Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Calling all CA fans to the 'Skins/Whiners Tailgate

Special K

Hey All,

Not sure if this is even the correct forum, so mods, move it wherever you want.  My bad. :)

Anyway, yes, I know this is going to be a game of probable misery, or not, we're on the road and who knows....BUT why should that keep us from having an awesome tailgate?!?  Well, there is literally NO REASON we shouldn't have an awesome tailgate!  Dangit!  Some of us bought tix near the beginning of the season and we're going to make the best of it.

As my best friend and I did in '08, when we held a combined Whiners fan and Redskins fan tailgate (sorry, she worked for the Whiners at the time, it was inevitable---but, there was a huge turnout and I'm proud to say the Bay Area Skins fans and my family outnumbered the whiners' fans :D).  Anyway, we are holding a combined tailgate again.  So, if you are looking for other 'Skins fans to tailgate with, either post in this thread or contact me via PM and I'll give you more details.  We are currently working on the tailgate necessities (aka, flip cup/beer pong tables, bbq's, etc).  We already have several extra parking spaces where we will put our tailgate set up...

SO, if you want to at least have fun prior to the game on Sunday, let me know and I'll include you in this tailgate we're planning.  I don't promise a team win, but I do promise a badass tailgate! ;)

K,

The sad thing is, I live 109 miles from the stadium and will be in SF the entire weekend and I chose not to go because of the cluster**** that getting out of that new stadium has become.

Also - please be careful fellow Skins fans. While I tend to think SFers are nice in general, going to a lot of SF Giants games has shown me what a-holes they are when the opposing fans show up in their team colors. So just have fun and try not to get killed.

:)

edit - oh and please enjoy the food and sights!

I want to know what SFers is/are ?

San Franciscoers ?

San Franners ?

Either one. ;)

I had the pleasure of going to college with (and being a part of) a bunch of asshat drunk immature fans (WVU), so I know rowdy. SF can get that way if you let it. Especially since the Niners fans all have a chip on their shoulder this year.

Foxboro is another place that people don't realize that some of the fans are idiots.

I'm stunned that New Englanders can be rude.

Thanks for the heads up, EG.  Looking forward to my 6 hour drive home.  After getting out of the freaking parking lot.  I wouldn't even be going to the game if it weren't my Christmas gift to my dad (somehow he seriously still wants to go and make this horrendous drive, bless his heart).  Plus I will be meeting my godchild for the first time, so there's that. ;)  Anyway, I would like to also send a shoutout to my A-hole boss for not giving me even a half day off on Monday...while taking the entire week off, herself.  Ok, I'm done. :)

Interesting you say that about the 49ers fans because my brother chose not to bring his family or go at all for that very reason.  The last time he took his family to a Niners/Skins game in 2008, some drunk fan accosted his wife and 7 year-old daughter outside the bathroom (the wife was in a Skins sweatshirt, the daughter in a Skins cheerleader outfit).  My brother wasn't even drinking and is a very level-headed guy and he came so close to punching the lady in the face for scaring his daughter and making her cry, he told me it scared him.  He didn't want to put himself in that type of situation again and refuses to go back, ever.  People think they're all docile fans, but that's not the case, there are a bunch of drunk A-holes in that wine and cheese fest.

Fortunately, I have a lot of Niners fan friends my dad and I are tailgating and sitting with (and some Skins fans --- Skinfan2k and Slacky McSlackass and other Redskins fan friends), so we have a bit of a buffer.  Until we decide to go to the bathroom. :lol:  Plus, both teams suck this season, so hopefully that will temper the alcoholism and misdirected rage.  Or not.

There is a fairly large contingent heading to the game. I know that me and 50 others are taking a tailgate bus in. Heard there is another skins bus full as well. Hope to see you out there!

Do you know what parking lot you all are being bussed into?  If you're near us, swing on by.  My dad will kick your butt in beer pong!!  Just kidding, he doesn't even drink, ha

Archived