Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter and Russell Reporting DeAngelo Hall re-tore his Achilles

Bliz

Needless to say, this is very bad news. 9 month rehab on the re-tear. For a 31 year old CB, there has to be concern this could be a career-ender

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 2h 2 hours ago

CB DeAngelo Hall, who tore his Achiles last month and underwent surgery to repair it, tore it again this week and will have to redo surgery.

iurcxW88_bigger.pngChris Russell ‏@Russellmania980

Source close to DeAngelo Hall confirms @AdamSchefter report on re - torn Achilles. Per @jocktodoc - much longer rehab after 2nd procedure.

Dr. Mark Adickes @jocktodoc · 2h 2 hours ago

DeAngelo Hall's return at 30yo is in question after retearing surgically repaired achilles. Return after redo surgery 9 mos instead of 6.

If by some chance he gets back, it seems likely to me that he would be ready after next season and not for it. It takes about a year to really come back and be effective from one tear. I would expect if Hall comes back at all that he would be on the pup list to start next season and get back after week 8. More likely he would be ready for the 2016 season. CB's can play into their 30's though, so there's some hope. It's a hella long road though.

Ouch. 

I see the best-case scenario from this as letting Hall recover for the next year and then letting him ease into learning the safety position.

That's the only scenario I could see for him continuing his NFL career. His ball hawking skills are suited to the free safety position, if he's ever able to get his wheel healthy again.

Archived