Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bill Cosby ... There is smoke.

Kosher Ham

25 minutes ago, Vilandil Tasardur said:

This is an interesting angle to me. Is it not possible for both realities to be true?

Can a man not be a gifted actor and comedian, and also a wise figurehead for a community, and also have dark demons in his personal life (assuming he's guilty of course)?

I ask this often about Thomas Jefferson when people want to paint him as a horrible person for his treatment of his slaves. Is it not possible for a man to be a wise and powerful person integral to our nation's history while also having deep character flaws as a person? I am very intrigued by our desire for our heroes to be perfect. 

I guess what I would say is:

My heroes don't need to be perfect, but maybe they could do better than drugging women to rape them or mistreating slaves (the phrase 'mistreating slaves' is just cringeworthy)

?

I'm not really in a position to judge others harshly on screwing up; I have a laundry list of screwups of my own.

But what Cosby did (allegedly) goes well beyond screw up, and into a really dark and nasty place. It doesn't get much worse than rape. Raping children would be worse. Being a murderer would be worse. I'm sure there are others. It's a short list.

(I do understand what you're saying though, and I agree we tend to require them to be perfect and I don't think that is fair)

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Vilandil Tasardur said:

This is an interesting angle to me. Is it not possible for both realities to be true?

Can a man not be a gifted actor and comedian, and also a wise figurehead for a community, and also have dark demons in his personal life (assuming he's guilty of course)?

I ask this often about Thomas Jefferson when people want to paint him as a horrible person for his treatment of his slaves. Is it not possible for a man to be a wise and powerful person integral to our nation's history while also having deep character flaws as a person? I am very intrigued by our desire for our heroes to be perfect. 

I think it is possible for him to be a gifted comedian and have dark demons, but I think you lose your standing to preach morality when you're engaging in immoral behavior.

• Like 7

Good points guys.

I definitely think:

He's probably guilty.

He's a filthy deplorable (insert insult of choice) who should be in prison.

He loses any stance to discuss morality based on this behavior.

I'm curious though if he has to be scrubbed from history? Should we not air the shoes episodes? Should we stop watching the comedy? I find the issue strange in a curious way.

People want to rename Margaret Court arena for her comments on gay marriage. But the arena wasn't named in her honor for her political views. It was named in her honor for what she did on the tennis court, which doesn't change just because she turned into a bigoted old person. 

Edited by Vilandil Tasardur
  • Like 1

Bill Cosby to Teach Youth How to Avoid Sexual Assault Accusations

Bill Cosby wants to spread the word to young people about sexual assault  ... and how to avoid being accused of it.

Cosby's spokespeople, Andrew Wyatt and Ebonee Benson, told "Good Day Alabama" Wednesday the comedian is planning a series of town halls this summer to educate young people about sexual assault.

More specifically, they say he's planning on teaching 'em how to look out for warning signs from potential victims and handle accusations that could follow.

Click on the link for the full article

• 10 months later...
On 4/26/2018 at 5:04 PM, BenningRoadSkin said:

He gonna die before going to prison.

He should, he's either going to be somebody's grandpa or somebody's b****.  Don't think Mr. Huxtable will get "immunity" where he's going, not after this.

19 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

How does his wife play the role of... it never happened ? 

Come on man....

Money, and women who do that gross me out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2014 at 11:25 PM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Men should respect "NO" and women have the right to say it.  PERIOD.  It's called self-control and respect for another's desire to not engage any further in said act.  

Rape is not a THEME, it's RAPE.  

I'm sorry, can you take a moment to clarify that for us. 

On 27/4/2018 at 4:49 AM, Kosher Ham said:

60 women ? That is horrific. 

Damn, Bill.  

I hope they can some how find a way to lock him up forever. 

How does his wife play the role of... it never happened ? 

Come on man....

Probably because of fame and $$$. She is a disgrace to the women and the country.

2 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

It was a joke. Meaning that you were clear. 

I didn’t get it either. Timing and delivery were both way off.

Friggin’ Redskins can screw up anything, I swear. Of course we get the only unfunny Jewish guy on the planet.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff