Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Set Sights On Indianapolis Colts

HAIL TO THE MIGHTY REDSKINS NATION!

I don't want to sound dramatic but growing up one of the best joy's in life was watching the SKINS! After my girl friend and now wife of course. But I have to say the last couple of years has been torture but for a few GREAT games like kicking the cowgirls A**! I know i've said Robert is not the answer but after seeing the dallas game when they put a clock on how much time romo had to throw the ball and it was like 7 to 8 seconds unreal! And RGIII has 2 to 3 seconds. I hate to say this really do but i have to give Jerry credit for drafting three offensive linemen now they can run and pass. WOW! really We the fans has been saying this for years. It seems year after year we say we need a offensive line we need a defensive backfield. And maybe a QB? We shall see. I hope some time soon i can enjoy watching my skins again. Just one more time before i die. HAIL!

Hail Sammy - You bring up a great point. Why is it a bunch of fans on the blogs can see the need for an Oline and Dline yet now 4 sets of coaches just can't see it, or just don't care?

I will say, I think Jay does get it. While he took Murphy in the 2nd, he went Oline the next 2 picks and took what people felt were quality picks. I know some were critical of Moses play yesterday, but all in all, he did pretty good being his 1st NFL start and going against an angry and very rested pro-bowl OLB. Also, I think the line will look different next yeat and Lavaou will work better in that scheme.

He also went after Hatcher. Maybe a short term solution, but if you think about it, the DJax signing was kind of an after thought (and he has delivered by the way). But whether you agree with the people signed or not, it's clear he understands the need for great line play.

This next off-season and draft is when Gruden can really put his mark on the team. We have all our picks and all our cap space. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but i think he gets it. Also, the more I have to think about things, I really believe he is thinking long term for this team. Not just another 2 or 3 players and we are fixed.

I did say before the season started that Moses was the best option at LT if Trent went down. Moses wasn't great but I still feel that way. His footwork is now completely the opposite of what the skins have been trying to get him do this year. He needs to force guys to the outside vs releasing the inside but I think that will happen sooner than later if he stays on the left.

Archived