Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WS:Former Defense Intel Chief Blasts Obama

nonniey

Question for the President's defenders how many of these reports, that reinforce each other, from former high level officials in the know, does it take to admit yeah this is a problem?

".......

The Obama administration doesn’t understand the threat, Flynn said, noting that the administration refuses to use “Islamic militants” to describe the enemy.

“You cannot defeat an enemy you do not admit exists,” he said.

The administration, he continued, wants “us to think that our challenge is dealing with an undefined set of violent extremists or merely lone-wolf actors with no ideology or network. But that’s just not the straight truth.

Flynn left government last summer, a year before scheduled. He did not provide a reason for his early departure, but sources close to Flynn told THE WEEKLY STANDARD that he was forced out after years of making arguments the Obama administration did not want to hear.

Flynn, and many of the analysts who worked for him, consistently reported on the global nature of the jihadist threat and the interconnectedness of the groups driving it. They mapped overlapping networks of al Qaeda and its offshoots and rejected arguments, pushed primarily by the White House and the CIA, that killing leaders of “core al Qaeda” inevitably meant a diminishing threat........

One key fight came over the analysis of the documents captured during the raid that killed Osama bin Laden. The CIA was responsible for the first scrub of the collection of more than 1 million documents and retained “executive authority” over the cache when it was completed. But the CIA stopped analyzing or “exploiting” the documents after that first quick and incomplete assessment and the Agency made no attempt to systematically examine and codify all of the intelligence included in the intelligence haul.

Flynn assembled a team at the DIA to do exactly that, but the CIA initially refused to share the documents. After a lengthy bureaucratic battle, DIA analysts were given limited access to the bin Laden documents and undertook an exhaustive exploitation. The documents provided the U.S. government with its best look at al Qaeda and its operations and challenges—from the inside. There were letters between Osama bin Laden and other terrorist leaders, plans for future attacks, details about fundraising successes and failures, descriptions of relationships between al Qaeda and governments in the region. The documents remain unexploited to this day........"

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/former-defense-intel-chief-blasts-obama_826593.html

I dislike the foreign policy coming from Obama and his team right now.

I don't think it's 100% bad. But there's been enough lying, public displays of incompetence or arrogance from the admin (jv team style comments), and books/articles written from form staff specifically saying Obama simply doesn't care enough to put the time in, that it's really, really concerning.

The last few years have forced me to reconsider how i prioritize a candidate's qualities and experience.

I dislike defending Obama, as I don't think he has been a great president.  However, just because he refuses to call a group a certain name doesn't mean he lacks understanding of the threat they pose. 

I thought about nor posting that portion of the article as I knew some would glam on to that, that is not what the article and accusation is about, it is just a symptom of the overall problem.

Archived