Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Cowboys Prediction thread: Pride and Prejudice

skins island connection

When: Sunday December 28th

Where: FedEx Field

Ah, the memories. Those beloved memories of cowboys and Indians and the old spaghetti westerns, then there is the other memories; Cowboys and Redskins.

This is, of course, typed early sunday morning, and the magic crystal ball needs the batteries replaced, but like a banana left in a frig for 3 weeks, the terminology of 'spoiler' comes to mind.

Saturday, the Redskins welcomed the Eagles to FedEx Field and sent them home licking their wounds, with a last second FG to beat a hopeful Eagles playoff-bound team.

Give up? Nah, that was last year. The Redskins came to play yesterday, Griffin played much better, cutting down on sacks and turnovers, and even though it was by far a great game, it was a welcomed sight to see him playing much smarter.

The defense had no answer for the Eagles TE Ertz, who amassed 15 or 50 catches in the game, but it wasn't enough to get a win, as Sanchez threw a late 4th qtr pick to set up the last second FG to send the Eagles into elimination mode.

This week, well, it speaks for itself; Cowboys week. Tony Romosucks and co. will be coming to town, possibly with playoff implications on the line, and hopefully we can give them a late Christmas defeat and send them packing just like the Eagles.

This will be a test for the defense; Murray is having a great year and has been a big part of their offense, but with a broken bone in his hand, it could possibly be a hindrance to him in the game, thus, once again putting the team on Romo's shoulders to win, and it could go 2 ways; Romo shows poise and leads them to a win, or Romo chokes under the pressure and loses; of course its all depending on what happens against the Colts who play them today.

Defensively, Haslett could be coaching his last game in DC. A struggling defensive group who year after year is in the bottom tier of rankings, but for unknown reasons seems to have good to great games against Dallas.

Look for a flat-out dog fight of a game. When these 2 teams get together you never know what will happen; there are always fireworks and tension flares between these 2 teams, ah, the classic spaghetti westerns [ must be an echo ].  Will the Redskins rise to the challenge and give the Cowboys a loss? Will the game matter to the Cowboys?

A better question is, will the game matter to the Redskins? YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT IT DOES !

Its about pride, and this team showed it against the Eagles, and will show it against the Cowboys as well.

After the bullets fly and the tomahawks sail,

the Redskins send them home losers, and hopefully out of the playoff race.

Redskins 31

Cowboys 30

We were able to get the W in their place earlier this season and historically December means the Cowboys swoon; however, Dallas is 7-0 on the road this season and has been playing well.  Of course, we'll have to see what happens today.....even if Murray doesn't go against the Colts, he should play against us.

Look it at this way. We at least need the Cowboys to put up points to leave no excuse whatsoever to part ways with Haslett after the season.  Griffin will have another solid outing, but...............

Cowboys 31

Redskins 27

Well after the slaying of the Colts and wrapping up the division, I would think Romo, Murray, & Bryant would get some rest. I think they get some playing time but will not be into it as much as us. I feel like RG3 will have another solid outing along with Morris getting around another 80 yards or so.

I think we pull to .500 in the division

Cowgirls 24

Skins 30

FWIW, the only way Dallas gets the #2 seed is if Arizona loses tonight against Seattle and next week against the 49ers and then Seattle loses versus the Rams.  If that happens, Dallas gets the #2 seed whether they are 12-4, due to both teams being 11-5 or if Dallas is 11-5, since Seattle wins the division (swept Zona) but lose the head to head tie breaker to Dallas (keep in mind head to head is meaningless in a 3 way tie, unless one team beat both teams).

With that being said, I expect Washington to win by 2+ TDs

Amazing that everyone picked the Redskins to LOSE last week and after one win against a Mark Sanchez led team that lost two in a row, now everyone is picking the Redskins to beat Dallas. Gotta love it! I hope I'm wrong but:

Cowboys 31

Redskins 17

Amazing that everyone picked the Redskins to LOSE last week and after one win against a Mark Sanchez led team that lost two in a row, now everyone is picking the Redskins to beat Dallas. Gotta love it! I hope I'm wrong but:

Cowboys 31

Redskins 17

I mean last time out against Dallas, Cowher was literally laughing at us and then everyone picked Dallas . NFC East games are usually close and weird 

Truth is, that Dallas O-line is going to buy romoSUCKS a couple extra years in the league when it looked like he was a broken man a couple seasons ago.   Interested to see what they do with Murray, rumors are they are running him into the ground this season because they already know they are letting him walk at end of season due to durability issues, which makes me think Jerrah has his eyes set on Adrian Peterson.

It hurts me to care so little about what usually feels so good, beating Dallas, but really, they have nothing to gain by playing hard, we have nothing to gain by winning.  People can say what they want about "going into offseason with a win" but come on, the season is over until September 2015, this won't be remembered or relevant at that time, especially when one team had nothing on the line.

At this point all I really care about is getting a high draft pick and a meaningless win is not going to help the case. 

Well they demolished the Colts but it looks like Dallas wont have a completely meaningless game next week as seeding will still be impacted by a win or loss. So a lot of second guessing I suppose as to who plays or is rested.

There is no doubt Romo is anything but in meltdown mode right now and if they play full strength I can't see us getting anything.  I imagine their D must feel they have a score to settle too from the loss earlier this season.  I expect them to just keep coming and to look to hit RG3 at every possible opportunity.

Well they demolished the Colts but it looks like Dallas wont have a completely meaningless game next week as seeding will still be impacted by a win or loss. So a lot of second guessing I suppose as to who plays or is rested

Seeding is not impacted by a win or loss. We would need Seattle and Arizona to lose next week to get a bye. If that happens, we get the bye, no matter what, due to having a better record (assuming we win) or by tie breaker (assuming we lose). There is no situation where either team wins and we get a bye.

With the Raiders winning today, we would have moved up to the #3 pick with a loss to the Eagles. So really we lose either way. Just for that I bet we beat a Cowboys team with nothing to play for and push our draft pick to almost being outside of a Top #10 pick :(

According to some in the draft pick race thread, we can't pick any higher than 6th. We can still go as high as 3 if we lose. So basically 4 spots to choose from. Not a huge difference.

At this point all I really care about is getting a high draft pick and a meaningless win is not going to help the case.

I don't openly root for us to lose games, but I was not going to be upset if we lost the last two. The draft is months away and the players will shift up and down and some teams may not even be there through offseason trades. Too early to worry about it right now. Let's get the house cleaned up before we start adding new furniture.

Archived