Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Redskins 2015 Mock Madness

So far all the mock drafts have us taking a S, OLB/DE or a O-linemen. I agree with all of it. We do need those positions. But IMHO we NEED to focus on the O-line. We have the smallest line in the league (or 1 of them). We gave up 58 sacks & over 100 QB hits, both of which are in the top 2. Not to mention they're pretty old. Our QBs will be much better with more time to go through their progressions. Alfred won't get hit immediately therefore allowing his y/c average to get back to 5+. At the end of the day, like the old saying goes, it all starts up front.

HTTR!!!

The problem with drafting for need is you are highly likely to draft someone way too many picks in front of where they would be slotted based on ability to start and become a productive NFL player.

Scot drafts based on the ability to become a starter. If he holds true to his past history he will fill need over multiple drafts and draft players based on their ability to contribute.

Since it is going to take us at least 3 drafts to make this team super bowl capable; I say go for quality Scot, and if the player is not the best player available don't draft him at a position of big need based (e.g. o-line and safety) solely on need.

Canada, we will get good o-lineman in the next 3 years, I would only worry about the quality of who gets drafted this year. There are far too many draft picks (many of them o-line) over the past 3 years that are never going to be a factor.

Awesome analysis on these players but i'm just not one for following mock drafts to much cause they always get updated from like 1.0 to 2.0 to 3.0 and so on or they just don't make sense at all when it comes to later rounds then everything changes after the Scouting Combine. It's good to see what positions of need that some of these analysts and draft gurus may give us to kind of see where we may pick but it's constantly changing plus if you check out other mock drafts they're never the same.

Over in the stadium there is a mock draft simulator. It's kind of fun.

Here was my first effort.  I traded back several times to end up with a total of 3 2nds, 4 3rd, and 2 4ths, plus a 1st rd for 2016 and 2017. I was able to go Oline, Dline and secondary, which is what I think we need. Plus grabbed a few other players here and there as best available to me.

If we could get this, I don't think anyone would be too upset.

Your score is: 4557 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 15 (S.F.): A.J. Cann, OG, South Carolina (B-)
Round 2 Pick 6: Arik Armstead, DE, Oregon (B+)
Round 2 Pick 8 (NYG): Anthony Harris, SS, Virginia (B+)
Round 2 Pick 15 (MIA): Devin Funchess, WR, Michigan (A-)
Round 3 Pick 5: Carl Davis, DT, Iowa (A-)
Round 3 Pick 10 (NYG): Ben Koyack, TE, Notre Dame (B-)
Round 3 Pick 14 (MIA): Andy Gallik, C, Boston College ( B
Round 3 Pick 15 (S.F.): Doran Grant, CB, Ohio State ( B
Round 4 Pick 6: Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M (B+)
Round 4 Pick 27 (S.F.): Austin Shepherd, OT, Alabama C
Round 5 Pick 5: Charles Gaines, CB, Louisville C
Round 6 Pick 6: Damarious Randall, FS, Arizona State ( B
Round 7 Pick 9 (NYG): Austin Hill, WR, Arizona (A)
Round 7 Pick 27 (NYG): C.J. Olaniyan, OLB, Penn State C

Your Future Picks:
2016 Round 1 Pick
2017 Round 1 Pick

please no to Collins, we have had 8 to 9 years worth of smallish linebacker types that play well in the box but are lost in coverage. We need aa ball hawk and this years draft isn't very deep in safeties .

We run a 3/4 but our NT is undersized and out of position. Get Shelton out of Washington and then you have a run stuffer with the ability to blow up the center of the oline on passing downs. And if theres one thing that qb's hate is pressure right in their face. HTTR

• 2 weeks later...

Plus hear me out I think this would really help the team out. Draft Danny Shelton then they said pass rushers are deep so get a pass rusher in the 2nd round, safety everyone is just talking about Landon Collins is the only best at that spot forget it we'll turn to FA for S, OL 3rd round best available, CB in the 4th which they said is deep as well. Right there enough said.

The Redskins have 14-18 holes to fill over the next 3-4 years to become super bowl ready. They need to draft players that can become competent future starters without regard to super star capability to accomplish that objective.

Draft starters, trade back and get more draft picks should be the plan. Anything else will give us more of the same that we have experienced over the past 20+ years - an occasional year in which we win more than we lose followed by 3 or 4 years of being a solid loser.

Time for a change, build thru the draft.

• 4 weeks later...

Keep Griffin and let his technique and decision making progress with the NOW available quarterback coach that was much needed for the past several seasons, build on the arsenal of weapons that exists. Address the overall needs in both lines and the secondary. I'm impressed with the positive views and ideas for the good of the team being posted.

I like the trade RG3 but the problem is he has no value at this time; potential alone on a 4 year pro will do that to you. I assume they will keep him, let's hope the new QB coach can help him correct his flaws, most of what are correctable (I hope) mental and/or attitude problems.

Archived