mcsluggo

The biking thread....

I just bought a Harley 48.  The 2 gallon gas tank kinda sucks.  Not as mich range as i would like.  But fun bike other than that.  

Wait.  I think this is the wrong biking thread.  😁

• Like 1

On 10/28/2014 at 4:19 PM, mcsluggo said:

my bike was near top-o-the-line!!!!!!

..... in 1989.      this bike is best accessorized with neon legwarmers, michael jackson's red and black patterned leather jacked from "thriller" and a mullet

large.jpg

I killed this bike on Friday... may it rest in peace :(

( i changed gears hard, and snapped the gear shifter, and when it ripped off, it tore some of the carbon tube, and the bike shops refuse to repair once the carbon is torn...)

I have a newer Speialized of uncertain vintage and specs.... (it is pretty cool, though)

<not mine, but it looks just like this, but with some sort of tiger stripe pattern?>

specialized-allez-dsw-sl-sprint-elite-27 

and.. this is me on strava:

http://www.strava.com/athletes/mcsluggo

This weather man. I'm ready for something close to resembling spring to hurry the hell up and get here. Full vid of the entirety of the Cap trail from Richmond to Jamestown. I watched entirely too much of it. I've gone about halfway from Richmond a couple of times. It's a nice, easy ride. This dude flew straight through it. I like to stop and enjoy the scenery a little. There's a ton of condensed videos out there of it. If you ever come to the Richmond or Williamsburg areas, I recommend you take some time, and ride a bike towards whichever area you're not in.

Here's a WaPo write up from 2016: link

Edited by SoulSkin
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, SoulSkin said:

This weather man. I'm ready for something close to resembling spring to hurry the hell up and get here. Full vid of the entirety of the Cap trail from Richmond to Jamestown. I watched entirely too much of it. I've gone about halfway from Richmond a couple of times. It's a nice, easy ride. This dude flew straight through it. I like to stop and enjoy the scenery a little. There's a ton of condensed videos out there of it. If you ever come to the Richmond or Williamsburg areas, I recommend you take some time, and ride a bike towards whichever area you're not in.

<bike ride video>

11 hours ago, SoulSkin said:

Here's a WaPo write up from 2016: link

yeah... i am very ready... .

• Like 2

It's been really difficult to find good days to ride around here since the middle of October. It has either been rainy, snowing, windy or to darn cold and the trails are not taken care of during the winter. This weekend it supposed to be 40ish, so I may venture out, but we just had another 7 inches of snow drop on us, and it is going to be sloppy out.

I have been riding on the indoor trainer to a program called Zwift, but the pure enjoyment of riding is not the same.

• Like 1

i was looking at strava, and i biked at least some every week last winter.... i have biked one day since the week before christmas this year.

Kinda cool, I guess. If you want to bike the Capital trail,  you can just take a train to Main Street Station in Richmond and hop on it like 3 blocks away. Looks like they're testing this out, and it's only an option on routes going along from Boston down to Newport News.