Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When it comes to the media, the Redskins should take a page from Marshawn Lynch's book

Boss_Hogg

Marshawn's interview last night:

On his big run for the touchdown: "Thank you."

On how his stomach is feeling: "Thank you for asking."

On if he is feeling better: "Thanks for asking."

On what he saw on the long touchdown run: "Thanks for asking."

Perfect, absolutely perfect. Don't give those bammas anything to distort and twist. 

A good example is Mike Jones from the WaPo last week. He took a soundbite from Gruden's press conference and blew it way out of context. It got so bad that a well known Redskins hater, Mike Florio, came to Gruden's defense. 

Of course, the door swings both ways. Gruden needs to stop being so open and honest with these vultures. Stop being mid-west and start acting northeast. Quit being nice and start being an asshole. 

I understand the team has media obligations, but they should consider pulling a Bill Belichik Bill Parcells, or Marshawn Lynch - Don't feed the trolls. 

Loose lips sink ships, shut the **** up and play ball. Goes for everyone in this organization. 

I hope they do this but to me they're more about being in the headlines. It should always be about football. Gruden needs to stop talking to the media so openly about his players.

Boss, when Griffin did this with his quote about focusing on San Francisco, the media and members of this board killed him for being too much like Belichick. Until this team starts winning, the media will take anything they say, twist it to make a story. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Griffin can be more open with the media than he was that day talking about SF. That was a little bit overboard but it was needed at that time.

it CAN work for a losing team if they say the right things.

But you need to say stuff like "We know we need to get better and we are working towards that"

and "Can't look back to what happened in the past. Only can look forward and work as hard as we can as a team"

besides that and everybody just passing praise. You don't need to say anything.

I hope they do this but to me they're more about being in the headlines. It should always be about football. Gruden needs to stop talking to the media so openly about his players.

Griffin can be more open with the media than he was that day talking about SF. That was a little bit overboard but it was needed at that time.

What was so different from Marshawn's comments vs Griffin's. Nothing with the exception of Marshawn sarcastically thanking the media. 

Agree, that Griffin can keep his comments simple..just as he did after the Eagles game.

Fools on our team love to hear themselves talk. Haven't won ****, but they the need to be heard since their actions on the field don't speak loudly.

That's one thing, the only thing, Dan has right. He shuts the **** up. He understands he's a loser and that, as a rule, losers shouldn't yap their gums.

personally, i'm against this sentiment from an idealogical standpoint.  i feel it's unconscionable that this is even a necessary consideration for people to feel that grown men should have to behave in this way so that other adults.....especially people who are supposed to follow a code of un-biased, fact-based, information mining.....don't even have the temptation to twist their words around into whatever drivel they choose to spout.

as far as petulance goes...as i have said many times before, i would prefer just to go full heel & completely make a mockery out of the situation for full entertainment value.  as it goes...i am probably the only one who would really go for such a thing, so as the next best alternative...i agree.  this should most certainly be our M.O. going forward.  there has been too much drama, & if that is one thing we can change to help cultivate our own internal progress by helping to eliminate a lot of the excess white-noise...then i'm all for it.

there are so many reasons why the consideration just gnaws at me...but i am fully capable of seeing the benefits of such action.

Archived