Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

funny......Tyler Polumbus ‏@Tyler_Polumbus  13s

@World_Wide_Wob: ” Haha, poor @GrahamGano

B6TtFc_CIAAvQ8a.jpg

Seriously, though, that presser was unlike anything I've ever covered. Been doing this sportswriter thing for a long time. Stunning.

Christie Lopez retweeted

I mean, you're in touch with hopes and dreams. And you're rooting for the guys. Man, I'd love to know what Jay said to Jon after that.

Best prospects for #Redskins to look at: OSU CB D.Grant, DL M.Bennett, -- ALA SS L.Collins, OG A.Kouandjio

I say it every week: Landon Collins competes even on Punt team. Typically the first man down.

Landon Collins embraces contact and special teams. Much like Breeland, just loves the game

Not huge on the two interviews Skins getting. Reeks of a set-up to hire Morris.

@KDawg_ES At least we get him out of the backfield, #silverlinings

I haven't seen much of him...That bad? RT @JoshLiskiewitz: @Russellmania980 Just say no, Chris - at least in the first couple of rounds...

@Russellmania980 @JoshLiskiewitz Yeah, not a Collins fan. Has too much L.Landry in his game for me. Box guy who will get exposed in coverage

HumbleSkins ‏@johnnylocal  13m

@HTTR24_7 @Russellmania980 @JoshLiskiewitz Could have just taught Rambo to be consistent, but no, can't develop anyone.

@johnnylocal @HTTR24_7 @JoshLiskiewitz Right....If only a sixth round pick could be "taught" to be awesome in one year.

@Russellmania980 @HTTR24_7 @JoshLiskiewitz And Carlos Rogers couldn't catch, and Amerson regressed, and on and on..they teach regression.

@johnnylocal @HTTR24_7 @JoshLiskiewitz Right because "regression" is taught and has NOTHING to do with the individual player checking out??

@Russellmania980 @HTTR24_7 @JoshLiskiewitz Player after player Chris< I mean I don't know I am not there, but you are, why they all regress?

@Russellmania980 @HTTR24_7 @JoshLiskiewitz Or why they all check out?

@Russellmania980 @HTTR24_7 @JoshLiskiewitz Oh Crickets now?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Damn #OhioState showing execution ALWAYS wins over scheme & coaching....

Cody Snyder ‏@C_Snyder10  44s

@Russellmania980 stop. Haslett is gone already.

@johnnylocal @HTTR24_7 @JoshLiskiewitz Like who?? What was Carlos Rogers before 2010? Inconsistent...Same w/ Landry...many have grown.

@Russellmania980 @HTTR24_7 @JoshLiskiewitz Yeah wasted pics here, go elsewhere to contribute, why? It's not one, it's everyone.

@johnnylocal @HTTR24_7 @JoshLiskiewitz ...I am trying to figure out why you think Landry and Carlos heading to Canton since leaving Skins?

@Russellmania980 @HTTR24_7 @JoshLiskiewitz Hahhaa Canton? no, contribute is the word I used. I am trying to figure out why this team sucks.

thinking about this some more: The answers u really need to hear must come from the owner. he decides on any changes. he has 15 year record

he's the 1 who decided on the GM/president. allen wouldn't get rid of himself or just focus on prez. why is dan Snyder ok w/this? explain

oh, and no, I don't expect Snyder to talk. but there are legit questions he needs 2 answer. or would be wise to be asked b/c won't answer

I hope we can get the 49ers guys....either of them...simply because we need a sweeping defensive change.

Players have regressed. An implication on Morris' ability to coach the DB skill position, but perhaps he can call a good defensive scheme...jury is out, but I say he should go.

If I was the 49ers coordinator or DB coach, I would not take the head coach position and would instead take the Skins job...

WHy?? Because it will be hard as **** to follow up Harbaugh and have the same success on a now regressing team. Setting yourself up to look bad.

On the flip side, coming to the Redskins all you have to do is average better than the 30th ranked defense under Haslett, which shouldn't be the hardest thing in the world. Makes you look good, sets you up nicely for future jobs. All they have to do is put up with the ****storm that is the Redskins.

Chris Russell @Russellmania980 4m4 minutes ago

#Redskins & INova are hosting a blood drive @Redskins Park next Sat 1/10 ..Sign up here and "Be a Hometown Hero" https://www.inovabloodsaves.org/index.cfm?grou

Washington Redskins @Redskins 27m27 minutes ago

#Redskins LB @_willcompton starts his offseason by meeting his godson for first time. READ | http://oak.ctx.ly/r/29ndp 

B6WZTdNCUAA-69s.jpg

Tarik El-Bashir @TarikCSN 32m32 minutes ago

The #Redskins 'plan' to return to Richmond for camp. Potential financial complications w/ deal loom, however: http://www.csnwashington.com/redskinsblog/despite-struggles-redskins-intend-return-richmond 

John Keim @john_keim 39m39 minutes ago

compiled list of Potential #Redskins defensive coordinators ... skins received permission 2 talk 2 some... http://es.pn/1AfaQn9

Ironically, there may be more positives from a young talent standpoint on defense than offense for the #Redskins. Based on last season.

Boohoohoo...my BFF is gone...boohoohoo

feat_crying-baby.gif

Boohoohoo...my BFF is gone...boohoohoo

feat_crying-baby.gif

What a gigantic baby. To think this guy is supposed to be a professional.

I can't recall anyone who's suggested that a new DC will be a "savior" and make us significantly better.

Rather, the thought is a new dc will make us at least a little better, and even if not, that Haslett's 5 year performance did not warrant another year. 5 years of bad defenses is a signal to move on. It doesn't mean you automatically find something good, but you have a better chance than sticking with something proven to be bad

What a gigantic baby. To think this guy is supposed to be a professional.

I can't recall anyone who's suggested that a new DC will be a "savior" and make us significantly better.

Rather, the thought is a new dc will make us at least a little better, and even if not, that Haslett's 5 year performance did not warrant another year. 5 years of bad defenses is a signal to move on. It doesn't mean you automatically find something good, but you have a better chance than sticking with something proven to be bad

For all the accusations of cronyism, lack of accountability, and just handing people jobs--coaches and players--that clearly aren't earned; how does one justify bringing Haslett back? The guys has had minimal success throughout his career--and even less here. Since 2000, he has had one top 15 finish in points, and two in yards given up. The vast majority of years he is in the 20-31 range.

Clearly his success in Pittsburgh was a result of Cowher, not Haslett. He certainly hasn't had any success since winning COY in 2000...

I like Chris Russell personally in my limited time with him. He's a bit arrogant but I think you have to be in order to do that job well, so I don't hold that against him

However his continued meltdown regarding haslett is just bizarre. It really is. I mean, you guys do realize this will continue well into next season especially when our defense sucks, right? (Which I guarantee our defense will suck next year)

I like Chris Russell personally in my limited time with him. He's a bit arrogant but I think you have to be in order to do that job well, so I don't hold that against him

However his continued meltdown regarding haslett is just bizarre. It really is. I mean, you guys do realize this will continue well into next season especially when our defense sucks, right? (Which I guarantee our defense will suck next year)

He doesn't do his job well. He can't even speak....and he has a job doing some radio.

I'm reallllly holding out hope that a draft that includes a young DL, a SS and free agency that includes a good young FS and CB, coupled with a marginally competent DC, will result in a defense at least in the Top 20. And that, to me, should be more than enough to shut Russell up. 

Or not. Maybe he'll find things to **** about or make excuses about. We could have the #1 defense and he'll probably say "ah, well give anyone a top flight FS and CB in FA and they can make it work."

What a jerk.

Archived