Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Mock Drafts: Collins To The Redskins?

Bucky is thinking 'need' versus 'BPA' here.

Collins will take some time to get his pass d skills up to the NFL level. Doesn't mean he's a bad guy but he really isn't #5 material either.

I will be very disappointed if we take Collins here. If we trade down and get extra picks and take him at say 18 - 24 then OK. But as you said, he is not #5 material. We need to get full value for our picks. I think that is one of the major flaws of the last 5 yrs (probably before that too). We got some nice players in the draft, but they were not full value for the draft position.

Take Trent Murphy. I like him, probably more than most. I think he is going to be very good with a little coaching. He and RK are great bookends. But we could have gotten him in the 3rd, maybe even the 4th. Scot M is known for taking BPA and he stated he planned to do that here. No one has Collins even sniffing the top 20. Oh and lets add to that, the last thing we need is another S that can't cover. This is typical Vinnie Cerrato pick.

If we go with Collins at #5 it will be a very very very bad sign, much worse than signing Joe Barry at DC (sorry, devil made me do it...).

Archived