Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Stake your reputation" on one of our QBs

KFC

"Stake your reputation" on one of our QBs:  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Which of our QBs will have the best career in the NFL?

• RGIII. He will return to his 2012 form and be our franchise QB for years to come.
    • RGIII. He might not have a long career, and it may be with another team, but what he has done and will do will be better than McCoy or Cousins.
    • Colt McCoy. He will be a solid QB for us/another team.
    • Colt McCoy. He will have a Todd Collins-like career, but it will be better than anything either of the others do.
    • Kirk Cousins. He is going to be the real Franchise QB who we will look back and wonder how we thought it would be Robert.
    • Kirk Cousins. Unfortunately, he will be another team's QB.

Remember when Shanahan "staked his reputation" on John Beck and Rex Grossman? Well here's the opportunity to man up and stake your reputation on one of our QBs: which one will have the best career in the NFL?

I've decided to keep it as one option for each poster. Obviously, each option does not exclude the rest. Just choose the one you feel most strongly will be true.

Discuss below, if you like. I know there have been a lot of RG3, Kirk Cousins and McCoy threads, and perhaps no one wants to argue it anymore. Fine, just leave your vote.

You may earn Chrystal ball glory and the future esteem of other posters, or it may be a black mark on an otherwise sterling record. Either way, a harmless and straightforward question.

Have at it!

I don't need no crystal ball to fame and glory... RG3 will be better than 2012. He will be an elite QB. We will be set for the next 10 years. :D

But when I do look into my crystal ball that I don't have I see the mods frowning on you for another cleverly disguised thread on the QB. We really need to wait after the draft to see what we have first. Then we can make more intelligent predictions. ;)

I don't see how us drafting a QB would have any bearing on this poll...the question is "which QB will have the best career in the NFL" not "who is our starter next year."

Besides, most people agree that we will not be drafting a QB anywhere in the early rounds. It really makes no sense at all to do so.

"Nope. Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent."

Cmon man lay it on the line...I won't judge you. I promise.

These QBs are not on an even slate. We have no idea if Colt or Kirk will get another shot at a starting job here or elsewhere, nor do we know if Gruden will commit to RG3 or if he goes elsewhere, nor would we then know what type of scheme he is in nor the schemes Colt or Kirk would be in if they got to start elsewhere. Without knowing schemes or where QBs will wind up or if they'll even get to start, this poll cannot reasonably be answered.

The better question would be to just ask outright what this poll question is passively getting at: which QB do you think is the best? That question would at least be based on obeservations in similar circumstances as opposed to trying to "stake your reputation" not on your QB analytical skills but on your ability to predict the future.

To that point, IMO RG3 is the best QB on this roster right now.

These QBs are not on an even slate. We have no idea if Colt or Kirk will get another shot at a starting job here or elsewhere, nor do we know if Gruden will commit to RG3 or if he goes elsewhere, nor would we then know what type of scheme he is in nor the schemes Colt or Kirk would be in if they got to start elsewhere. Without knowing schemes or where QBs will wind up or if they'll even get to start, this poll cannot reasonably be answered.

The better question would be to just ask outright what this poll question is passively getting at: which QB do you think is the best? That question would at least be based on obeservations in similar circumstances as opposed to trying to "stake your reputation" not on your QB analytical skills but on your ability to predict the future.

Yes, this is a predict the future poll.

GMs, coaches, scouts, owners, and companies like Nike, Subway, Gatorade or Underarmor do no less when they commit to a player. If you don't have it in you to make the best prediction you can, fine, don't. But don't act like it is completely unreasonable to have a little skin in the game.

Yes, this is a predict the future poll.

Then your premise for it is wrong. Shanny staked his rep on a QB with known capabilities going into a known system. You're asking people to stake theirs on almost pure guesswork alone. That is silly. I agree with zskins that this just seems like a poorly conceived, veiled attempt at starting another QB debate.

You may have a point. Perhaps, "stake your reputation" is a bit strong. That being said, I've seen a lot of posters here argue vehemently one way or the other. There are a lot of strong opinions regarding these players' ability to even hack it in the NFL.

I guess I should have said "if someone held a gun to your head, which one would you be most comfortable picking." Lol

I picked the first one. Why? because I like RG3 and I believe he will be back to his 2012 self. Eff it, I went all in on my prediction :)

And yes, I will stake my reputation (as a poster on this board) on it. If my prediction turns out to be wrong, I will let you guys attack me as a poster for many, many years to come.

I think the main problem you have with the question is that there is a high likelihood you'll be wrong. Which is fine, I understand. The question requires a bold answer. Given that there are zero real life consequences no matter which one you choose, I assumed most would be comfortable answering it.

I picked the first one. Why? because I like RG3 and I believe he will be back to his 2012 self. Eff it, I went all in on my prediction :)

And yes, I will stake my reputation (as a poster on this board) on it. If my prediction turns out to be wrong, I will let you guys attack me as a poster for many, many years to come.

You made a stand. For that, if you turn out to be wrong, you should only receive gentle ribbing.

There will be a ton of experts on these QBs 5 years from now though, I can guarantee it.

I think the main problem you have with the question is that there is a high likelihood you'll be wrong. Which is fine, I understand. The question requires a bold answer. Given that there are zero real life consequences no matter which one you choose, I assumed most would be comfortable answering it.

actually, i like the idea of the thread. i think there should be a real life consequence for being wrong. that real life consequence should be getting attacked by everyone on here for years to come.

We do not have a franchise QB on the roster. I'll stake my reputation on it. Fortunately if I'm wrong I'm not losing much and it means we might win some football games.

Honestly I think the term and ability to get a Franchise QB is way overused.  I think your looking at about 10 QB's or less in the league that are not replaceable and truly franchise QBs who can make up for team deficiencies.

After that you have a mix of decent QBs that on occasion have great results (some more than others). The problem is when you give these guys 100+ mil contracts on average they are not strong enough to carry the team and the team around them is not good enough because of the contract.  When the team is clicking all is good and the QB looks better then he is, when not the contract is the problem.

Can RG3 be near the top of these 2nd tier guy's.......I think for sure as long as the coach and the franchise stays a bit patient with him.  Can he turn into this top 10 top guy who knows.  But as I've said in previous posts you don't need him to be.  At this point the Skins are better served striving at an above average roster play, that is disciplined and consistent and we win as a team with decent QB play (much like how RG3 played on Saturday).  I think that is fully attainable in the short term and can make us a consistent playoff contender which is all I want at this point.

Obviously RG. He has been plaited by injuries, but he's proved that he can play when he's healthy.

Kirk drives the ball down the field well, but turns into Rex or Eli with all the picks he throws.

Colt should stay with us. He will not be our starter, (unless Rob gets hurt) but he's proved he can run our O. Hit the weights Colt. Then you might be a starter in this league.

Knowing this franchise though we will try to spend the next five years developing Kai to be our starter.

RG3 is an utter failure. 

Which reminds me of the time growing up on the farm as a child that our cow stopped providing milk. Of course that was an udder failure. Which also reminds me of the time when I was 13 that I hooked myself up to the milking machine.

148964_milking_machine_.jpg

Little did I know that those things are set to 5 gallons and can't be turned off until that quota is reached. That was a horrific couple of years.

RG3 is an utter failure.

Cowboys 34

Skins 10

You really think RG3 can put up 38 points? Laughable.

And yet he threw an interception 33% of the time he threw it downfield tonight.

lol this team is laughable. RG3 is a high school QB.

gross play. rg3 sucks

He just doesn't get it. He doesn't know how to act and be humble, take responsibility for anything. He could have said, "I should have held onto the ball". 

I knew RG3 was a shady character before the 2013 season when he could have squashed the 2012 injury blame game but instead threw gas on the fire.

Can we have Andrew Luck please?

rg3 sucks

I'm officially over RG3's antics at press conferences. "It was a Touchdown". No, it wasn't Robert.

Is this a troll post? RG3 won't be on this team in 2016. He'll never be a good pocket passer. He's lost burst and speed. His time is running out.

to be honest, I kind of wish RG3 would go run to the player who scored the TD for him to celebrate instead of pointing up to God after a play like that.

Lol, does anyone really have hope right now? I kind of envy you. 

Wake up, we wouldn't win this game with RG3 right now with the best OLine in the league.

The concept of RG3 taking us down on a game winning drive is laughable

Nothing. RG3 just can't handle it.

Only throw RG3 can make is over the middle. Rookie year too.

I've officially given up on RG3. No pocket presence.

Great, all we need is the coddlers having more excuses for RG3. RG3 is healthy to play, just like he was healthy week 1 last year, but it doesn't matter. People baby RG3 and think he needs extra time. So let's give it to him, so when he comes out again as an average QB, people will have NO EXCUSES. Just start him after the bye. This isn't about his health (he's clearly fine to go), this is about not giving him any excuses.

I'd much rather see this ship go down with RG3 at this point.

I'm standing by Kirk. He's still winging it, wants to win. **** it, he cares more about going deep than his stats. LONG LIVE KIRK

Hey, I think you've made you're ****ing point already.

Archived