Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jurassic World

Springfield

But all those attempts were in the 90s. I feel like technology would bring a big win on this one

Agree. I feel Spielberg wouldn't resurrect the series unless he does it right. Not really feeling the super dinos, but I have faith.

The problem is exactly the reason some are wanting to see it.  FX over story.  Sure the Dinosaurs will look snazzy and move more realistically, but our imaginations are good enough to make a dinosaur real.  What a movie needs is plot and stakes.  Characters you care about.  If the only reason to make this is because you can make it look better then it's like Lucas updating the original Star Wars movies in a way that in reality just subtracted from them.

I will watch it. The ten year old in me loves dinosaurs.

Yeah Crichton's Jurassic Park was, iirc, tbe very first adult book that I read (that or Pet Semetary--I don't know whose genius idea that was) and then for the movie to come out like a year later in like 4th grade, talk about ****ing heaven. So yeah, I'll watch this...like almost all my must see's these days, when it shows up on HBO/Showtime/Cinemax/etc

I dunno burgold..

this trailer reintroduces some intriguing plot elements such as man playing God, the illusion of control, and chris pratt playing goldblum's sense of worry. all very solid elements from jurrasic park.

if they can hit those elements properly (which I suspect they can), it will be a watchable movie. if they can build on the other elements they introduced it will be a good movie.

the cgi at this point looks bad and the characters outside of mom in the trailer look rather boring. I dunno know if ill be able to get on board with trained raptors though, id prefer theyre all just fleeing the bigger dino.

Yeah, I'm really not feeling like the first JP movie really needs to be redone.  And I'm not really seeing any way this one has been improved.  I mean really, dinosaurs weren't scary enough? 

But then, somehow, I don't see Spielberg making this movie unless he thought this one was a lot better.  And I think the guy has demonstrated that he knows what's a good movie and what isn't. 

All modern day technology is going to do is rape your eyes with cgi

And noise, flashing lights, and camera shaking. It's getting so bad that often times in the middle of action scenes if you pause it and think "do I know where they've gone or where the characters are relative to eachother" the answer is often "not a clue". Sometimes you don't even know where all the participants came from but you're certain there were less of them when the loud noises began.

It's funny that some of you are calling out this movie and the series for being something less than high art. I don't think it ever aspired to Independent film status, I mean the book it was based on wasn't some literary wonder that English Lit majors will be studying 200 years from now. 

Until Andy Serkis suits up to be a dinosaur, I don't think anyone ever believed this could be more than a flash-bang movie. 

Archived