Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A crackpot idea: What about trading up to draft QB Marcus Mariota?

kgor93

Just hear me out. So you start the offseason by firing the current personnel guys because they're idiots. Also fire Haslett. Get some smarter people in here. Then you spend the offseason shoring up the offensive line so whatever QB is behind it doesn't get killed. After that, trade up to 1 or 2 to get Mariota. We should be picking 3rd or 4th so it wouldn't cost as much as the RG3 trade. It could be as much as 2 first rounders or a first and a second. Mariota is more polished of a passer than RG3 ever was and moreso than many NFL QB's. He might be too good to pass up.

At the end of the season, you franchise RG3 and deal him or franchise him and keep him (if he plays well). What do yall think?

Man between this thread and the Cutler thread I am amazed by the stupidity of some of our fans. Do you not realize it's not the QB who is losing games. We have 3 wins. Our offensive line needs gutted, secondary needs a lot of help, and we need younger pass rushers. We don't need a dynasty QB to be a good team again and do you actually think Cutler & Mariota are those guys?

Cutler is one of the most inconsistent QB's in the league and didn't we learn our lesson with RG3. Plus Mariota isn't going to be a game changer with the big boys.

Just hear me out. So you start the offseason by firing the current personnel guys because they're idiots. Also fire Haslett. Get some smarter people in here. Then you spend the offseason shoring up the offensive line so whatever QB is behind it doesn't get killed. After that, trade up to 1 or 2 to get Mariota. We should be picking 3rd or 4th so it wouldn't cost as much as the RG3 trade.

So everyone else already shot this down, but I'll just add a bit...

Most likely draft status- if Jags win this week we're 4 and if Tennessee wins were still at 5.  Some possibility to move to 3, but not likely.

The RG3 trade was the 6th pick to get the 2nd (4 spots).  Why would a team that needs a QB, holds the #1 pick (more value than the #2) not want at least the same deal to move 3 or 4 spots.....

Mariota is like the hottest girl in a room full of ugly fat chics.  He's a fat chic too, just the best looking one in the room.  If you get what I'm smoking up in here.  No thanks.  Nice kid but he's not special.  Cutler please  :blink:  :wacko: Seriously though I might be out on a limb by myself but I see Mariota as an average joe at the next level at best.  

Archived