Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Source: RG3 to start in Week 9

Nuwanda

From CBS also:

Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III will start Sunday's game in Minnesota, sources within the organization told NBC4 in Washington. Griffin practiced fully Wednesday for the first time since dislocating his ankle Week 2, splitting first-team reps with Colt McCoy.

What an opportunity this is to get some proper momentum going.

From CBS also:

Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III will start Sunday's game in Minnesota, sources within the organization told NBC4 in Washington. Griffin practiced fully Wednesday for the first time since dislocating his ankle Week 2, splitting first-team reps with Colt McCoy.

What an opportunity this is to get some proper momentum going.

this will either be the greatest decision ever by Jay Gruden and the doctors...or it will come back to bite them in the butt BIG TIME.

Every single thread, Mr. Doom and Gloom.  Get over it, he's 100%, you play the guy.  Good god.

um, im actually pretty happy that hes playing, and i believe in him to lead this team to victories. but as is the case with any player coming back from an injury, the coach and doctors will either be geniuses for letting the player come back, or the coach and doctors will have made a mistake. dont get me wrong, i 100% hope that its the correct decision. no doom and gloom here.

this will either be the greatest decision ever by Jay Gruden and the doctors...or it will come back to bite them in the butt BIG TIME.

Trent Williams was quoted after practice saying he looked like the proper RG3. If he looks ready you have to go with him in my opinion.

If anything not playing him could lead to bigger problems. We all know how much Robert wants to be out there.

The CBS report is parroting Russini "sources within the organization told NBC4". The same Russini who tweeted at the start of the 2nd half of the Titans game that Cousins would start seconds before Colt took the field. 

I'll believe it when I see another source confirm, independent of the NBC4 report. 

I rather them stay with the hot hand in Colt McCoy, and continue seeing what he could do. 

Part of me wants to see McCoy as well.  I like that kid, think he did well on Monday night.

I am excited too see RG3 too, but can't help to wonder what the rush is.  Why not be careful?  We have a bye week coming up.  Better safe than sorry, that's what I say.

The CBS report is parroting Russini "sources within the organization told NBC4". The same Russini who tweeted at the start of the 2nd half of the Titans game that Cousins would start seconds before Colt took the field. 

I'll believe it when I see another source confirm, independent of the NBC4 report. 

This.

She's extremely hit or miss. She could be right, and she could even have a source (though I doubt it), but this is a likely enough outcome regardless that I think this is the type of call she'd make just to be first--I'd be surprised if Griffin didn't start this week so it's not really a ballsy call.

This is definitely the right decision.  Gruden knows that paloffs is now, and if RG3 is gonna go on a 7 game win streak starting with tampa, then giving him this game plus the bye week is not that much different and could possibly remove extra nervousness/anxiety by having to wait until after the bye week and then all of the sudden have to play "savior."

This way he can maybe get the cobwebs out and fix things during the bye,  since I still think his Ravens and Texans games showed serious concerns.  If we lost against dallas then maybe having McCoy out another week could have made sense.  Gruden really seems to be a man of his word and it would have caused an issue in the locker room given what he's been saying publicly about who he'd start if RG3 played well enough in practice but held him out anyway.

Archived