Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles cheered and Redskins booed: what FedEx looked like yesterday *video*

kgor93

Was at the game yesterday and recorded the introductions of the Eagles and the Redskins. Gives you an idea of what FedEx looked like yesterday. The Eagles fans were louder and more vocal than Redskins fans all game. But I guess that's par for the course when you're a 3-11 team playing a team in the playoff hunt that's local.

Still glad we won but I saw a lot of comments on how the Eagles fans were louder so want to give you all an idea of what it was like from the game. It was like this all game. You could have told me we were in Philly and I would have believed it. All the season ticket holders around us sold their tickets to Philly fans.

Bet they're really glad they came. :)

We left at the 2 minute warning because we thought the Eagles had it in the bag since I had 0 faith in Haslett and didn't want to get behind angry drunk drivers that cut you off and create dangerous situations, but from what i heard and saw, most people stayed til the very end

Also you would think FedEx would be empty but it was PACKED. I'd estimate 95%+ capacity with most of the empty seats on the upper levels.

I mean, I am happy that the Redskins won.  I am even happier that Griffin looked like a professional quarterback and the team showed a ton of heart... but if you think that makes up for how this organization has been run for years you're sadly mistaken.

I gave my tickets to an Eagles fan for free not because I hate the Redskins, cause I don't.  It was so that this video could happen and so that the owner could see this happen in our home.  That, and it wasn't worth it to me to have get the two bucks they were going for on stubhub.

I was at the game and I was embarrased at the number of eagles fans. That being said the Eagles fans were not as loud while we were on offense as I thought they would be. I will say this though that damn E-A-G-L-E-S chant has to be the most annoying thing ever. It was definitly a nice walk out of the stadium. Thank you breeland!

I don't get it, I'm a STH, 8 years now, after waiting many years to get my tickets. I just can't grasp how some of our "fans" approach the team. In my area of the stadium, I know that at least 10 pairs of tickets belonging to STH's were sold/given to Eagles fans. I just don't understand that. Not only are you doing a disservice to you team by not being there to support but you're also making it a miserable game day experience for your fellow STH's

Although I guess I somewhat understand the folks that leave early, though I've never done so myself, those that left early yesterday missed a hell of a game ending and to be able to enjoy the silence of the Eagles fans at the end was priceless.

I don't play the game, I'm not on the field tackling, receiving, or any other such thing, all I can do is provide 12th man fan support for my team as best I can. Yesterday I was embarrassed by my teams fan support.

I was at the game and I was embarrased at the number of eagles fans. That being said the Eagles fans were not as loud while we were on offense as I thought they would be. I will say this though that damn E-A-G-L-E-S chant has to be the most annoying thing ever. It was definitly a nice walk out of the stadium. Thank you breeland!

Given the records it was a given that the Eagle fans would be out.  When you have one of the largest stadiums in the league its basically a given you're going to have more opponent fans then you generally would like............. but they buy beer and burgers also.

In my opinion, the Redskins organization is the way it is due to all the coaching changes we have had.  Several people are responsible for this mess including the fanbase.  Giving tickets to an Eagles fan for Daniel Snyder to see is only going to create another coaching change.  I know i'm in the miniority and may be the only one who feels this way on the board but both Bruce Allen and Jay Gruden need to see this thing out.  Changing things is only going to keep us down for many more years.

I don't get it, I'm a STH, 8 years now, after waiting many years to get my tickets. I just can't grasp how some of our "fans" approach the team. In my area of the stadium, I know that at least 10 pairs of tickets belonging to STH's were sold/given to Eagles fans. I just don't understand that. Not only are you doing a disservice to you team by not being there to support but you're also making it a miserable game day experience for your fellow STH's

While I understand your frustration, to say that we are doing a "disservice to the team" in ridiculous. This makes no sense at all. I know you mean the team on the field, but the TEAM is the Washington Redskins. The same Washington Redskins that constantly produce a poor product. They gave me a disservice when they finally had a winning, playoff season and proceeded to raise my prices by 20%, not to mention parking. To rub salt in the wound, they then produced a 3-13 team. They get their money in March and that's when the right to do whatever I choose with my tickets becomes mine. I owe them, or anyone else, nothing. Having said this, I go to all games, including yesterday. But when I see people around me choose to find better things to do on a Saturday the weekend before Christmas, I fully understand. The Redskins have been disservicing their fans for about 20 years. Enough is enough.

Im not embarrassed by the fans. Not anymore, anyway. I mean, outside of the drunk, obnoxious, frat boy types.

At some point, the organization needs to field a team that's not a joke.

The ineptitude shown the last twenty plus years by this ownership is legendary.

In a world where- between tickets, parking, bad, expensive beer- a game day experience costs you hundreds, the fans can only be pushed so far.

The fans are about the only positive thing about this organization.

This is pure garbage. Everybody is that is a fan is a fan in whatever way they choose. Just because they do something you wouldn't, doesn't make them any less of a fan than you. Personally, I don't see why any fan would buy any Redskins merchandise these days because I want Snyder to feel it in his wallet, but that doesn't make anyone more or less of a fan than me.

Furthermore, the only thing Snyder cares about is your support financially.

As a long time season ticket holder yeah I sold my tickets to an Eagles fan and you know what? f*** it I don't give a **** what you, or anyone else thinks about it.

I'm a hard core fan, and have been for 40+ years, so my "fan-hood" is above reproach. It's just that and I'm sick of the bull****.

I drop $2,800.00 a season for 2 tickets & parking, and the **** product that they're putting out on the field is a slap in the face.

I love my Skins, but hate what they have become. A ****ty, embarassing joke.

The only "disservice" is the product on the field.

Was at the game yesterday and recorded the introductions of the Eagles and the Redskins. Gives you an idea of what FedEx looked like yesterday. The Eagles fans were louder and more vocal than Redskins fans all game. But I guess that's par for the course when you're a 3-11 team playing a team in the playoff hunt that's local.

Still glad we won but I saw a lot of comments on how the Eagles fans were louder so want to give you all an idea of what it was like from the game. It was like this all game. You could have told me we were in Philly and I would have believed it. All the season ticket holders around us sold their tickets to Philly fans.

The cheering for the E-gals wasn't so loud, but the lack of cheering for the home team was shocking (not really). I hope that Dan took notice of the fact that a division rivalry game with that empty of a stadium is unacceptable. I actually think we are in store for some FO changes in the coming weeks, and not a moment too soon!  Let's get an O-line, develop Robert, and turn this team into a champion.

Although I guess I somewhat understand the folks that leave early, though I've never done so myself, those that left early yesterday missed a hell of a game ending and to be able to enjoy the silence of the Eagles fans at the end was priceless.

I don't play the game, I'm not on the field tackling, receiving, or any other such thing, all I can do is provide 12th man fan support for my team as best I can. Yesterday I was embarrassed by my teams fan support.

Well said. Support the team and the players through thick and thin.

My take from the upper level. Arriving at the game it seemed to be about 50/50 Eagles Redskins fans. Eagles fans were energized, lots of E A G L E S chants while Redskins fans seemed ready for a loss. Pretty quickly it became apparent that the game would be competitive, and honestly for me it was the best game I have been to since 2012. Sucks to have your stadium taken over by opposing fans, but defeating them and sending them for a long sad ride home makes it ok.

It's ridiculous to berate someone for selling their tickets to opposing fans, they were the only ones buying. Stub hub doesn't ask who you are a fan of. Glad I went, seriously considered skipping it expecting a loss and having plenty to do to get ready for the holidays. HTTR!

3-11 team, a perennial loser......why are people surprised?  It is like this for every NFL franchise in the NFL.

Hell, in 2005 when we were in Arizona I remember being there at ASU stadium and it seemed like there were more 'Skins fans in attendance.  

This is the norm.

My view as an sth, who was there yesterday, is u don't sell your tickets to fans of a division rival. I had these two annoying ****es sitting next to me last night. One that she had the most irritating screech shed let loose an ytime the eagles did anything remotely positive. I asked them if they were from philly, and the annoying one said no, were from south jersey. So for the sanity of the rest of us, please don't do it. And don't cry about the money either. You shouldn't be buying tickets if you can't afford them.

The best thing u can do if you don't want to go to the game is give the tickets to someone you know who's a skins fan and doesn't ever get the chance to go. Like single mom or dad with a kid or the guy in your office who's never been to a game.

So for the sanity of the rest of us, please don't do it. And don't cry about the money either. You shouldn't be buying tickets if you can't afford them.

The best thing u can do if you don't want to go to the game is give the tickets to someone you know who's a skins fan and doesn't ever get the chance to go. Like single mom or dad with a kid or the guy in your office who's never been to a game.

Ridiculous statement for many reasons! You buy tickets and pay for them in March, April, May. Not that it is any else's business or place to ever tell someone how to spend THEIR money, but how do you know someone didn't buy them and their financial situation changed between March and December? Not just December, but the weekend before Christmas. If you are so concerned about visiting fans sitting around you, then you can solve that problem by purchasing more seats - all the ones around you. Yes, this is a ridiculous statement, but it is no more ridiculous than your statement.

Being a Redskins fan and purchasing season tickets does not mean that the ticket holder needs to be an idiot and financially irresponsible. If someone buys season tickets, their loyalty is not to the the Redskins organization, not to the person to their left, not to the person to their right, etc. It is to THEIR FAMILY and their family only. Some people (like a good friend of mine) give them to clients if they can't go. If someone wants to put their money where their mouth is and write a check for Redskins tickets, they can do anything they damn well please with them. End of story. Anyone who says otherwise takes this WAY too seriously.

Keep in mind, once again, I say this as someone who hasn't missed a home game for 7 years. Purchasing tickets gives me the right to control my seats and my seats only. It does not give me the right to tell the person beside me who they can and cannot allow to use their tickets if they cannot make a game. You want to blame someone for this?? Blame our beloved Redskins and Dan Snyder, not your fellow fans. They put a good enough team on the field, this problem will take care of itself. Until that time comes, if you choose to buy tickets, be smart enough enough to know that this is a transient area and our team sucks! Visiting teams fans WILL be present - you knew what you signed up for. If you know what you signed up for, you have no right to get upset about it. Not like this came out of nowhere. I hate it as much as the next guy, but you are not being realistic.

Look at it like this...maybe our beloved Redskins organization can be as loyal to us as we are to them. If we cannot attend a home game, they agree to buy them back from us and give them to less fortunate Redskins fans. Call the ticket office and see if they will do that and see how hard they laugh. After all, they can afford to do it, can't they?? What you are asking us fans to do is no different.

Have you seen what tickets are selling for?  It's no surprise the stadium hosted a lot of Eagles fans (and lots of empty seats).  The Redskins won't have to worry about this if they field a consistent winner... I'm sure we're close to that.  Any day now. 

Good thread. I think I'm on the side of people that want to do watever they want with their tickets. and give them to whoever they want. i completely understand you guys for not wanting to go to a game in late december if the team is horrible. plus, people could have been going out of town this weekend or something (maybe a trip that wasnt planned back in April when the schedule came out and fans bought tickets for the game). and also, people spend a lot of money to get ready for the holidays, and might wanna do christmas shopping instead of seeing the team play a meaningless game. that is 100% understandable and i dont blame anyone at all for not showing up for the game. 

But at the same time, congrats to the people who did go to the game. I wish I could have gone :)

Archived