raiders for biggest NFL laughing stock. Bookmark this post and call me out if I'm wrong

I agree. Elway is squeezing the last little bit of water out of the sponge before the team has to be imploded due to cap issues.

Archived